"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vados_chan
Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:34 am

I hope this arc isn't so grim-dark and serious like the android saga was

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 am

Damn Black Goku looks badass as hell. I can't wait for this saga, it's going to be great.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:41 am

I can't wait for this arc to start!
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:41 am

Vados_chan wrote:I hope this arc isn't so grim-dark and serious like the android saga was
sorry man I'm dissagreeing with you there. I'm ready for something a bit more serious and dark most of what we have had has been so light hearted. Pretty much everyone was goofing around at the tournament except for Goku and Hit at the end I want some grit now before we get back to that stuff.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:42 am

Let's hope he is not the only villain as we wont get many fights or other character involved. We will see some footage on sunday due to the preview as well.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:44 am

This looks amazingly ridiculous. I'm very excited. I'd be more excited if we didn't already know about Super's slipshod production, but excited nonetheless.

I was about to say things probably won't line up correctly with Mai -- guessing that they'll maintain that the Pilaf gang just wished themselves young before Piccolo died in Trunks' timeline--before the split, basically--but I guess that wouldn't actually be too far off? If they made their wish within the three year gap between Trunks' arrival and the androids, they could be around seven-ten in the Boo arc, and ... what, like, twelve-ish now? That's not unreasonable, and would put her about even with Trunks.

Okay, so that still doesn't work out with Pan's age at the end of the manga (more time would have to pass between the Boo arc and Beerus' arrival), but, whatever. I'm not expecting it to line up any better than that, and it's not a big deal. Trunk + Mai is such a weird payoff for both of them that it must happen, and it must be fated to happen across timelines.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:01 am

Holy shiz, look at Goku, look at fcking Goku Black! now that is some evil smrik vibe shiz going on in there. HYPE!

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:04 am

Vados_chan wrote:I hope this arc isn't so grim-dark and serious like the android saga was
I'm with ya. That's something I've worried about since we learned Future Trunks was returning. I was hoping he wouldn't bring his super-serious emotional baggage with him. The key visual doesn't inspire much confidence in that though.

If it is, it is however. I won't really be that disappointed. A darker story here and there is alright. I just hope it doesn't dip too much into that Cell arc level of SERIOUS BUSINESS.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:09 am

I want this arc to have some big plot twists cause we haven't really gotten any yet and hopefully there's more to this Goku than him just being an evil version of ours.

With this being an evil Goku than this would be the right time to bring Gohan back into the picture, he doesn't have to be THE main character but I'd like him to be just as important as Goku, Vegeta & Future Trunks.

Piccolo should also play a major role in this.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:10 am

Wait isnt that demigra's kind of potara (green)?

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:14 am

I'm really don't think the earring colour is important at all. We all must know of Toriyama's... unstrict attitude to colouring a design, and clearly Yamamuro's gone nuts by keeping Trunks' hair as blue.
EDIT: Woah, I put 'Potara' there for a sec, even though I've been intentionally avoiding that. I'm not saying it isn't, but I like to be cautious. Potaras weren't always Potaras, yknow.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:19 am

Cant wait for our Goku's reaction after finding out that he's an evil bastard on another timeline :lol:

Edit: just noticed Goku black looks fcking awesome in that outfit, black suits Goku
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:19 am

Ryuman wrote:I'm really don't think the earring colour is important at all. We all must know of Toriyama's... unstrict attitude to colouring a design, and clearly Yamamuro's gone nuts by keeping Trunks' hair as blue.
EDIT: Woah, I put 'Potara' there for a sec, even though I've been intentionally avoiding that. I'm not saying it isn't, but I like to be cautious. Potaras weren't always Potaras, yknow.
Well, Kibitoshin's Potara in Super was still yellow, for all it's worth. It's not like they forgot its color, same for all the Kaioshins' earrings.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:34 am

That picture looks amazing and I get serious Terminator vibes from Trunks and Mai. Goku Black looks really good from what we can see. I can't even think about what the deal with him is, since there's a lot of possibilities. I'm still hoping for Makaioushins :oops:

Fusion's names are in katakana and Gotenks retains "Goten" but having two full names in it? Probably not...

For the Xenoverse crowd, it could still be Burdock with Trunks calling him Goku Black. I wonder if this has something to do with Babidi.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:54 am

Anyone else reminded of a Kaioshin outfit by Black Goku's outfit?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:57 am

Not really, it looks like a regular coat.

Would it be possible that all the descriptions were trolling us and that is little Trunks wearing Bulma's scarf in the future?

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:59 am

Is that all or will there be more?

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:59 am

I kinda already knew that the design wasn't going to be anything vastly different. It is almost same as Tullece except Tullece was more dark in complexion.

My thoughts design is okay nothing to shout about,always hated Mai-Trunks relationship so don't care for it at all and thats about it. Still not at all excited but looking forward to see how Nozawa does Black Gokuu. She was fantastic as Tullece.

- Travis
Last edited by Saikyo no Senshi on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:01 am

So was there any info in Weekly Jump, or is it just the artwork?

UltimateSSJG

Post by UltimateSSJG » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:04 am

Regarding Future Trunks hair colour being blue, Kid Trunks design for Battle of gods was blue and was changed to purple in the movie. It's that or having different hair may distinguish both future and present Trunks.
ImageImage