Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Demon Prince Piccolo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.


User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15128
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:58 am

A main visual reveal makes sense. I think they're saving their first big trailer for Jump Festa.

I haven't thought much about the movie since the initial panel about it, but I like that they're taking risks (or at least it looks like they are by what we know atm).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

User avatar
Gt91
Regular
Posts: 562
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Gt91 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:58 am
A main visual reveal makes sense. I think they're saving their first big trailer for Jump Festa.

I haven't thought much about the movie since the initial panel about it, but I like that they're taking risks (or at least it looks like they are by what we know atm).
I agree, probably more artworks (hopefully Trunks and Goten) and stuff like that.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2698
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Any chance they'll reveal the colours of Vegeta's new form, even though it has nothing to do with the movie?

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty, cozy here...
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm
Any chance they'll reveal the colours of Vegeta's new form, even though it has nothing to do with the movie?
I doubt they’ll show that at this upcoming event. We’ll most likely see it in colour on a volume artwork once those chapters that include Vegeta’s new form have been released in a tankōbon.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:39 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 pm
There’s going to be a panel at New York Comic Con on the 7th of October discussing the movie. Crossing my fingers for a main visual reveal.
And you can even pose your questions about the movie on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_official_ ... 7556176897

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5500
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Skar
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Skar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm
Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty, cozy here...
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Skar wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.
Nothing's been confirmed there as of yet as far as I'm aware, there's just fan speculation and assumptions. Actually, I hope someone sent them a question about the timeline on that Q&A Twitter thing they set up, because it'd be nice to know.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (On hiatus, might get cancelled.)
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link

User avatar
Skar
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: US

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Skar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:43 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm
Nothing's been confirmed there as of yet as far as I'm aware, there's just fan speculation and assumptions. Actually, I hope someone sent them a question about the timeline on that Q&A Twitter thing they set up, because it'd be nice to know.
I hope so! We'll have a better idea once more character sheets or a trailer is released like if Uub appears or if Goten and Trunks look a little older but not as old as in EoZ. The short teaser had Goku is his usual gi so I assumed it took place before EoZ although that could be to avoid spoilers I guess. I think Toriyama would want to "bridge the gap" between Super and EoZ before jumping ahead assuming he ever changed his mind about going past it.

User avatar
Demon Prince Piccolo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Skar wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm
Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.
I guess it hasn't been definitively stated. I was just assuming it was based on Pan's appearance; she looks older than EoZ imho. Hopefully we find out, soon.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

User avatar
Mr_CINDER
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:36 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Mr_CINDER » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 pm
Skar wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm
Maybe it's too much to hope for, but I'm hoping for a meaningful role for Piccolo (my favorite character, shocker), as well as seriously establishing future generation characters like Pan, Goten, and Trunks. It's pretty exciting to me that Super Hero is post-EoZ.
Was it confirmed to take place after EoZ? I thought it might be either in Age 783 or 784 but before the last tournament.
I guess it hasn't been definitively stated. I was just assuming it was based on Pan's appearance; she looks older than EoZ imho. Hopefully we find out, soon.
Well i hope that we will be getting the trailer for the movie in next month NYCC

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
Where did they say it'll be CGI?

MeMeDZEHH
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by MeMeDZEHH » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm

sangofe wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
Where did they say it'll be CGI?
The trailer is litteraly CG

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 am

MeMeDZEHH wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm
sangofe wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.
Where did they say it'll be CGI?
The trailer is litteraly CG
That hopping Goku that's a place holder, or did I miss something?

ObnoxiousNamek
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.

The reason why those shows look as great as they do is because they have a top notch animation schedule and most of the ppl behind super & broly are working on it. My gripe is that they say they have no staff. You mean to tell me Toei can’t spare a couple of animators for 1 Dragonball movie yet the new Slam Dunk coming out around the same time is gonna be 2-d animated.

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm

sangofe wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 am
MeMeDZEHH wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm
sangofe wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 am


Where did they say it'll be CGI?
The trailer is litteraly CG
That hopping Goku that's a place holder, or did I miss something?
The clip of Goku isnt actually from the movie, but they said that's what the movie will look like. Also the character designs they revealed were CG models as well. I'm hoping they at least update the animation with hair and clothing physics, because that clip of Goku was pretty rough looking.

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here
Posts: 2090
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:10 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.

The reason why those shows look as great as they do is because they have a top notch animation schedule and most of the ppl behind super & broly are working on it. My gripe is that they say they have no staff. You mean to tell me Toei can’t spare a couple of animators for 1 Dragonball movie yet the new Slam Dunk coming out around the same time is gonna be 2-d animated.
I don't think they're making it CG because they don't have animators to spare, but because they think this is a new and fresh style that people will like. I think they're wrong and would have preferred the same style animation from Broly, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns out nice.

ObnoxiousNamek
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:15 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:10 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Not really feeling this movie since they said it will be CGI and on a lighter tone. Seeing the weekly 2D output that One Piece and Dragon Quest Dai are having doesn't help either. I need to see a trailer to have a better idea of what we're getting.

The reason why those shows look as great as they do is because they have a top notch animation schedule and most of the ppl behind super & broly are working on it. My gripe is that they say they have no staff. You mean to tell me Toei can’t spare a couple of animators for 1 Dragonball movie yet the new Slam Dunk coming out around the same time is gonna be 2-d animated.
I don't think they're making it CG because they don't have animators to spare, but because they think this is a new and fresh style that people will like. I think they're wrong and would have preferred the same style animation from Broly, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it turns out nice.
You know i wish Iyoku/Shuiesha/Toei or whoever is running the Dragon ball franchise ship would try to keep their hands on the pulse of what the fandom would like to see not talking crazy crap like ssj4 blue goku & etc. I also hope this looks amazing but I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

Post Reply