"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by ssj_duelist » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:59 am

Woah looking interesting, so we all predicted Monaka versus Hit would be the final fight, but it's possibly Monaka versus Champa.

Monaka is Beerus' strongest opponent, and we know Beerus is slightly stronger than Champa so things could get risky.

As for people not thinking Hit would be fearful of Champa, you're wrong, based on predictions of HIt's strength people seem to think Hit is stronger than Champa, but this is likely far from true. Hit is to Champa that Goku is to Beerus. He's not going down in 1 shot, but we isn't God level on his own yet.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 am

Maybe SSGSS KK engulfs Goku in a white Aura?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:28 am

alakazam^ wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Vegeta never went Super Saiyan Blue so was never in real trouble and Vegeta would not lose until the audience sees Super Saiyan Blue.
Vegeta could lose because Goku was still in the tournament and could showcase Blue.

You really need to deal with whatever you haven't dealt with yet. You're being such a sore loser :/
Sore loser about what, I think the way the fights went were bad and there was no tension and that is all.
buutenks wrote:This means that goku could have used ssj with kk.
That is why it makes no sense, it is just stupid if it just comes out of nowhere.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:59 am

Never knew the Pikkon tourney was non-canon. Always thought that was a cool story, loved his crazy special with the slow stance and fire, wish we'd of gotten some more cool looking attacks like that in this tourney. (Other than Hits new time-skip punching which does sound pretty cool.)
Curious who stops Champa, obvious choice is Monaka but I still have a feeling he's a fake.
Also curious about the impending Future Trunks arrival. Did Beerus come to his earth looking for a SSG? Being he's the only fighter left in his timeline I'm also hoping he's Goku/Vegeta level. Maybe since there's not 5 SAIYANS for the God ritual in his timeline he found a different way to power-up.
A lot of cool stuff on the horizon I think.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:03 am

Assuming it works like it did in the Pikkon fight, stacking Kaio-Ken and SS isn't really any different from just using a big charged ki attack. It enhances the user's power by a non-ridiculous amount (Pikkon shrugged off that punch, after all) and lets them unleash an attack far beyond their usual capabilities, at the cost of gassing them out in about five seconds.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:13 am

so blue goku mixing red kaioken = purple aura

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 am

Well it could be that Goku just recently found a way to use ssjb+kaioken simultaneously. Him and Vegeta trained for 3years, I doubt nothing would come out of that.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:33 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Well it could be that Goku just recently found a way to use ssjb+kaioken simultaneously. Him and Vegeta trained for 3years, I doubt nothing would come out of that.
I think Goku could use a kind of different Kaioken. I can imagine this:

- Goku's SSJB Ki = 5.000.000.000.000
- Vegeta's SSJB Ki = 5.000.000.000.000 (I think they are at same level at this point)
- Hitto's Ki = 5.100.000.000.000 (I little more over power SSJB)
- Beerus's Ki = 6.000.000.000.000 (arround 20% more power than SSJB)
Those numbers are only my imagination. Only to have an idea.

If Goku can use SSJB + Kaioken 1,1x, he can get 1,1 x 5.000.000.000.000. So, Goku SSJB + Kaioken = 5.500.000.000.000. It's far enough to overpower Hitto (to avoid Hit's technique) and can't reach Beerus's Power.
I don't think a 2x Kaioken would be possible at this moment. It would be insane(overpower Beerus and - possible - even Whis) and he would be dead. So a 1,1x Kaioken is possible. We will see.

First post! Sorry if i did something wrong or my bad english! :D
Vados Sama!

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:02 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Whipped this up real quick, what one would you guys prefer for Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken?
Uhh... Is it just me or is the image gone? :?

Weird... It was just there a bit ago. :|

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:26 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Whipped this up real quick, what one would you guys prefer for Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken?
6 wins hands down, 1 I guess would be the runner up. Everything else looks too bright and washed out IMO.

I'm a bit disappointed in how things are turning out honestly. I was hoping for a U7 loss and earth to move to U6. Lots of new material and potential storylines to work with if that happened. The teaser about the 'future of a certain somebody' isn't that appealing to me but we'll see where it goes.

I sort of have mixed feelings about Goku taking the win against Hit. On one hand, I think Goku is being portrayed as too much of an idiot in Super so I think he's overdue for a good solid win. But on the other hand, his win means Goku and Vegeta destroyed every opponent in the tournament. I'm not really one of the people crying about this being the Goku & Vegeta show (because honestly I don't really care most of the time) but this tournament was lazy. I would have preferred a more traditional tourney with set matches and breaks in-between for the fighters. More intelligent/strategic fighting. More fighters. I was hoping to see Nips fight at some point (and not just against Champa because he's a poor loser).

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:31 am

Vynak wrote:
6 wins hands down, 1 I guess would be the runner up. Everything else looks too bright and washed out IMO.

I'm a bit disappointed in how things are turning out honestly. I was hoping for a U7 loss and earth to move to U6. Lots of new material and potential storylines to work with if that happened. The teaser about the 'future of a certain somebody' isn't that appealing to me but we'll see where it goes.

