What would be your reaction if "the strongest in the universe" will be...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

What would be your reaction if "the strongest in the universe" will be...

Post by Geraldo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:34 am

A canonical Dr. Wheelo. :lol: Fitting his movie's title. With him being a human genius who built a rocketship and left Earth 50 years ago (like in the movie), alongside his student, Dr. Kochin, in cariogenic slots, looking to study their secretly discovered Big Gete Star that was orbiting beyond our solar system.

Nowadays the two of them had completed their journey to their destination and after completely merging with it, had managed to grow ridiculously powerful and to gain metallic transformations, but unknowingly to them have started to lose their minds as a result of the parasitic nature of the Big Gete Star which is a spontaneously created lifeform acting like a fungus.

Wheelo had obtained the Cyclopian Guards and other robots Metal-Cooler had as an army in his respective movie and are now on their way to head back to Earth and take over it, with Wheelo's larger power level is a result of a bigger intellect than Kochin's.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: What would be your reaction if "the strongest in the universe" will be...

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am

I'd be flabbergasted. For the idea to work, there'd have to be a passable explanation as to how some machine can boost an ordinary human's power to Black Freeza+ levels: one that far trumps training, potential unlocking, God Ki, power copying, absorption, and a wish on the DBs.
It just seems a little too SDBH-esque for me.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:39 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am For the idea to work, there'd have to be a passable explanation as to how some machine can boost an ordinary human's power to Black Freeza+ levels: one that far trumps training, potential unlocking, God Ki, power copying, absorption, and a wish on the DBs.
In my view it's an omnivore parasitic being, that has a sentient self and which grows more powerful as more as it eats, whether it's organic or inorganic materials that come it's way.

Imagine it moving across the universe for thousands or millions of years and endlessly eating other characters and astroids/floating space rocks and deserted spaceships or debris.

I would not be surprised if it can boost someone it likes to a power needed for that character to become a villain in any given point in time, just like how the Symbiotes in Spider-Man work, but with the exception that once you're possessed/merged, there's no separation available unless a wish by a strong enough dragon is made to undo it. And there's a lesson to be learnt, in case the wish can't separate them: never jump into uncharted territory.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 am I'd be flabbergasted. For the idea to work, there'd have to be a passable explanation as to how some machine can boost an ordinary human's power to Black Freeza+ levels: one that far trumps training, potential unlocking, God Ki, power copying, absorption, and a wish on the DBs.
It just seems a little too SDBH-esque for me.
I mean. #17 exists and he was made in a cave, using scraps. Let's not forget Gamma 1 and 2 (and Cell, kinda). Dragon Ball has done this before.

That being said, I probably would hate for this storyline to happen in present Dragon Ball. Neat idea for a video game though.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:22 am

fleahop wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 amI mean. #17 exists and he was made in a cave, using scraps. Let's not forget Gamma 1 and 2 (and Cell, kinda). Dragon Ball has done this before.

That being said, I probably would hate for this storyline to happen in present Dragon Ball. Neat idea for a video game though.
There's at least has been some context established in that Android technology meant to combat Saiyans has greatly improving over the years as a result of their power ups and gains having been closely monitored. Some machine, one that came about before Goku was born, taking an ordinary Earthling and making him about as close in power to a Hakaishin of Beerus' caliber as one can get is just stretching things a little bit.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:22 am There's at least has been some context established in that Android technology meant to combat Saiyans has greatly improving over the years as a result of their power ups and gains having been closely monitored. Some machine, one that came about before Goku was born, taking an ordinary Earthling and making him about as close in power to a Hakaishin of Beerus' caliber as one can get is just stretching things a little bit.
Android 17 isn't a machine, he's a modified human whose organs and bloodstream "vessels" were replaced by machanic parts to make him more than twice stronger than Frieza was, and that's without knowing Frieza even existed. Not to mention that Android 17 went from this power level to a power level much stronger than Goku and Vegeta in their base forms AFTER training with Whis for over a year by doing nothing but protecting wildlife (allegedly by beating the Cell Jrs. on a daily basis, but he was written weaker than them to start with) just because Akira Toriyama wanted him to star in the Tournament of Power. Which is total bullshit writing.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:59 am

Geraldo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 amWhich is total bullshit writing.
Which is totally why I don't care for the Big Gete Star returning to asspull an old, less popular villain to becoming the universe's strongest fighter. It would just mean that technology >>> other methods of becoming the strongest when it needs to.

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Geraldo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:19 pm

theherodjl wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:59 am
Geraldo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 amWhich is total bullshit writing.
Which is totally why I don't care for the Big Gete Star returning to asspull an old, less popular villain to becoming the universe's strongest fighter. It would just mean that technology >>> other methods of becoming the strongest when it needs to.
In my case, "bullshit writing" referred to the fact Android 17's huge jump in power while being technologically inferior to Perfect Cell, whom he was designed as part of; yet managed to get many times stronger than Perfect Cell by doing a few sit ups, push ups and beating human and alien poachers who aren't even as strong as Raditz, and then proceeded to battling the Cell Jrs. and pummeling them to keep getting stronger. At least Toyotaro called out this shtick and made a lackey like Saganbo break Android 17's might and show off spirit.