Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Jinto » Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 am

Apart from the secret villain, the biggest mysteries in this movie is Broly presence on Beerus's planet.
We know that Whis asked Goku and Vegeta before if they wanted to become GoD so what if he asks it seriously this time ?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri May 27, 2022 11:54 am

So that trailer was one of three that will be released over the next three weeks leading into the film’s release. I’m glad that we’re finally seeing new stuff in the trailers but I hope they don’t reveal too much.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri May 27, 2022 12:01 pm

OK. This trailer is making me nervous about Piccolo being weak as shit.

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Fri May 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Would be a big surprise if Piccolo is the one who wins the fight and not Gohan... (But i highly doubt it)
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Fri May 27, 2022 12:39 pm

Speaking of awakenings.

That's all well and good, but damn... How much can you get excited about Gohan awakening the same form again xD.

1. Buu saga
Gohan achieved the Ultimate state after performing the kaioshin ritual
2. Gohan awakened Ultimate after training with Piccolo, in preparation for the power tournament.
3. Gohan once again awakens Ultimate for the theatrical movie.

Meanwhile Goku and Vegeta get god, Blue and other instincts, Toriyama and whoever else shove this Mystic up their nose. It's outdated and overdone, there's nothing exciting about it anymore and it certainly doesn't provide Gohan with the power to reach Goku, Vegeta let alone Broly. Wow, but it's exciting that Gohan once again awakens Mystic, are they going to nerf him to ssj level every saga so that at the end he awakens the same form again?

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri May 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:14 am Good to see that they did have another trailer in store like people were saying. I do kinda have to stand by what I said about there probably not being any huge reveals, though, because there weren't any hints to that this time either (except maybe, again, the bursting container full of water). I'm happy to see that Goten and Trunks are gonna do more than just show up as Fat Gotenks, though, at least!
Same here I am happy to see them in action.
At long last this whole Goten and Trunks not being allowed in combat and training has reached an end.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 27, 2022 1:24 pm

What?! Goten and Trunks can fight without fusioning in modern DB?! :shock:

Considering the CGI scenes we've having in the past movies, when they said the movie would CGI I wasn't expecting to look this good. Really like what I saw, despite I was expecting them to have revealed the theme song by now.

I don't think if an iconic villain like Cell returned to be the main villain, they would keep it secret until close the release, even though the marketing is lackluster.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 27, 2022 1:25 pm

I'd rather have an actual trailer instead of a TV Spot, but I guess it's alright if that TV Spot is filled with new scenes.

Will we actually get to see Pan fighting? Well, as long as it isn't just a slap on the face like she'll do in two years from now, that'd be good.

So Ultimate has lightnings now? An upgraded form? Just for visual spectacle? Why does Ultimate get to have lightnings when Super Saiyan 2 never appeared with those in any of the movies before?

Will we actually get to see Goten and Trunks fighting? If they get a good fight scene, I can let slide the "fat Gotenks" nonsense that they'll be reduced to inevitably. But hopefully we aren't that far from seeing teenager Gotenks too, a proper teen one.

See the power of marketing, I was completely bummed out and indifferent to this movie as nothing was presented for months, but now I'm slightly hyped again to see it, especially if my questions above (from second and fourth paragraphs) are answered with a "yes".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 27, 2022 1:39 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:25 pm Will we actually get to see Pan fighting?
She'll wreak havoc in RR headquarters because they didn't expect a kid to screw them over.. again.
Maybe slap Magenta in the face too :lol:
Grimlock wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:25 pm Will we actually get to see Goten and Trunks fighting?
I think they'll join in late for the team fight vs final boss because Gohan and Piccolo are visibly damaged while they seem just slightly bruised.

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Fri May 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:39 pm
Grimlock wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:25 pm Will we actually get to see Goten and Trunks fighting?
I think they'll join in late for the team fight vs final boss because Gohan and Piccolo are visibly damaged while they seem just slightly bruised.
This is possible. But it is a bit weired that Gohan goes back to Super Saiyan when fighting the boss, as he already goes Ultimate when fighting Gamma 1

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 pm

A teaser or a mistake?

NEWS: Gohan Has the Power of Gods and Anime on His Side in New Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO Film Trailer

https://twitter.com/dragonballsuper/sta ... 89639.html
Last edited by Gt91 on Fri May 27, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm

Gt91 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 pmNEWS: Gohan Has the Power of Gods and Anime on His Side in New Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO Film Trailer
Super Saiyan Anime confirmed :shock: :shock: :shock:

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri May 27, 2022 2:48 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm
Gt91 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 pmNEWS: Gohan Has the Power of Gods and Anime on His Side in New Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO Film Trailer
Super Saiyan Anime confirmed :shock: :shock: :shock:
He finally attained plot armour!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri May 27, 2022 3:45 pm

He's always had more plot armor then most anime characters ever since Raditz

The most boring character in the series now gets more plot armor!

