"Rumor Guide" - New Topics

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:42 pm

Yeah, that's fair enough. But (with all respects to SailorSpazz) I can't stand people who immedietly look for cheats when they get a game. It's up there with, say, watching the final few scenes of a film before the beginning, or reading the last page first. It takes away all the challenge, and ruins the game for you.

Life doesn't come with a walkthrough, y'know!

*end of rant*

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:09 pm

Walkthrough in life = work connections. Work connections = money and power. Money and power = secret of happiness in life. "Secret" = Life equivalent of a cheat code. MUWAHAHA! Proved you wrong! Ahhh... I have no life. :|

( Or money or power!!! :cry: )
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:07 pm

I'm not sure if this counts as rumour, since the person does say that "these are fake", although he also says that they could be from GT or AF (hnng). Still, I'm sure there are some people out there who think that Nappa can turn SSJ (and get GOLDEN EYEBROWS! WOOO!)

http://www.j-slicedbz.freeservers.com/photo.html

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:12 pm

Heh, I saw a picture of SSJ Nappa once. His mustache turned gold, and floated upward. ^_^ The fact that it was drawn in MS Paint made it even better.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:13 pm

Uhh...Aren't all those SSJ6 guys in Bid for Power?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:18 pm

What I'm noticing more in that picture of Nappa, is the fact that the guy spelled it "Sayan". :?

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:52 pm

[quote="PsyLiam"]Yeah, that's fair enough. But (with all respects to SailorSpazz) I can't stand people who immedietly look for cheats when they get a game. It's up there with, say, watching the final few scenes of a film before the beginning, or reading the last page first. It takes away all the challenge, and ruins the game for you.
[quote]

Heh heh, yeah, I usually like to beat games with my own abilities before I try any cheat codes, too, but my fiance prefers to just blast through games with doing as little work as possible :P (He has such a horrible negative score on GTA Vice City) I did have lots of fun with my Game Genie on the SNES, though....it was fun to play Mario Brothers 3 always having Kuribo's shoe ^_^
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Pancakes

Post by Pancakes » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:22 am

In dragonball GT, Goku is an older man with grandchildren. The grandchildren travel back in time to meet Goku as a boy - how cool is that!?

Mike, remember how the Australian magazine K-Zone approached Meri to use her bio of Trunks for their magazine? Bah, can't remember the link, but I'm sure she will remember.

Well, looking through some of their old issues this week I found this in a magazine. The plotline of DBGT, from thr mouth of Gen Fukanaga himself.

:oops: :lol: Where in holy HFIL did they get that information from? :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

I can scan the article for you, if you wish...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:26 am

Haha! You know... Meri *still gets* K-Zone! Way back when, when they originally "stole" some stuff from her, they offered to send her an issue. Ever since, they've been sending her the magazine every month! Her mom takes it to school and gives it to the children as a "prize" for being good :P.

What issue is this in? I'll have her see if she's still got it / gotten it, yet.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pancakes

Post by Pancakes » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:35 am

June 2000. Yeah, it's really old!

O______O;; Wow. Even I stopped buying it in 2001! :P

:lol: Sorry, but that's too funny :P If angelfire stops being a bum, then I'll post a link....

*an hour passes*

.....and it's not :evil:

I thought it was funny that Gen Fukanaga himself said that was the GT storyline! ^^

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:35 am

Pancakes wrote:I thought it was funny that Gen Fukanaga himself said that was the GT storyline! ^^
:roll:

It's funny alright, but in a sad kind of way. Even fans armed only with fan subs seem to know more about the dragonball series, than the entire cast of FUNimation combined.

Pancakes

Post by Pancakes » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:57 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/k_hill/k-zartgenf.JPG

And

http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/k_hill/ ... fclose.JPG

Sorry they took so long to get to ya, with school being back, I was kinda hectic! :(

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:40 pm

That's just so sad and scary, it's depressing! :( :?

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Sorry that I've already posted this in one of the AskVegettoEX forums, since I didn't see this til afterwards.

I've had people email me trying to claim that there is a Special Edition Bardock Special in Japan. Information they have sent me which is in my FAQ is that Celipa is proven to be Bardock's sister. Another thing they've tried to claimed which ins't in my FAQ is that a graphic scene of Goku's birth is shown. At the end of the email they say "I haven't seen it myself but I know it's there!"

So EX. How many DBAF ones have you been asked?

EDIT: Another one I've forgotten I saw a long time ago. IF you look at the two suns close to the end of the Badock special, Freeza is in one of them, and Coola is in the other.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:56 pm

Magica wrote:EDIT: Another one I've forgotten I saw a long time ago. IF you look at the two suns close to the end of the Badock special, Freeza is in one of them, and Coola is in the other.
Yes, yes, yes!!!! I've heard that one countless times, mostly years ago before the DVD came out. Once I get my DVD back from Scott (who... uhh... never put it to use :P), I'll definitely do some screen-caps and add such...
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:19 pm

Ah, I have a rumor for you.

"Tenshinhan is an alien"

Yeah, he has three eyes. So he must be an alien.
Stupid danish manga supports this as well.
Last edited by Adamant on Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Definitely a good one. I actually just got an e-mail the other day "correcting" us for saying Tenshinhan is a human in the "Rumor Guide." Badly spelled, all caps, of course...

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:14 pm

Strange how most people who are wrong are also illiterate. I wonder why? Well, they're both types of idiots... I guess it just goes well together.

Hurry up with that screen-cap, I'm really interested in that. As for that Tenshinhan stuff, I heard he was a mutant. Stuff about his mom and a power plant. Was that from a fanfic or something?
Last edited by Zackarotto on Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:16 am

Ever heard of those Dragonball Uncut T-shirts way back when and PN's MrE. said they weren't real?

I have one. Wearing it right now. >_>

(I can scan it if you want, but it'll be in segments.)
EDIT2: Actually I found it on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=15687

EDIT: I have another rumour (or maybe it's not a rumour) that I want clarified. Is King Vegeta's royal advisor/second in command named Corniss or Zorn?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:52 pm

I'm not sure if that's just in the dub or not. I do definitely remember King Vegita calling him that in the dub. Maybe I should check my sub version to see what is said again, sice I can't remember. :oops: