"Dear Fanboys..."

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16300
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:07 am

For the love of God, PLEASE, back to ONLY suggestions for the section.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

IncredibleGuy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:07 pm

Post by IncredibleGuy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:37 pm

"Dragon Ball is NOT a REAL anime"

If these words have ever escaped your mouth, contact me and I will personally send you a gun to shoot yourself in the head with. You can't get anymore real of an anime when the show you're talking about was animated in Japan, and based off a Japanese comic. You're not sounding smart, and you're not passing off any valuable information. You're only feeding the insane beliefs of moron otakus who think jacking off to hentai is one of the most enlightening things on the planet.
Signatures are stupid and I wish there was a way to turn them off
edit- neato

Hikari_dashita
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 am
Location: In the Cat Basket.
Contact:

Post by Hikari_dashita » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:40 am

O.o On the point of the fan fics, I'm surprised no one mensioned this,

Fan Fictions are just that FICTION written by FANS so do not use these to back up your arguments, they have nothing to do with dragonball/z/gt other than the fact they were based on them.


Think that covers my rant, and some fan fiction is good but the insert self into SSJ12 Brolly Vs SSJ11 Goku (i think it was just filler but in one episode when goku is wearing the space suit, his name was spelt Gokuh, meh, should try getting a screen cap.
NEKOJIN =^.^=

Nekojin =^.^=

Ya I like cat people so what?

User avatar
Magica
Regular
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:29 pm
Location: WA

Post by Magica » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:49 pm

Having 5 or more top-site buttons on your site does not make your site any better

Reall. I find them to be rather annnoying and a waste of space. It's also just a lame way to get hits anyway. And it's also lame when you force people to vote for your site when you have what you claim 'full episodes' when they're a bnch of dead links. That's just plain cheating.

oponok
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 5:02 pm
Location: I... I don't even know anymore...
Contact:

Post by oponok » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:44 pm

Here's one if it hasn't been already said...

"Do not create information and use it as a fact to fit your arguments."

For example, you shouldn't say Vegeta went Super Saiyan 2 before the whole Babidi thing in an argument like its valid information. Athough no one could prove he DIDN'T, since he never participated in a real fight until after being possessed, it's just NEVER mentioned. Thus, we should probably either ignore it entirely or just say he first reached it or first transformed in public upon possession and leave it at that. No one knows the answers to this and many other Dragonball questions, and chances are if you're in a discussion where something like this comes up, it's not a discussion WORTH having, anyway.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

User avatar
Akira
Regular
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Post by Akira » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:02 pm

How about...

Don't say Dragonball Sucked if you never watched the final three sagas of it

I can't tell you how many people say this to me that they love DBZ but hate Dragonball. Yet they only watched the Pilaf saga after watching DBZ and never gave the rest of it a chance. I love the later half of Dragonball more than any other part of the three series'.


And on the subject of Vegeta going Super Saiyan 2, I always assumed that his eagerness to fight Dabura in place of Gohan, and the fact that he verbally said that he and Goku both had long since surpassed the slacker Gohan was more than enough evidence to prove that he had already reached Super Saiyan 2. The Majin power up allowed him to reach the same level of power as a Super Saiyan 2 that Goku had and make thier match more even.

I mean hell, if someone said Gotenks never became Super Saiyan 3 until he wanted to escape from the Room of Spirit and Time you'd say that was bogus because they talked about thier "new Super Saiyan thingy" before Buu came into the room. You know they had to have already done it once before then during the training.

Some things are just common sense. Seven years went by, Gohan was an obstacle over Vegeta. You think he allowed that much time to go by and didn't even try to train and surpass the lad? He even claims that he had surpassed Gohan. I think it is and has always been obvious that he was already a Super Saiyan 2 before hand, but perhaps not much stronger than Gohan had been against Cell and thus why he allowed Babidi to control him to gain power enough to challenge Goku. I think the real arguement ought to be on someone to prove he wasn't. This is because there is sufficient evidence of verbal declarations and past history of likely character behaivor to more than justify such a claim of already being a Super Saiyan 2.

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:03 pm

I don't think anybody said this one but:

Do not insult DBGT just because it's plot doesn't resemble DBZ.

So what if there wasn't a lot of action in it? So what if it was short? DBGT was one of the more contriversal shows of DB just because people didn't like the plot and couldn't deal with change. Dragon Ball GT was made to throw together Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Saying DBGT was the crappiest series out of all the 3 series doesn't make you a better fan.
Last edited by ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI on Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Until we meet again guys!"-Goku

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16300
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:24 pm

ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI wrote:Do not diss on DBGT just because it's plot doesn't resemble DBZ.
Do not insult DBGT just because its plot does not resemble DBZ's.
ZFIGHTER_CHI CHI wrote:So what if it wasn't a lot of action in it.
So what if there was not a lot of action in it.

