"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Noah wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:I could guess a few episodes in the RoF arc would have to be altered/toned down after last night's violence killed 150+ people in Paris. Most example was Freeza destroying North City after his arrival on Earth. Toei might consider altering a few scenes a bit.
What you said would only make sense if that tragedy happened in Japan instead of France.
Its real life. After 9/11 happened, a few Pokemon episodes were removed in sensitivity even an Invader Zim scene shows an entire NYC was destroyed (the ending had to be changed). It happens when tragedy occurs, a few TV shows/movies were altered or edited to show respect.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Its real life. After 9/11 happened, a few Pokemon episodes were removed in sensitivity even an Invader Zim scene shows an entire NYC was destroyed (the ending had to be changed). It happens when tragedy occurs, a few TV shows/movies were altered or edited to show respect.
They were removed only in the US. Japan won't change anything about Super over the attacks.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Ajay wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Its real life. After 9/11 happened, a few Pokemon episodes were removed in sensitivity even an Invader Zim scene shows an entire NYC was destroyed (the ending had to be changed). It happens when tragedy occurs, a few TV shows/movies were altered or edited to show respect.
They were removed only in the US. Japan won't change anything about Super over the attacks.
Add Japan to that. They had an Earthquake/Tsunami recently. So Fuji TV would carry normal programming as usual.

Back on topic, couldn't more of Freeza's men revive Zarbon, Dodoria, and/or Kywi using Polunga on Namek? The revenge would take a year and would have Freeza wished for immortality using the Earth's DBs. As one poster said about Freeza's death in Super, he could have stayed alive and sided with Goku and Vegeta to become one of Universe 7's fighters in the next arc.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:07 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Couldn't more of Freeza's men revive Zarbon, Dodoria, and/or Kywi using Polunga on Namek?
They couldn't find new Namek.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:12 pm

I live in Saint-Denis, near to the Stade de France. I heard from my place the explosions.
Hopefully, i wasn't there. All my prayers goes to those affected.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:29 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:I could guess a few episodes in the RoF arc would have to be altered/toned down after last night's violence killed 150+ people in Paris. Most example was Freeza destroying North City after his arrival on Earth. Toei might consider altering a few scenes a bit.
No, I don't think they would see any real connection between the awful events in France and the fictionnal events taking place in the Dragon World with Freezer's invasion.
You can understand how a tragedy in Japan itself (and maybe to some extent to the US if it's major, because it's the N°1 international customer and sort of the nation representing the whole world) would impact the content of episodes or prevent their airing on TV.

But I don't think they would take in account what's happening to every single country around, and they likely won't think that someone watching Super would be shocked by its content and see it as unrespectful to the events in France.

My guess is that it is not to be considered related to Dragon Ball and will have no impact on the current series.
It would really take one of the current animes to take place in France with bad guys threatening lives there, that's the only thing that would likely be altered or postponed.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:37 pm

I don't think Freeza is destroying anything on Earth this week, anyway, so it is moot -- he is getting revived this week only.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 pm

irreality wrote:I don't think Freeza is destroying anything on Earth this week, anyway, so it is moot -- he is getting revived this week only.
Yeah. Based on the episode summaries for the upcoming bunch, though Jaco warns us about Freeza in #20, the tyrant won't be arriving on Earth until #21. So that's another two weeks to distance itself from the events, even though it likely wouldn't affect anything anyway.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 pm

It would be really, really stupid if Freeza didn't destroy a city just because of what happened in Paris.
It's a goddamn show. Obviously if Toei had planned Freeza to bring out an AK-47 and shoot people near Eiffel Tower then they will change it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm

emperior wrote:Obviously if Toei had planned Freeza to bring out an AK-47 and shoot people near Eiffel Tower then they will change it.
That would be unexpected, but sadly funny
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Curious about how the next episode's gonna turn out. It's our first writer change in a month.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Chuquita wrote:Curious about how the next episode's gonna turn out. It's our first writer change in a month.
Probably a complete reversal: Whis acting manly, Goku being intelligent, Vegeta crying missing Bulma, Pilaf Gang are killed for good by Sorbet. Who knows...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Noah wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Curious about how the next episode's gonna turn out. It's our first writer change in a month.
Probably a complete reversal: Whis acting manly, Goku being intelligent, Vegeta crying missing Bulma, Pilaf Gang are killed for good by Sorbet. Who knows...
Back from watching it:
It turned out to be a straight forward kind of writing. This was the guy who wrote the previous Pilaf Gang heavy episode (Ep 4).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Chuquita wrote: Back from watching it:
It turned out to be a straight forward kind of writing. This was the guy who wrote the previous Pilaf Gang heavy episode (Ep 4).
And he still didn't bother to write a scene, where Pilaf Gang explain why they are kids. Fire him! :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:57 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Chuquita wrote: Back from watching it:
And he still didn't bother to write a scene, where Pilaf Gang explain why they are kids. Fire him! :lol:
I wish they'd explained it back during the reBOG arc. ^^; They wouldn't have even needed a flashback or anything, just some short couple lines with Mai and Pilaf complaining about how they can't live properly while stuck in child-form and Shuu reusing his line from BOG about how he's happy to be young again because he's a dog after all.

That aside, it got the job done, but it wasn't really interesting writing since it just reused almost beat-for-beat the stuff from F. Even Fukushima for all my torn feelings on his versions of the characters (I really dig cute!Gokû and ultra-in-character!Bulma, but I'm not a fan of overbearing!Chi-Chi and at-times-uncomfortably-goofy!Vegeta) at least pulled an emotional response from me. Makoto Koyama's was so neutral this week I couldn't find anything particularly interesting. ^^;

Next week is Toshi Yoshitaka (The Beerus and Whis episode, the extended Bulma slap episode, that loooong Oolong rock-paper-scissors episode, and the ssjg transformation sequence takes up almost the whole episode ep but at least the nature-weather stuff looked really pretty) and the following week is the return of King Ryû (my current favorite; of Takoyaki Chef Vegeta, VegeBul Vacation, and Gokû getting princess-catched).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 am

What does this picture says, is there any important news or announcement in here?. Help would be appreciated :)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:52 am

According to the Twitter account I assume you lifted that image from, the December issue of V-Jump will release on 12/19 (the same day as Jump Festa). It supposedly contains a "huge" announcement for the franchise...or what counts for the usual overhyped ones that are synonymous with Japan.

Said Twitter account questions if it might be a new movie announcement. Though nothing is obviously said about it being so, or else there wouldn't be a need to question it.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:57 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:According to the twitter account I assume you lifted that image from, the December issue of V-Jump will release on 12/19 (the same day as Jump Festa). It supposedly contains a "huge" announcement for the franchise...or what counts for the usual overhyped ones that are synonymous with Japan.

Said Twitter account questions if it might be a new movie announcement.
If it's a new movie then it would definitely help to explain the relative absence of Series Director Chioka Kimitoshi.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:59 am

If it's a movie, I hope it's not just the same plot as Uni 6. Having doubles of BOG and F is enough. ^^;

Other stuff from what I can tell (I think) :

-Yellow box is animanga of the F movie.

-Blue to the left is advertising how to get (I think) limited editions of those toys.

-Red is about the manga's "speed-up" into the Uni 6 arc.

-Covering Gokû's arm looks to just be advertising Super and what day/time it airs on TV.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:02 am

I hope it's a new game, and if it is a new movie I hope at least that it's a side story, I'll be super disappointed if Universe 6 is also a movie.