DBZ Movies: Where They Fit In

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:51 pm

Oh, oh, Mike! I just remembered (I don't anyone's pointed it out yet) - In movie 5, it's stated by Kamesennin that Goku had returned from Namek, commenting on how strong he's gotten since then.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:15 pm

I just checked, all I can get are 320 x 240 caps. My friend dosen't want to re-rip the movie. He sent me 4 caps (.bmp files) so I think at least one of them should work. I'll see if you're in chat...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:22 pm

I'm at work; won't be in the chat today.

I'd rather take full-sized caps 'cuz I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with them / how I'm going to arrange them, just yet, and I want the most raw stuff I can get before I start diving into creating the "section" (which'll probably just be on each movie page, one per page).

Thanks for any / all help anyone offers, though... it's appreciated.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:29 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Would movie 8 be able to take place during the "10 days rest" before the Cell Games? Somehow I doubt it, because the events in the movie seem to take place over a few days' time (as seen by people sleeping, even), and that's just cutting it too close...
I doubt it. Everyone would have been too fucked up from fighting Brolli to even think about going against Cell.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:06 pm

Mizugi wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Would movie 8 be able to take place during the "10 days rest" before the Cell Games? Somehow I doubt it, because the events in the movie seem to take place over a few days' time (as seen by people sleeping, even), and that's just cutting it too close...
I doubt it. Everyone would have been too fucked up from fighting Brolli to even think about going against Cell.
That's when it's SUPPOSED to take place, but wouldn't everybody chalk up LSSJ as USSJ2 and not be worried by it? Goku+Gohan should be in SSJ all the time AND be more than capable of taking out Broly. Besides, we see lots of events from the 10 days rest and I doubt Briefs had time to build another ship for Piccolo in that time.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:43 am

What about DBZ movies 5 and/or 6? Could either of them take place during the three-years while waiting for the jinzoningen? It doens't make much sense (especially 5), but what conflicting evidence is there?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:50 pm

Conflicting evidence: Goku has no control over going SSJ in movie 5 yet. However, he already had complete control when he returned to Earth and met Trunks. The Daizenshuu lists movie 5 taking place not too long before the andoirds arrive, but it doesn't add up. Why wasn't Piccolo there when Cooler+co arrived: he should have been training with Gohan+Goku. Instead he shows up like a day later. And if eeeeeeeverybody could sense Freeza coming to Earth, why couldn't anybody (ie: Tenshinhan, Yamcha+Vegeta) sense someone STRONGER than him? Also, Gohan has the wrong hair cut.

6 doesn't work because it can't fit anywhere, is a sequel to 5, and Nail is still alive (I think it was Nail. May have been another Piccolo clone).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:47 pm

Movie 6 also doesn't work because Piccolo is already merged with Kami and Dende is now the new Kami.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:58 pm

That guy definitely wasn't Nail. As for the DB movies, I haven't seen #2 yet, but #1 and #3 are rehashes of the story. The same way that the 10th anniversary movie is a rehash of the story.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:57 am

Dayspring wrote:6 doesn't work because it can't fit anywhere, is a sequel to 5, and Nail is still alive (I think it was Nail. May have been another Piccolo clone).
No, that wasn't Nail. The nameless Namekian warrior was the same one who confronted Freeza with 2 others outside of Guru's house. Freeza caught him by the neck, and when he didn't know the dragonball password he shot him through the chest.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:43 am

Super Sonic wrote:That guy definitely wasn't Nail. As for the DB movies, I haven't seen #2 yet, but #1 and #3 are rehashes of the story. The same way that the 10th anniversary movie is a rehash of the story.
As is #2. Daizenshuu #6 lists them as "Adventure Stories" rather than Z's "Battle Stories," and does not give a specific spot in the series where they would fit in (since they replace a specific part of the plot). So don't worry about those. :)
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:41 am

I had thought; couldn't Movie 7 fit into one of the alternative timelines created by Trunks' time machine?

We know that in one timeline, Trunks and gang somehow manage to destroy # 17 & 18, Trunks returns to his own time and somehow kills the androids in his time as well, and is then killed by Cell.

DBZ movie 7 happens after the release (and probably destruction) of Androids 17 & 18, since we saw them awakened in the intro, but everyone is just going about their daily business like the Androids are no longer a threat.

So it could be:

- Trunks travels back in time, kills Freeza gives Goku heart medecine

- Vegeta kills #19, Piccolo severes #20's arm (It's severed in the intro), Dr. Gero releases #17 & 18, who quickly dispatch him.

- Somehow Z senshi manage to destroy them without using the room of spirit and time.

- Not long afterwards, movie 7 takes place

- Trunks returns to his own time, kills the artificial humans, and is killed by Cell.

- Cell takes time machine into the past, creating the present DBZ timeline.

If you look at the circumstances, it's not TOO unbelievable...Well, as long as you don't point out that Trunks broke his sword in half over Super 13's arm, but it's fixed again when he charges Cell n.n'

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:53 pm

Actually, that was my theroy Deus. :evil: I put that up some time ago. The idea was that 13 came from the Time-line where they used the remote to deactivate the Androids. As for the sword, maybe Piccolo made him a new one before he went home?
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:26 pm

lol, my bad then, I must have missed it. Great minds just think a like right? :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:18 pm

Problem with the Remote Theory: They would have found Gero's robot that was fixing the glitches in 13-15. Instead of Cell when they found the remote. :P

Mind you, different timelines had different strengthed ppl. The manga/anime timeline's androids were all stronger than Mirai Trunks'. Maybe when the androids made their appearance, the 3 years of training made it enough for the Z crew to win. That's why Trunks' sword was intact: in movie 7's timeline it just never got destroyed in the first place.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:23 pm

Dayspring wrote:Problem with the Remote Theory: They would have found Gero's robot that was fixing the glitches in 13-15. Instead of Cell when they found the remote.
Or maybe Bulma whipped it up on her own? We don't know how that other time-line progressed, so you could be completely wrong.
Dayspring wrote:Mind you, different timelines had different strengthed ppl. The manga/anime timeline's androids were all stronger than Mirai Trunks'. Maybe when the androids made their appearance, the 3 years of training made it enough for the Z crew to win. That's why Trunks' sword was intact: in movie 7's timeline it just never got destroyed in the first place.
It's pretty much been determined/decided that the Androids of the present and of the Future where all of the same strength. Trunks was mistaken because he'd only fought the future Anroids while they were operating at 50% power, but the ones in the present stayed at full power.
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:42 pm

Actually, I don't know about that. Wasn't Juuhachigou holding back in her batle with Vegeta because she didn't consider him a challenge?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:29 pm

At first she seemed to have been, but by the time she broke his arm she seemed to be done playing. I don't think she or 17 held back anything though. She was more or less just letting Vegeta have fun.
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:34 pm

Ah, yeah.. In Budoukai 1, you fight her for a little bit, and after you pwn her, Vegeta demands her to get serious and she says that he's not really a challenge, causing him to charge angrily, and there is much arm dislocation.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:20 pm

On the theory that Movie 7 takes place in another timeline, the one where the Androids were beaten without the whole Cell thing...

Maybe Androids 13-15 were the androids they fought. 17 and 18 could have been destroyed by 13-15. So instead of the Z Senshi defeating 17 and 18, and then 13-15, it could have just been 13-15. And then Trunks, future, Cell, DB timeline, Room of Spirit and Time, Cell go boom.

I'm not sure if someone else said this already.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.