Actually, that's great way to sell the movie

What will happen when Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks fall by the wayside as Gohan stands alone against a mighty new threat?

Anyway new trailer looks good at least
Last edited by Retan on Fri May 27, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Fri May 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Alkiser wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:39 pm Speaking of awakenings.

That's all well and good, but damn... How much can you get excited about Gohan awakening the same form again xD.

1. Buu saga
Gohan achieved the Ultimate state after performing the kaioshin ritual
2. Gohan awakened Ultimate after training with Piccolo, in preparation for the power tournament.
3. Gohan once again awakens Ultimate for the theatrical movie.

Meanwhile Goku and Vegeta get god, Blue and other instincts, Toriyama and whoever else shove this Mystic up their nose. It's outdated and overdone, there's nothing exciting about it anymore and it certainly doesn't provide Gohan with the power to reach Goku, Vegeta let alone Broly. Wow, but it's exciting that Gohan once again awakens Mystic, are they going to nerf him to ssj level every saga so that at the end he awakens the same form again?
Yeah it's so damn boring... It was bad in the OG series, gave problems in GT, and now it is the auto bring back Gohan to do some stuff FORM.

After it he will lose it again and slack off... Repeat

But hey now Piccolo has it to... And maybe Cell will get back and get rid of the dots.

With this we will have the holy Trinity of Boeing forms

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri May 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Colour me underwhelmed. Gohan is a favourite of mine but I too don't like this continual rehashing of the stagnation to reclaiming his step on the battlefield formula. It's been tried and done three different times now. The interest Gohan showed in bettering his martial ability under the banner and identity of a human back in the Tournament of Power is apparently compromisable for him since the trailers are depicting him transforming into a Super Saiyan. Has he lost his Ultimate power yet again? Admittedly my confidence in Toriyama's ability to stick to a prolonged continuity for certain character developments is waning.

It's refreshing to witness the younger Saiyans and Pan being proactive on the battlefield though I feel the advertisement may be grandstanding the performative quality of their role in the movie. It's probably going to come down to Gohan and Piccolo fighting these two newfangled androids while the suspense of what's going on between Goku, Broly and Beerus on the latter's home planet entices fans to continue watching. I can't see neo Red Ribbon with yet another pair of artificial fighters fighting the B cast offering enough juicy material for fans to get very excited about. Gohan and Piccolo are highly favoured characters, no doubt. But this movie is probably going to have to do a lot to sell itself on its premise.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 27, 2022 5:23 pm

Count me in the camp that is not interested in Gohan having to reawaken his latent power again. It's beyond overdone at this point and makes me think Toriyama just doesn't want Gohan to achieve anything beyond his "Ultimate/Super" Gohan because it's easier to write Gohan that way.

Oh, and the new trailer did nothing for me. The movie still looks like an average cutscene from a game in the early PS4 era.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri May 27, 2022 5:43 pm

While I understand the complaints about repeating the same formula used in the DB Super anime, it should be noted that this plot point was probably conceived before there was any idea of giving Ultimate back to Gohan in ToP and Moro arcs. So, this movie likely operates under the assumption that Gohan merely used his Super Saiyan form until its debut.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri May 27, 2022 5:49 pm

I'm also on the SEEN THIS TOO MANY TIMES TO LET IT PASS train.

It starts to look as coherent as your typical dream. How many times can one person achieve the same state because they've written him to lose it in the first place? is there nowhere to go for Gohan but to repeat the same beat over and over and over again. We have yet to see this, but how can he not end up looking like an idiot that keeps losing his ID and finding it on his back pocket again? Gohan seems to be trapped in a loophole, and not a good one. Why can't we expect for this to happen again in 5 years, or in 2 arcs?

My interest in this movie is based on Big Green, Pan and the more relaxed tone of it. Gohan is one of those cases where it's starting to look like a Simpsons character, one that gets rebooted in every episode and learns the same lesson all over again.

If this ends up being how it looks it'll be, I have no doubt Toriyama will come out unscathed, and somehow it will be Toyo's fault. Or Toei's.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri May 27, 2022 6:07 pm

Maybe I’m just too used to Hollywood trailers, but that trailer was too short and didn’t really tell me anything about the movie, other than that there will apparently be plenty of action.