Character Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:40 pm

I noticed Tullece, Broli, and Paragus weren't listed under the "Saiyans", does this mean the movie villians won't get their own bio's?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:53 pm

No, it just means I didn't type their names :P.

We do plan on having some kind of distinction between canon and filler/movie characters, though... and since they're movie characters, maybe that's why I didn't type their names right away. Not sure. Don't remember ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:43 pm

If I recall correctly, you were asking us for suggestions on how you should seperate them. Different catagories/colours/fonts/etc.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:57 pm

Shock of all shocks, I've finished writing the rest of the Trunks bio text this afternoon! I'm not sure if I've missed anything, so let me know if I left something out. Also, please let me know of any spelling errors, or story mis-information. I've yet to finish the images, since I've only made screencaps for up to episode 149 (FUNi numbering):

http://www.daizex.com/guides/characters ... ndex.shtml

Thanks!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:28 pm

Not shabby at all, and very thorough. :D I found 3 things to critique however:
Apparently, Goku has forgotten to take the heart medicine Trunks gave him.
Goku didn't forget; Trunks had told him to take the medicine when he got sick, which was supposed to be a year from then. However Goku didn't get sick when he was supposed to, and his symptoms didn't appear until he began fighting #19.
Trunks then continues to fight Cell now that Vegeta is out of the picture, but it is no use. Cell manages to over-power Trunks, and then absorbs #18, thus becoming the ultimate fighter, much to Trunks' horror.
This statement is somewhat mislead; as Cell doesn't actually over-come Trunks (infact, he never lands a single hit), he only stunned him long enough with a Taiyo-Ken to absorb #18.
Cell goes in for the kill, ready to finish off Vegeta, when all of a sudden, Gohan steps in to protect Cell.
I think this one is pretty self explinatory. :P

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:29 am

Zackarotto wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Also, if anyone knows who voiced him in the Japanese version, it'd be appreciated.
Kouji Totani, apparently.
Yes.... a bit of a Necro Post.... I know... but one with good reason... according to the credits in my Budokai 1 instruction booklet (Pal Version) Kuwi is played by Kenji Totani... Just don't want ya spreading misinformation Mike ^^

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:07 am

IMDB brings up no "Kenji Totani," but brings up a "Kôji Totani" that's done plenty of DB-related roles.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:IMDB brings up no "Kenji Totani," but brings up a "Kôji Totani" that's done plenty of DB-related roles.
Yep. Aoni's page also lists him as Kouji Totani:
http://www.aoni.co.jp/talent/0496543.html

Interestingly enough, it also says that the person weve' been calling Yukinori Hori all these years is actually Yukitoshi :? :
http://www.aoni.co.jp/talent/0075644.html
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:01 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote: Interestingly enough, it also says that the person weve' been calling Yukinori Hori all these years is actually Yukitoshi :? :
http://www.aoni.co.jp/talent/0075644.html
Dotoria?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:18 pm

Adamant wrote:Dotoria?
Point taken. But since this is the guy's voice-acting agency, I don't think they would go and mess up his real name like that...

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Ok ^^; sorry for the disturbance, but when the name on the sites different to the name in your instruction booklet it's always good to check, then again of course theres no real point in trusting anything that subs Vegeta as saying "Oh you aunt sallies!" either is there? XD

Mighty Gojira

Post by Mighty Gojira » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:17 am

I figured I should point out any typos and/or errors I've come across.

1) In the Kewi article you have written "Vegeta will have to part of this deal". I'm willing to bet you meant "no".

2) In the Trunks article: "As Trunks coldy rejecting the offer.." this is akward and/or bad grammar. I'd suggest "rejects".

3) Also in the Trunks article the character's name is written out as "Krillin". You may want to change this to "Kuririn" just so that there is continuity between articles.

4) I may be mistaken, but I don't think there is such a thing as "rape leaves", at least I hope there isn't. This one was caught in the Nappa article.

5) Another from the write-up on Nappa. "And so the two embark on their yearlong space flight to Earth..." "yearlong" should be two words.

Well, that's all I caught in my reading. I hope this helps out a bit.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:47 pm

Thanks for those. The first three, we'll fix, but the last two aren't (grammatically, at least) mistakes:
Mighty Gojira wrote:4) I may be mistaken, but I don't think there is such a thing as "rape leaves", at least I hope there isn't. This one was caught in the Nappa article.
There are rapeleaves, although they have nothing to do with the act. They are a well-known plant from which canola oil is derived. Although as I understand it now, "Nappa" is probably better derived from the Japanese word "nappa" ("greens"), which in turn is used to refer to Napa, one of several kinds of Chinese cabbage.
5) Another from the write-up on Nappa. "And so the two embark on their yearlong space flight to Earth..." "yearlong" should be two words.
Actually, it might be more appropriate to hyphenate it, but there's nothing explicitly wrong with writing the compound as "yearlong" in American English.