I sort of have mixed feelings about Goku taking the win against Hit. On one hand, I think Goku is being portrayed as too much of an idiot in Super so I think he's overdue for a good solid win. But on the other hand, his win means Goku and Vegeta destroyed every opponent in the tournament. I'm not really one of the people crying about this being the Goku & Vegeta show (because honestly I don't really care most of the time) but this tournament was lazy. I would have preferred a more traditional tourney with set matches and breaks in-between for the fighters. More intelligent/strategic fighting. More fighters. I was hoping to see Nips fight at some point (and not just against Champa because he's a poor loser).
You just said you aren't one of the people to complain about it being the Goku and Vegeta show, but then proceeded to complain about it being the Goku and Vegeta show.

Stick to one side or the other, man. :L

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:47 am

TekTheNinja wrote: You just said you aren't one of the people to complain about it being the Goku and Vegeta show, but then proceeded to complain about it being the Goku and Vegeta show.

Stick to one side or the other, man. :L
It's less about the characters and more about the tournament in this case. I REALLY like tournament arcs and always wanted a Z one so I was pretty hype about this one. I'm also a huge Vegeta fan (hence why I don't generally care that Super is the Goku & Vegeta show). But I will be the first to admit that 2 out of 3 of Vegeta's fights weren't even real fights, just fanservice (which I did enjoy but still). Goku's fights weren't that great either. Piccolo had a decent fight but his opponent cheated. I just want a real tournament with solid fighting and strategies.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Herms wrote: Ep.40: “The Conclusion” (provisional title) April 24th
Scenario: King Ryu, Storyboard/Director/Animation Supervisor: undetermined
The tournament against Universe 6 for the fate of the Earth has finally come to a close. Furious at Hit and his teammates for losing, Champa tries to destroy them. As Cabba and the others are frozen in terror, someone enters the ring…
(...)
That being said finally a match that we have no freaking clue who wins, will it be Goku or Hit? will Goku lose thus Monaka being the one to beat Hit or will Goku be the one to beat him?
Goku beats Hit. Non-Saiyan either don't fight in this tournament (Buu/Monaka) or get humiliated (Piccolo).
It was 2 vs 5 since the beginning. Misleading promotion.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm

sintzu wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:So U6 loses? I remember a lot of people was expecting U7 to lose.
The majority of expectations turned out to be wrong.
People was expecting Goku to lose like he did in the past tournaments. Not to mention Toriyama probably wanted us to think that Goku would lose, but didn't.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:11 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I would like it if they stop trying to treat the openings and endings as something different with showing off a big cast, and instead just cut to what we're really getting. The most accurate part was Goku and Vegeta's aura's covering everyone else. Which is unintentionally really funny.
That was one of the best things said in this forum in a while, I mean is so annoying that Super tries to delivery such a false message do such with endings showing a lot of characters like they could be revelant again, I mean we all know that they won't.

As for the titles, so disappointed that was somewhat like what I predicted:
Noah wrote:...but I know what they're trying to do, maybe with the match between Vegeta and Hit, Goku detects something that could help him while fighting Hit in his turn, just like Golden Freeza but in reverse!
I was really expecting a final match between Monaka and Hit, but if is confirmed that Monaka is the one who enters in the ring, so I'll be glad that we'll finally see him in action.
Last edited by Noah on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: People was expecting Goku to lose like he did in the past tournaments. Not to mention Toriyama probably wanted us to think that Goku would lose, but didn't.
Some people were expecting the tournament to get interrupted too and no one thought Buu and Monaka wouldn't even fight.
In the end Toriyama trolled everyone in a way or another, because no one saw all of this coming. Give him the trophy.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Nothing is confirmed, we just hope its him, hes the only one who can save this arc from being Goku and Vegeta show.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Goku beats Hit. Non-Saiyan either don't fight in this tournament (Buu/Monaka) or get humiliated (Piccolo).
It was 2 vs 5 since the beginning. Misleading promotion.
Well at least in the anime Piccolo has one of the best fights of the tournament.

Toei cared and respected him. Toriyama simply didn't.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telamon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Telamon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:22 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I think Monaka will be the villain on this one.Hit will escape with the cube.Beerus,Goku,Vegeta and co. will team up to take him down,
Hasnt Toriyama said in the interview that he postpooned super saiyan white due to clashing colors? Monaka is very very pink :D Although the evidence does suggest Monaka will go bad though, hard to chew on this all!

This leads me to believe the new enemy will have a largely white flavor on him, and the only ones that have white hair or white influences are whis and vados, but while Vados acts a tad strange i really doubt she`s gonna be evil. On that V-jump cover you linked, who is that white haired saiyan look-a-like behind that DQM 3 badge? Part of DBS or totally different series? I don`t watch anime a lot.

All in all, i believe the villain that is going to enter to stage will be something entirely new, i suspect some rogue god of destruction/attendant like guy from a whole different universe, like universe 3 or 9 or something that was secretly present the whole time and overheard what the super dragonballs can do, and of course tries to kill everyone so that he can get them.
"Where is Super Sayan 3 against Beerus on the boat/pool party?" -WiseGuy

Telamon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Telamon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:35 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'm not sure it's worth whipping up possible colors for the "new" technique. It's been described as the seal on it being broken when Goku uses it. What if that means he's perfected it, and it loses its side effects and is no longer red or something?
It took a few seconds to do each one. I think it's fun to speculate what it might look like.
They look great to be honest, but i think goku is simply gonna keep his original blue hair with a red aura :D
"Where is Super Sayan 3 against Beerus on the boat/pool party?" -WiseGuy