"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Chiki wrote:My guess is that the God of Destruction of one of the universes is probably Shu, who somehow knows about image training despite appearing weak. How is that possible unless he's also a Hakaishin?
Oh God, I want this to happen now, because that would be fucking hilarious. :lol: :clap:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Chiki wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Chiki wrote:My guess is that the God of Destruction of one of the universes is probably Shu, who somehow knows about image training despite appearing weak. How is that possible unless he's also a Hakaishin?
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic here or serious.... Toei simply wanted someone to explain what Trunks was doing, either that or Shuu simply knows about image training, its a pretty basic training method, basically its common knowledge.
It requires advanced manipulation of ki. Do you think Mr. Satan can image train? No, the fact that Shu knows a secret training technique like this proves that he is insanely strong.
Oh God.... so you were serious :lol: so image training in DB is a secret technique? when its common knowledge for fighters to know this. You've been reading way too much mate. :lol:

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Chiki wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic here or serious.... Toei simply wanted someone to explain what Trunks was doing, either that or Shuu simply knows about image training, its a pretty basic training method, basically its common knowledge.
It requires advanced manipulation of ki. Do you think Mr. Satan can image train? No, the fact that Shu knows a secret training technique like this proves that he is insanely strong.
Oh God.... so you were serious :lol: so image training in DB is a secret technique? when its common knowledge for fighters to know this. You've been reading way too much mate. :lol:
You're laughing at me now buddy, just wait until Episode 72 where Shu is revealed to be Hakaishin of Universe 1. I heard from Toriyama himself. You'll regret not listening to me.

DbzLover

Post by DbzLover » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: Super Saiyan Rose Black Vs SSB Goku
I really hope this is not the final battle for this arc, considering that Goku just beat Zamasu and Black before. I think this is similar to the part where the Z-fighters meet up with Dr.Gero and he escapes. I have a feeling Black will escape as well and get an even more significant power boost, that or Black may just be a pawn and their may be an even stronger foe waiting for the Z Fighters in the present timeline. I don't know it doesn't feel like 'Dragonball' until everyone's on the floor and one of the characters gets up and uses all their remaining energy to beat the bad guy.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Chiki wrote: You're laughing at me now buddy, just wait until Episode 72 where Shu is revealed to be Hakaishin of Universe 1. I heard from Toriyama himself. You'll regret not listening to me.
Now I feel silly, so you were being sarcastic , well played mate, well played. got a good laugh with that :clap:
If you heard it from Toriyama himself, guess I was wrong. Who knew Shuu could have such power all this time! the plot twist that this would bring is so Toriyama like.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Chelentano wrote:
HeroR wrote:I like Piccolo and Gohan far more than Vegeta, yet I don't lose sleep because Piccolo is about as useful as Yamcha. At this point, bitter fanboys like you make their exclusion amusing to me, when before I could at least symptize that your favorite character was replaced for new characters like Jaco and Beerus. I mean, think of the human fans who got their favorites replaced by Piccolo and Gohan. Now, I can't feel sorry for fans like you and you actually make me dislike characters like Piccolo and hope they never see the spotlight again like Broly fans.

And I love how you try to dismiss as a Goku fan. Your resentment towards Goku and Vegeta really doesn't get old.

Also for the record, an author not doing what you want isn't lazy. It's you not liking what the author does.
My only problem with this is that the new characters added aren't all that interesting. I loved Krilin as a child and then I started liking Gohan when the two of them started sharing time on screen. Then, Krilin began to get less and less importance and Gohan became almost the main character. That felt natural within the story and I hadn't any problem with that. Now almost all the cast is fading and we don't have (in my opinion) a proper replacement.
I think the biggest problem is time. With the human characters you watched as they got replaced gradually and this happened the first time you watched the show. But it's been years since most people first watched dragonBall. Characters like Gohan and Piccolo defined the series to many of us because they were a big part of the ssries when it ended. They were still there on the many repeated watches we did also. Time and repeated watches have cemented the idea of them being defining parts of the show. So when a new series came out we expected them to be there still. But they're not.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:45 pm

kinisking wrote:
Chelentano wrote:
HeroR wrote:I like Piccolo and Gohan far more than Vegeta, yet I don't lose sleep because Piccolo is about as useful as Yamcha. At this point, bitter fanboys like you make their exclusion amusing to me, when before I could at least symptize that your favorite character was replaced for new characters like Jaco and Beerus. I mean, think of the human fans who got their favorites replaced by Piccolo and Gohan. Now, I can't feel sorry for fans like you and you actually make me dislike characters like Piccolo and hope they never see the spotlight again like Broly fans.

And I love how you try to dismiss as a Goku fan. Your resentment towards Goku and Vegeta really doesn't get old.

Also for the record, an author not doing what you want isn't lazy. It's you not liking what the author does.
My only problem with this is that the new characters added aren't all that interesting. I loved Krilin as a child and then I started liking Gohan when the two of them started sharing time on screen. Then, Krilin began to get less and less importance and Gohan became almost the main character. That felt natural within the story and I hadn't any problem with that. Now almost all the cast is fading and we don't have (in my opinion) a proper replacement.
I think the biggest problem is time. With the human characters you watched as they got replaced gradually and this happened the first time you watched the show. But it's been years since most people first watched dragonBall. Characters like Gohan and Piccolo defined the series to many of us because they were a big part of the ssries when it ended. They were still there on the many repeated watches we did also. Time and repeated watches have cemented the idea of them being defining parts of the show. So when a new series came out we expected them to be there still. But they're not.
You could argue the merchandise really has kept coming, along with the video games which feature a wide variety of characters. There are still plenty of people who participate in those things that don't watch Super and Bandai will continue to make merchandise with whoever they want regardless of their role in the new TV series.

