"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:16 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why is everybody talking about Gogeta? Is there something that implies he might show up? Fill me in please..
The sticker set that had SSJ Pink Black Goku also had Gogeta for some reason.
EDIT: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoaH7hmUIAE7DwO.jpg
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:17 am

Avok wrote:So disappointed. I had problems with the red and blue hair, and now they give us a pink version... :crazy:

Like, it's unimaginative and unaesthetic... And I wanted to convice my self that the series could improve from this arc on. So silly.
Yeah, I still expecting that is not pink like everyone says, I mean if not white, a red-haired transformation would suit Black too.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:17 am

sintzu wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:I wonder if the reason Toriyama decided to give pink hair to Goku Black, is because he still has plans to use white hair for Goku and Vegeta later and he wanted a new color for Black that wouldn't clash with that one.

It's also interesting that FT Trunks doesn't have a new transformation in there. I wonder if he will get SSB while training with Vegeta.
Toriyama wrote:In Battle of God it was red, so I figured for revival of ‘F’ I should go with blue. That’s all (laughs). Well actually I was thinking about having it be white, but then it would color-clash with the “next-enemy” ... So I figured I should save it for another occasion.”
I think Trunks will get Ssj3 first and after this arc he might train with Whis alongside Goku & Vgetea.
I think Trunks is going back home after this arc.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:18 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why is everybody talking about Gogeta? Is there something that implies he might show up? Fill me in please..
People seem to think that because SSJ Gogeta is in the same... set of merch I guess, as Pink Black, he'll appear in Super. This is not the case, however, as Broly is also there. The only thing it actually shows is that Black has a pink form.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:19 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This looks so wrong... :problem:
They really need to get them back into their RF outfits.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:19 am

Guys just to be clear these are official art from Bandai. This does not mean that gogeta or broly will be back, it only means black has pink hair transformation(as of right now).

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:22 am

He appears along with the "SSJ Pink" Black Goku in the leaked image. But nothing is really pointing towards Gogeta appearing in Super.goddammit why
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 am

The pink hair really works well with his black outfit. I wonder what the form is called?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
The sticker set that had SSJ Pink Black Goku also had Gogeta for some reason.
EDIT: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoaH7hmUIAE7DwO.jpg
Aha, didn't notice that at first xD

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Wowwee, I can't believe people are still complaining! It's just a hair color. Why does everyone complain about recolors? Would you rather have something like this? And then they contradict it by saying Super Saiyan Blue is a dumb name. Isn't it just a recolor? Oy... there's a bit of my steam, so forgive me.
There will always be unhappy people. :roll: I have more issue with the how quickly we're getting new transformations... when barely any effort was put in. It sort of cheapens the weight behind the stuff we get excited over, when it almost feels like they're trying to just fill a merch quota. Case in point: all the crazy non-canon SS3 and SS4 forms the video games have introduced to characters that previously couldn't attain them.

All that being said, I love all the post-2013 forms. They were entirely necessary in broadening the scope of strength we witness Goku (and Vegeta, I guess) reach. I dig the colors and the (not entirely consistent) powers they possess. Super Saiyan Blue is a fantastic name and if this new form isn't jokingly referred to as "Super Saiyan Pink" at some point, I'll eat my shorts.

I only wonder how much is too much. If they're just changing hair colors and calling them new forms every bloody year, should we want new forms? I'm on board thus far, but I would find distaste in any more down the road.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 am

JulieYBM wrote:The pink hair really works well with his black outfit. I wonder what the form is called?
It will most likely be called SSJ Pink, for the same reason they changed ssj god ssj to ssj blue because of convenience purposes.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 am

I love the new forms too, they're awesome (and in my top favorite forms). I just don't get all the complaining over something like this. No one would ever think two, three years ago that there'd be complaining over new content in YEARS.
MyAnimeList | AniList

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 am

I didn't like where new forms were going since SSJ3 to be honest. After that everybody just wanted bigger hair, muscles, and fur which I didn't really like. I thought the SSG transformation was a nice change of pace.
Last edited by nite_jay on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:32 am

nite_jay wrote:I didn't like where new forms were going since SSJ3 to be honest. After that everybody just wanted bigger hair, muscles, and fur which I didn't really like.
I think SSJ4 was the best transformation next to SSJ3 but thats me

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:46 am

nite_jay wrote:I didn't like where new forms were going since SSJ3 to be honest. After that everybody just wanted bigger hair, muscles, and fur which I didn't really like.
Here's a thought: if SS4 was called something else from the beginning, would people have minded as much? I've always had this notion that SS3 was the result of gaining unworldly knowledge on how to push past the pinnacle (SS2) - almost like an affront to nature.

Going any further just seems silly at that point, but SS4's method was at least more interesting than "I rage'd harder." It was linked to the original Oozaru form and finding calamity in that power. The Super Saiyan Oozaru was a really cool concept, honestl- ...holy shit, am I praising GT? :shifty: If we actually had some more development in the history and trials of the Saiyan race (besides iffy and inconsistent flashbacks), I could totally see the SSO being a big part.

...the color-fur bods and magical "+1 PANTS" were dumb, but I was down for the wild hair and returning tails.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The pink hair really works well with his black outfit. I wonder what the form is called?
It will most likely be called SSJ Pink, for the same reason they changed ssj god ssj to ssj blue because of convenience purposes.
I think it depends, if they position it as an evil Super Saiyan form I could see it being something like "Super Saiyan Devil", and if the form is exclusive to Black because he is Goku's body with someone else in it then it might have a name that reflects that.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:53 am

Oh God.... SSJ Pink... just... why? I'm tired of color swaps with no changes done with the hairstyle..... just... Jesus I am done.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:59 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
I think it depends, if they position it as an evil Super Saiyan form I could see it being something like "Super Saiyan Devil", and if the form is exclusive to Black because he is Goku's body with someone else in it then it might have a name that reflects that.
It might not be called anything specifically like how SSGSS wasn't named in the movie or arc they just rolled with it. Black's in a Saiyan body. Saiyans can transform that exactly what this might be instead of Yellow it's Pink because of Blacks weird ki that Beerus and Whis talked about.

Armalord

Post by Armalord » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I love the new forms too, they're awesome (and in my top favorite forms). I just don't get all the complaining over something like this. No one would ever think two, three years ago that there'd be complaining over new content in YEARS.
Yo. Just because it's "new content", doesn't mean people should just accept it, especially if it's not... good. I myself, would say that this series is pretty awful, especially considering the "new content" has been pretty much re-using old concepts and/or re-coloring them. The only actual "new" thing is Black's motivation(?) and even then, it seems to be a typical shonen antagonist's ambition.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Armalord wrote:Yo. Just because it's "new content", doesn't mean people should just accept it, especially if it's not... good. I myself, would say that this series is pretty awful, especially considering the "new content" has been pretty much re-using old concepts and/or re-coloring them. The only actual "new" thing is Black's motivation(?) and even then, it seems to be a typical shonen antagonist's ambition.
Then why exactly do you watch it, if it's "pretty awful"?
MyAnimeList | AniList