"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Sorry if this was already discussed, but what if the rumor of the 'white-haired villain' turns out to be Vados?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:00 pm

I partly wonder if they didn't mean Freeza. They said white, but not white-haired. If it was talking about why bluper is blue, wouldn't that have been the relevant arc? If not Freeza, then why would they need to change from white to blue there, design wise? I could be wrong.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Chuquita wrote:I partly wonder if they didn't mean Freeza. They said white, but not white-haired. If it was talking about why bluper is blue, wouldn't that have been the relevant arc? If not Freeza, then why would they need to change from white to blue there, design wise? I could be wrong.
I completely agree. But as others have noted before, including myself and Herms, Toriyama does phrase it weird. Resurrection F has already been released, the anime adaptation of the arc had probably started by the point the interview was conducted. So it begs the question that if he meant Freeza, why not just say Freeza?

Also, he didn't just do the designs for the film, he wrote the whole script. Surely he would know that there's not really a lot of overlap for clashing colors of a white-haired Super Saiyan when Freeza's going gold... (Though the irony of the color swap for Saiyans becoming white and Freeza going gold would have been hilarious.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:29 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I partly wonder if they didn't mean Freeza. They said white, but not white-haired. If it was talking about why bluper is blue, wouldn't that have been the relevant arc? If not Freeza, then why would they need to change from white to blue there, design wise? I could be wrong.
I completely agree. But as others have noted before, including myself and Herms, Toriyama does phrase it weird. Resurrection F has already been released, the anime adaptation of the arc had probably started by the point the interview was conducted. So it begs the question that if he meant Freeza, why not just say Freeza?

Also, he didn't just do the designs for the film, he wrote the whole script. Surely he would know that there's not really a lot of overlap for clashing colors of a white-haired Super Saiyan when Freeza's going gold... (Though the irony of the color swap for Saiyans becoming white and Freeza going gold would have been hilarious.)
Yeah one of my first thoughts was that he meant Freeza as well. It's strange. I've just been suspicious of Vados since her introduction and this ambiguous quote just has me thinking it might be her, if anyone.

DranzerX13

Post by DranzerX13 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:22 pm

Do think episode 39 will be delayed till next week? ANN has confirmed that Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Assassination Classroom S2, Sinbad animes ep for the week will be delayed to next week due to the news coverage of the Earthquake in Kumamoto prefecture.
All 3 of those anime air on Friday's... hopefully DB Super's 39 doesn't get delayed.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:30 pm

DranzerX13 wrote:Do think episode 39 will be delayed till next week? ANN has confirmed that Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Assassination Classroom S2, Sinbad animes ep for the week will be delayed to next week due to the news coverage of the Earthquake in Kumamoto prefecture.
All 3 of those anime air on Friday's... hopefully DB Super's 39 doesn't get delayed.
It's possible and we should be prepared for it. It would be a delay for a justified reason - people have died.

It's also worth pointing out that the Kumamoto quake is been the strongest since the Tohoku earthquake in 2011, so there's more of a heightened sensitivity around it than usual in Japan.

The Japanese pride themselves on their resilience and their ability to function as close to normal as possible following setbacks - but with something so horrible still so recent in the memory, it's a whole different story.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Godgoku95 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:11 pm

i would end super due to earthquake

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:16 pm

Maybe it's just the violent shows that are getting put on hold? ANN said Haven't you Heard, I'm Sakamoto and Shounen Maid are still airing despite the earthquake.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:22 pm

I doubt kids slot(Dragon ball super) will show news coverage of earthquake.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Godgoku95 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:29 pm

dragon ball super could be cancelled and be kAi all over again

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Sodhi wrote:I doubt kids slot(Dragon ball super) will show news coverage of earthquake.
You'd be surprised. There were plenty of times back in my own childhood when Saturday morning cartoons would get co-opted in favor of some striking news that needed to be reported on. I vividly remember one time Looney Tunes got interrupted for a report from Clinton about one of our planes going over someone else's air space, or vice versa.

Regardless, while I do hope we still get an episode this weekend, I hope even more so that the injury and death toll from the recent earthquake isn't too high, and that everyone affected by it is able to recover swiftly.
Godgoku95 wrote:dragon ball super could be cancelled and be kAi all over again
How one feels about Super should be irrelevant in the light of the damages in Japan right now. Way not the time for that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Is there an actual possibility of super being cancelled because of the earthquake?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 pm

kinisking wrote:Is there an actual possibility of super being cancelled because of the earthquake?
Of course not, Kai was already scheduled to be cancelled after ep98 but due to the earthquake it didn't air the next week cause a new show was already scheduled for that week.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:37 pm

kinisking wrote:Is there an actual possibility of super being cancelled because of the earthquake?
I dont think so, unless it happened right at the moment while super was airing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Sodhi wrote:I doubt kids slot(Dragon ball super) will show news coverage of earthquake.
It might if they get another big one like they did in 2011 which hopefully won't happen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Fuji TV is currently airing its scheduled programming, so I wouldn't expect a delay.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:44 pm

It just happened to One Piece a few weeks ago, an episode was interrupted and delayed thanks to an earthquake that had just happened.

There's more than 24 hours until DBS, so it probably won't be delayed, though, unless something else newsworthy happens till there.

Chuquita wrote:Maybe it's just the violent shows that are getting put on hold? ANN said Haven't you Heard, I'm Sakamoto and Shounen Maid are still airing despite the earthquake.
That has nothing to do with it. Those shows aired/will air because they have multiple stations airing them at different timeslots, so missing a couple didn't affect them. Which is not the case of Kabaneri, AssClass and DBS, all big Fuji tv shows.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:50 pm

From what i can remember, one piece episode was interrupted a few weeks ago because of missile launch by north korea, and it was happening right at that moment.I dont remember it being anything to do with an earthquake. Yea but if it happened right at the moment as i have said above then they will switch to news broadcast.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie

Post by Godgoku95 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:12 pm

I wasn't aware about the missile

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

Yeah one of my first thoughts was that he meant Freeza as well. It's strange. I've just been suspicious of Vados since her introduction and this ambiguous quote just has me thinking it might be her, if anyone.
I've been stating the same thing in the Champa arc villain thread for the longest time. It's possible, lets wait and see :)