And so on, and so forth :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2876
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Wakusei Bejeeter

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote: So what if there was not a lot of action in it.
Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end? :lol:
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:36 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: So what if there was not a lot of action in it.
Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end? :lol:
Dayspring wrote:PWN3D111111
Owned.

:P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
Mattias
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Contact:

Post by Mattias » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:12 am

Throwing in random Japanese words to show off your fandom doesn't make you "cool".

Has anybody else encountered this? At times when reading through certain sites, the webmaster/webmistress would sometimes throw in comments such as "That is so kawaii!" and/or "He is such a baka!" and even "[Insert Company Here] are all a bunch of bakas!"

So you're learning Japanese, that's cool. For example, I happen to speak French. It wouldn't make aucune sense if I suddenly just started to jeter quelques mots clés dans la phrase, since nobody would know what the hell I was talking about. Not to mention it makes me look rather stupid and condescending. Not to mention that if you actually don't know Japanese, and only those select words, that just makes you look even more ridiculous. Ne soyez pas un imbécile!

(Translation for our English-only audience:
aucune sense = any sense;
jeter quelques mots clés dans la phrase = to throw some keywords in the sentence;
Ne soyez pas un imbécile! = Don't be a fool!)
Last edited by Mattias on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:29 am

Mattias wrote:Throwing in random Japanese words to show off your fandom doesn't make you "cool".
Word.

User avatar
veshira
Regular
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Jersey, US
Contact:

Post by veshira » Sun May 01, 2005 11:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No, I understand completely... remember, I'm coming from the same exact type of community (anime music videos); there's plenty of people that can create an absolutely outstanding video, just as there are 500% more who can't throw something together worth shit.
I actually think that's a good suggestion, putting something like "Stop making so many Vegeta and Trunks music videos with Crawling! It's been done already one thousand fold!" Is it just me, or should 90-98% music videos with rap music be re-done, or left in a cold little folder on your harddrive never to be found or uploaded to the internet EVER?! o___o;
MajinVejitaXV wrote:An otaku is looked down upon as someone who has no life whatsoever. I mean, have you seen Sailor Bacon?
Ahh, Sailor Bacon pictures are funny, though. :lol:

[edit: May 2nd] Actually, I was holding off on suggesting this, since it's obvious, but now that I've seen today's update. . .

There is no Dragon Ball AF.
Your fake episodes list does not trill us. Your PaintShopPro'ed SSJ4 Gotenks does not impress us. We don't care if Piccolo and Yamcha fuse. It's over. Just stop.

@o@;
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Blastero
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:59 pm

...

Post by Blastero » Sun May 29, 2005 3:54 pm

8)
Last edited by Blastero on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: someplace...

Post by Domon » Sun May 29, 2005 5:55 pm

You don't have the right to say this.

Actually, they do.

You just don't like how "they" go on and on about it. :P

User avatar
SpaceKappa
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun May 29, 2005 6:14 pm

Plus it was more than just censored blood that made it a bad dub. :)

User avatar
laserkid
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:37 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Post by laserkid » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:53 pm

I think what Blastero was trying to say there is that being one who owns FUNimation DVDs does not make one an "inferior" fan to those who have Dragonboxes or anything else. Everyone's free to their opinion but hating on others who experience the show diffrently (assuming its still done legally and not stolen), then it really shouldn't matter HOW you enjoyed it. At least thats my take on the same idea.
-Laserkid

User avatar
SpaceKappa
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:10 pm

I know it's not true for every case, so don't assault me, but most of the time when someone says "The dub is more than we could have hoped for," they weren't fans of the show until the dub came out anyway.

User avatar
laserkid
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:37 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Post by laserkid » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:18 pm

I actually am a dub inductee myself and I don't say that.

I WILL say that about Dragon BALL the second dub (or wsa it third, considering the Harmony Gold dub...) - the background music and the very well done acting with minimal edits in that dub WAS better then I'd hoped for.

As for DBZ/GT in terms of generating popularity its better then it should be but in terms of quality, I'm with you on that one :P
-Laserkid

User avatar
SpaceKappa
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:29 pm

No, I meant people who say that are usually people who saw the dub first, not that people who saw the dub first say that. It's like a "square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square" thing. :P

Locked