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

My theory about Shu might have been false but here is what I honestly think will be true.

Future Goku = Goku Black. Future Goku faked his heart virus and was evil all along, biding his time to get stronger until he could conquer the universe with no one to stop him. He faked his heart virus, acted dead and left Earth to train under Zamasu, his real father, and become a Kaioshin, which is why they have similar ki. Goku has also been faking his ki all this time, it's actually the same as Zamasu's except more evil.

Present Goku was unable to fake his death because Trunks gave him medicine. He was waiting to reveal his evil nature much longer as a result. Goku is going to reveal his evil nature in the next couple eps against Black, since there can only be one evil Goku around.

There's a mountain of evidence for the fact that Goku is evil:

1. Goku beating the shit out of Chichi and breaking all her bones after coming back to Earth after the Frieza saga.
2. Goku's ridiculous and exaggerated "I WANT TO FIGHT!!!! TRAIN!!!" act is obviously fake.
3. Goku watched Cell beat the shit out of his son, Gohan, with a smile on his face. He even gave him a Senzu to do it better.
4. Goku let Vegeta and Frieza escape so that they could destroy Earth. Not like he gave a fuck.
5. Goku didn't kill Buu with SSJ3 so he could destroy Earth, not because he wanted the kids to have a chance at doing it.

Thoughts?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Chiki wrote:My theory about Shu might have been false but here is what I honestly think will be true.

Future Goku = Goku Black. Future Goku faked his heart virus and was evil all along, biding his time to get stronger until he could conquer the universe with no one to stop him. He faked his heart virus, acted dead and left Earth to train under Zamasu, his real father, and become a Kaioshin, which is why they have similar ki. Goku has also been faking his ki all this time, it's actually the same as Zamasu's except more evil.

Present Goku was unable to fake his death because Trunks gave him medicine. He was waiting to reveal his evil nature much longer as a result. Goku is going to reveal his evil nature in the next couple eps against Black, since there can only be one evil Goku around.

1. Goku beating the shit out of Chichi and breaking all her bones after coming back to Earth after the Frieza saga.
2. Goku's ridiculous and exaggerated "I WANT TO FIGHT!!!! TRAIN!!!" act is obviously fake.
3. Goku watched Cell beat the shit out of his son, Gohan, with a smile on his face. He even gave him a Senzu to do it better.
4. Goku let Vegeta and Frieza escape so that they could destroy Earth. Not like he gave a fuck.
5. Goku didn't kill Buu with SSJ3 so he could destroy Earth, not because he wanted the kids to have a chance at doing it.

Thoughts?
That'd be kind of amazing and one hell of a twist. I think Black does somehow have Future Goku's body though, or at least a Goku from one of the other timelines.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Chiki wrote:My theory about Shu might have been false but here is what I honestly think will be true.

Thoughts?
Although that'd be a nice twist, people would probably just get upset and think that's too big of a retcon.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Kagari wrote:

Thoughts?
That'd be kind of amazing and one hell of a twist. I think Black does somehow have Future Goku's body though, or at least a Goku from one of the other timelines.
Sadly, it's as impossible as it is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a main character turn out to be secretly evil.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Chiki
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Chiki » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Goku is originally Zamasu's son when he had a one night stand with a female Saiyan. His evil nature will be revealed by killing Trunks by putting his hand through his chest in ep 56.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:35 pm

kinisking wrote:
Kagari wrote:

Thoughts?
Sadly, it's as impossible as it is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a main character turn out to be secretly evil.
Aizen, the secret main character of Bleach from the beginning.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Kagari wrote:Aizen, the secret main character of Bleach from the beginning.
He meant in this series.
dbs fanboy wrote:
Noah wrote: Oh god, the lord of the existence requests to see a mortal just to he have someone to play games with it? And they said something about "change of tone" is this arc, this is beyond silly.
Lol you're right. What i would find funny would be seeing Zeno annoyed by Goku, i wonder what would happen after that :twisted: .

Anyways,i hope that ep 55 has something relevant to the plot as Toriyama said that Zeno would be involved.
Well if this is Zeno involvement, then I should be disappointed, because everyone thought about some serious shit happening through the universes and he had to step in.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:39 pm

You guys are kidding, right? I mean, I know Chiki was, but everyone else, you don't really think Goku turning evil would be a good twist, would you? That'd be awful.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:You guys are kidding, right? I mean, I know Chiki was, but everyone else, you don't really think Goku turning evil would be a good twist, would you? That'd be awful.
Why? He's selfish guy who only cares about fighting, it makes senses that he was tempted with evil.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:You guys are kidding, right? I mean, I know Chiki was, but everyone else, you don't really think Goku turning evil would be a good twist, would you? That'd be awful.
Better than him genuinely acting extremely stupid.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Noah wrote:
Why? He's selfish guy who only cares about fighting, it makes senses that he was tempted with evil.
The entire series he was portrayed as a guy with good intentions who ends up with bad results. I could definitely see Goku in an antagonistic role, but evil? No, that'd be terrible writing.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:The entire series he was portrayed as a guy with good intentions who ends up with bad results. I could definitely see Goku in an antagonistic role, but evil? No, that'd be terrible writing.
Just see Super as its own thing and then you'll see how it makes perfect sense, Goku might considered to be evil because then he would have nothing holding him back, he's just wanna grow stronger and fight stronger opponents, something that he can't acomplish being committed with Earth's safety.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Noah wrote:
The fact that he cares only about fighting is actually what makes him so pure.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.