"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:55 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:I bet Beerus and Whis will reveal his identity somehow. I want to see him fight them!
I'm not sure about Beerus but there's no way Whis will get involved, at least not on a combat level.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:That doesn't mean their won't be fighting. I bet Beerus and Whis will reveal his identity somehow. I want to see him fight them!
Episode 52 sounds like it is more a friendship episode it would make no sense that in the next episode they will fight

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:44 am

A more proper translation for ep51:

Missing Mai across time

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 am

Lujin_16 wrote:A more proper translation for ep51:

Missing Mai across time
Ah so it's gonna be a feels episode

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:05 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:50. Goku vs Black
51. Sth about Mai
52. Gohan and Future Trunks
53. Black’s identity revealed

Apparently this is the brief translation! Not sure what 51 means. 52 sounds amazing! And I guess 50 means Goku's not fighting Black next episode. He will probably appear at the end. I can't wait to see how Gohan and Trunks interact. I hope they train with each other. That would be very poetic. I'm also wondering if they both might take part in the tournament! Please!
HOLY SHIT this sounds awesome!!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 am

I'm not taking these episode summary's seriously. Remember how they said Zen'o was going to appear in episode 43 or 44?
Well i did. And he appeared way earlier, in 41 already. Something same as that happened back in the U6 arc where they appeared to mislead, with the NEP showing SSJ Vegeta against Frost.
This time the NEP clearly shows Goku "about to" face of against Black in the next episode. That holds way more value then a stupid summary.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:27 am

Oh man, I simply hate when there's a week with no episode... :(
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:28 am

Grimlock wrote:Oh man, I simply hate when there's a week with no episode... :(
Me too. And I was really looking forward to it. :cry:

All of the spoilers have me excited. Can't wait to see Gohan and Future Trunks together. I hope they finally do more with their relationship in the present. I am confused about 51. Could it mean that Mai is somehow alive? Or will be able to come to life? The fact the episode seems to be about her may imply we are not done with her yet. Of course, they could just be talking about the younger Mai.
Last edited by IntoTheFire on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:40 am

So we won't have to wait too long until we know who Goku Black truly is.

Alright folk, place your bets.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:44 am

Oh great, a week long break before the reveal of Black, that will be one heck of a tease.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:45 am

Seems like Black Goku will fuck the shit out of Goku...Maybe thanks to his abilities like Hit... Hmm now it is no more like Dragonball Z I'm strong because my powerlevel is high :lol: Now it is more a ability and weakness thing than strong powerlevel and i like that :thumbup:

garfield15
Beyond Newbie

Post by garfield15 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:47 am

Grimlock wrote:Oh man, I simply hate when there's a week with no episode... :(
Once you watch enough yearly shows, you just get numb to it

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:47 am

Lujin_16 wrote:Seems like Black Goku will fuck the shit out of Goku...Maybe thanks to his abilities like Hit... Hmm now it is no more like Dragonball Z I'm strong because my powerlevel is high :lol: Now it is more a ability and weakness thing than strong powerlevel and i like that :thumbup:
What? where'd you get this info?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:55 am

sintzu wrote:Hopefully 52 will be the beginning of Gohan going back to how he was before and I can't wait to find out who Black is and the result of his fight with Goku.

If Black's identity is going to be revealed this early then maybe the arc won't be as long as we hoped it would.
I get the feeling Black's identity is going to be like a big plot point to drive the arc going forward, not something that signals its end. Maybe we'll learn who he is from Zamasu.

Also yeah, hopefully this means we finally have Gohan coming back, since it seems like Goku's going to get his ass beat by Black. Maybe 52 will be Gohan and Trunks getting stronger to be a bigger help.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:59 am

I feel like the Gohan Trunks episode is gonna be fluff. Trunks is going to visit Gohan at a seminar or something and they'll reminiscence about old times.

Where is everyone getting the idea Black beats Goku? I don't see that implied anywhere.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:04 am

Just you wait until the Gohan from episode 52 is Future Gohan, who has pulled a Bardock and instead of dying has been thrust back in time by fate to appear right after Goku gets his ass kicked by Black.

Goku is proud of future Gohan and Videl divorces Gohan who isn't man enough for now. She's literally ready to embrace the future.

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 am

@Baggie

I think it's implied because it would end the arc to fast. I think this arc is going to go on for a little bit. I hope the Gohan and Trunks episode isn't fluff.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:08 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I feel like the Gohan Trunks episode is gonna be fluff. Trunks is going to visit Gohan at a seminar or something and they'll reminiscence about old times.

Where is everyone getting the idea Black beats Goku? I don't see that implied anywhere.
I doubt it will be fluff, It's pretty shortly after Goku's first fight with Black and I imagine this arc is going to keep moving forward, they don't need to inject filler in the middle of the arc to stay behind a manga.

What else do you think is going to happen in the fight between Black and Goku? It's the begining of the arc, Goku is most likely going to lose and then they have to figure out how they'll beat him, I mean Black is still clearly around episodes later based on the titles.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:09 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:@Baggie

I think it's implied because it would end the arc to fast. I think this arc is going to go on for a little bit. I hope the Gohan and Trunks episode isn't fluff.
Not exactly, Goku could defeat Black, he can still retreat, and knowing our Goku he'll allow that since he probably thinks he's Black but with only a different view of things hence turned evil, he knows Black will train to beat him.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 am

I think Ep 51-52 will be more emotional episodes