"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 07, 2016 11:30 am

It looks like a crap next 4 weeks. I can only look forward to episodes that do not have a Goku or Vegeta fight as there have been to many.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sat May 07, 2016 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 11:36 am

Only one I'm not looking forward to is the Trunks and Goten one (44). The rest I'm good with.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 07, 2016 11:37 am

Chuquita wrote:Only one I'm not looking forward to is the Trunks and Goten one (44). The rest I'm good with.
Episode 44, 45 and 46 are all connected though.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 11:38 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Only one I'm not looking forward to is the Trunks and Goten one (44). The rest I'm good with.
True, but 44 looks like it focuses on only Trunks and Goten. At least Vegeta is in 45. 46 has no summary yet.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat May 07, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 07, 2016 11:39 am

Sodhi wrote:This is a good news for the manga. Looks like we may not get first real episode of the next arc until june 12th or later. Manga should jump right into the next arc in june.
I'm betting we don't get the next real arc until July, alongside a new OP.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat May 07, 2016 11:51 am

B wrote:Why would Earth/The Dragon World have interplanetary delivery, like Futurama? (I haven't been watching; sorry if this readily apparent)
Monaka wasn't servicing Earth for the concerns you may have, he's going off to another planet from what I assume to be a detour.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat May 07, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm looking forward to goten and trunks. Will be nice to have the focus of the show on being someone else besides for goku and vegeta. Although of course they have to get involved in the end anyways lol. If gohan doesn't get decent screen time in episode 34 I'll be pissed
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 07, 2016 1:07 pm

I'll only look forward to Son Goten and Trunks if they appear taller. This is likely the last chance to correct this problem before they engage in a saga.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 1:15 pm

I'd like to see them taller and for Goten to get his EoZ haircut.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat May 07, 2016 1:28 pm

kinisking wrote:I'm looking forward to goten and trunks. Will be nice to have the focus of the show on being someone else besides for goku and vegeta. Although of course they have to get involved in the end anyways lol. If gohan doesn't get decent screen time in episode 34 I'll be pissed
No one else will likely appear in episode 44, the Goten and Trunks bit is a set up for Goku vs Copy Vegeta or basically Goku vs Vegeta or basically more fan service of the wrong kind.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 1:35 pm

I would've liked to have had more sparring in the RoSaT preparing for the Champa tournament when it comes to Gokû and Vegeta fanservice.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Temporarily Banned

Post by Retan » Sat May 07, 2016 1:43 pm

I agree with you Chuquita, this series timing is off, they focus on the the wrong things way too much. And I'm not exactly sure why?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Chuquita wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
True, but 44 looks like it focuses on only Trunks and Goten. At least Vegeta is in 45. 46 has no summary yet.
I'm happy to focus on someone else. The filler episodes were pretty much all Vegeta so far.
Seeing Goten (one of my favorites) on his own little adventure with Trunks sounds like a fun time to me.

Though I'm most excited about episode 43. I can't wait to see Goku with Pan, I loved their relationship in EOZ

omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:50 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:It looks like a crap next 4 weeks. I can only look forward to episodes that do not have a Goku or Vegeta fight as there have been to many.
And that's not going to change anytime soon, my friend. They are here to stay.

As for the upcoming episodes of Super, a few episodes that don't really add much to the overall plot are ideal after this tournament. I personally like to take a couple weeks off Super, then binge watch everything, like I did with the tournament. Since these episodes aren't too important, I may do the same with these next few.
Last edited by omaro34 on Sat May 07, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat May 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Can we expect a change in the opening already. The opening now is literally obsolete with everything in there already shown.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 1:57 pm

My guess for a new opening isn't until after this mini slice of life arc.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sat May 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Theory: The false Monaka is a Soteejin the soteejin heard about Goku and his power and decided to go test out Goku by shap-shifting into Monaka and fighting him... :lol:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'll only look forward to Son Goten and Trunks if they appear taller. This is likely the last chance to correct this problem before they engage in a saga.
If they are to get taller I imagine it will be when the next arc arc starts, not during this.
fexus wrote:Can we expect a change in the opening already. The opening now is literally obsolete with everything in there already shown.
July will be when we likely get a new Opening, which I also suspect will be when the next arc starts.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat May 07, 2016 2:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I'll only look forward to Son Goten and Trunks if they appear taller. This is likely the last chance to correct this problem before they engage in a saga.
If they are to get taller I imagine it will be when the next arc arc starts, not during this.
fexus wrote:Can we expect a change in the opening already. The opening now is literally obsolete with everything in there already shown.
July will be when we likely get a new Opening, which I also suspect will be when the next arc starts.
So we'll get 8 slice of life episodes?
I don't know, seems a bit too many.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm

We haven't had more than 4 or 5 slice of life eps in a row. I think 8 would be surprising.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!