"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Khin
I Live Here
Posts: 2540
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am
Location: West City
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Khin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:06 am

Wasn't able to give my full thoughts yesterday because I have no time, it's a bit late now but nevertheless I wonder if Super Zamasu/Gosu/Merged Zamasu or whatever you call him will be voiced by Nozawa and Miki at the same time, would be interesting to see.

“Super Trunks” seems indicate he would get some kind of a power-up. Seeing the leaked image of episode 62, It looks like a mutation like MyBulma!Vegeta given the lack of pupils. It could be a new form too, but I guess we'll have to wait until the episode airs.

I'm most intrigued on episode 63. “The Curtain Rises” seems to suggest that Black and Zamasu will get pushed into the corner by the gang, mainly Vegeta since he's the one that is emphasized (Perhaps he'll get a power-up too?) and leaves Zamasu and Black no choice but to merge via the Potara earrings.

For episode 64 and 65. I'm going to guess Black and Zamasu will fuse at the very end of the episode and the next episode is the one where we actually gonna see him in action. I wonder how he will get defeated though, some speculate that Omni-King will appear in 65 given the episode title. Toriyama did mentioned that he will get involved in this arc, but I hope he won't just arrive and erase Merged Zamasu or something, that would be very anti-climatic. I've been enjoying this arc so far, and I hope it won't have a disappointing ending like the Golden Freeza Arc.

I would be fine with Goku defeating them through the Mafuba. Vegetto wouldn't be half-bad too, but since Merged Zamasu is presumably immortal, how will Vegetto defeat him ? Perhaps Vegetto will use the Mafuba ? We'll see, but I really think Trunks should beat the shit and kill Black, it was so satisfying when Trunks defeated the Future Androids, and him beating the shit out of Black wouldn't any different. Considering Black merged with Zamasu, chances of that happening became slim, but they could still be defused, they showed in the tournament that the Namekian Dragon Balls (At least) can defuse a merged being, so perhaps someone will use them to defuse Black and Zamasu ?

Seeing the inconsistent result of the fusion as shown by Vegetto and Kibitoshin, it's a bit hard to guess how strong Merged Zamasu will be, I can see him being on par with Beerus, but he could be stronger or as strong as the likes of Whis too.

As for Black being Present Zamasu. My guess is after he got destroyed by Beerus, Zamasu got reformed into an after life body, kills Gowasu, steals his Potara and the Time-Rings, uses the Super Dragon Balls to switch bodies with Goku, and then finds a timeline where Beerus doesn't exist to assert his plan. Elder Kaioshin proved that deities can travel into the mortal realm despite being dead, and also showed that you can be reformed into an afterlife body in the Kaioshin Realm. Perhaps Whis and co. completely forgot about these, or they don't know. Goku may know about it, but he probably didn't say anything.

This month will be very interesting. :thumbup:
Last edited by Khin on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:13 am

[spoiler]Given the new spoilers, is anyone else looking forward to the Black/Zamasu fusion design?[/spoiler]
Retired.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:16 am

Khin wrote:Wasn't able to give my full thoughts yesterday because I have no time, it's a bit late now but nevertheless I wonder if Super Zamasu/Gosu/Merged Zamasu or whatever you call him will be voiced by Nozawa and Miki at the same time, would be interesting too see.

“Super Trunks” seems indicate he would get some kind of a power-up. Seeing the leaked image of episode 62, It looks like a mutation like MyBulma!Vegeta given the lack of pupils. It could be a new form too, but I guess we'll have to wait until the episode airs.

I'm most intrigued on episode 63. “The Curtain Rises” seems to suggest that Black and Zamasu will get pushed into the corner by the gang, mainly Vegeta since he's the one that is emphasized (Perhaps he'll get a power-up too?) and leaves Zamasu and Black no choice but to merge via the Potara earrings.

For episode 64 and 65. I'm going to guess Black and Zamasu will fuse at the very end of the episode and the next episode is the one where we actually gonna see him in action. I wonder how he will get defeated though, some speculate that Omni-King will appear in 65 given the episode title. Toriyama did mentioned that he will get involved in this arc, but I hope he won't just arrive and erase Merged Zamasu or something, that would be very anti-climatic. I've been enjoying this arc so far, and I hope it won't have a disappointing ending like the Golden Freeza Arc.

I would fine with Goku defeating them through the Mafuba. Vegetto wouldn't be half-bad too, but since Merged Zamasu is presumably immortal, how will Vegetto defeat him ? Perhaps Vegetto will use the Mafuba ? We'll see, but I really think Trunks should beat the shit and kill Black, it was so satisfying when Trunks defeated the Future Androids, and him beating the shit out of Black wouldn't any different. Considering Black merged with Zamasu, chances of that happening became slim, but they could still be defused, they showed in the tournament that the Namekian Dragon Balls (At least) can defuse a merged being, so perhaps someone will use them to defuse Black and Zamasu ?

Seeing the inconsistent result of the fusion as shown by Vegetto and Kibitoshin, it's a bit hard to guess how strong Merged Zamasu will be, I can see him being on par with Beerus, but he could be stronger or as strong as the likes of Whis too.

As for Black being Present Zamasu. My guess is after he got destroyed by Beerus, Zamasu got reformed into an after life body, kills Gowasu, steals his Potara and the Time-Rings, uses the Super Dragon Balls to switch bodies with Goku, and then finds a timeline where Beerus doesn't exist to assert his plan. Elder Kaioshin proved that deities can travel into the mortal realm despite being dead, and also showed that you can be reformed into an afterlife body in the Kaioshin Realm. Perhaps Whis and co. completely forgot about these, or they don't know. Goku may know about it, but he probably didn't say anything.

This month will be very interesting. :thumbup:
I doubt we'll see Vegetto, since Goku and Vegeta are so strongly opposed to ever working together again. To be honest, my biggest worry is that they'll end up calling on Zeno. That would be the biggest disappointment in the history of Dragon Ball.
Retired.

User avatar
olympia
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by olympia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:[spoiler]Given the new spoilers, is anyone else looking forward to the Black/Zamasu fusion design?[/spoiler]
Well...
[spoiler]Regarding the Zamack fusion, I personally anticipate something similar to the Piccolo/Kami fusion, where there won't really be a change in appearance.[/spoiler]
I'd be happy to be wrong though.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:20 am

olympia wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:[spoiler]Given the new spoilers, is anyone else looking forward to the Black/Zamasu fusion design?[/spoiler]
Well...
[spoiler]Regarding the Zamack fusion, I personally anticipate something similar to the Piccolo/Kami fusion, where there won't really be a change in appearance.[/spoiler]
I'd be happy to be wrong though.
I like the Kaioshin design enough that I wouldn't mind that, but I don't think that they'd disregard how Potara fusion works anyway.
Retired.

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:34 am

Khin wrote:Wasn't able to give my full thoughts yesterday because I have no time, it's a bit late now but nevertheless I wonder if Super Zamasu/Gosu/Merged Zamasu or whatever you call him will be voiced by Nozawa and Miki at the same time, would be interesting too see.
Hmm...I didn't even consider that he might have dual voice. I assumed he would look mainly like Zamasu and be voiced solely by Shinichirou Miki. But it'd be pretty cool to hear those two creating his voice together if they go that route...given the little amount we know, pretty much anything is still possible.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

User avatar
Khin
I Live Here
Posts: 2540
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am
Location: West City
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Khin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:36 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I doubt we'll see Vegetto, since Goku and Vegeta are so strongly opposed to ever working together again. To be honest, my biggest worry is that they'll end up calling on Zeno. That would be the biggest disappointment in the history of Dragon Ball.
Well if the preview of the next episode is anything to go by, it looks like Vegeta and Goku (Along with Trunks) teams up against Black and Zamasu. Vegeta showed in the latest episode that he wants to defeat Black for the sake of Trunks and his world, so if they have no choice but to fuse, I'm certain Vegeta will agree.

He's dealing with guys that ruined his family and he got angry about that, it would be kind of odd if he won't accept to fuse with Goku especially now that he know they can just defuse via Dragon Balls. I'm not much of a fan of Vegetto reappearing, but it wouldn't be half-bad I guess.

Calling Omni-King is my biggest fear, Toriyama mentioning that he will get involved in this arc makes it even more likely. I was very disappointed how Golden Freeza was defeated in the movie and Super, and I think Omni-King erasing Merged Zamasu will be even worse than that. :sick:

User avatar
DBS916
Regular
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBS916 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:55 am

Khin wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I doubt we'll see Vegetto, since Goku and Vegeta are so strongly opposed to ever working together again. To be honest, my biggest worry is that they'll end up calling on Zeno. That would be the biggest disappointment in the history of Dragon Ball.
Well if the preview of the next episode is anything to go by, it looks like Vegeta and Goku (Along with Trunks) teams up against Black and Zamasu. Vegeta showed in the latest episode that he wants to defeat Black for the sake of Trunks and his world, so if they have no choice but to fuse, I'm certain Vegeta will agree.

He's dealing with guys that ruined his family and he got angry about that, it would be kind of odd if he won't accept to fuse with Goku especially now that he know they can just defuse via Dragon Balls. I'm not much of a fan of Vegetto reappearing, but it wouldn't be half-bad I guess.

Calling Omni-King is my biggest fear, Toriyama mentioning that he will get involved in this arc makes it even more likely. I was very disappointed how Golden Freeza was defeated in the movie and Super, and I think Omni-King erasing Merged Zamasu will be even worse than that. :sick:
I might be a minority here but I think Zeno would be the best bet. The reason I say that is because so far we have only heard how powerful he is and that all the God's are afraid of him. Which is why Super needs a scene of him destroying Zamasu.

So far Zeno has been scene as the King of All who despite coming across as childish at times, is a kind God who seeks fairness within his universes. This way we can show a "darker" side to Zeno that will cement his legacy within the franchise.

If there was an alternative then I would have liked to see both Vegeta and Goku fuse and somehow manage to defeat Zamasu and Black after they fuse. Fusion against fusion.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 am

DBS916 wrote:
Khin wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:I doubt we'll see Vegetto, since Goku and Vegeta are so strongly opposed to ever working together again. To be honest, my biggest worry is that they'll end up calling on Zeno. That would be the biggest disappointment in the history of Dragon Ball.
Well if the preview of the next episode is anything to go by, it looks like Vegeta and Goku (Along with Trunks) teams up against Black and Zamasu. Vegeta showed in the latest episode that he wants to defeat Black for the sake of Trunks and his world, so if they have no choice but to fuse, I'm certain Vegeta will agree.

He's dealing with guys that ruined his family and he got angry about that, it would be kind of odd if he won't accept to fuse with Goku especially now that he know they can just defuse via Dragon Balls. I'm not much of a fan of Vegetto reappearing, but it wouldn't be half-bad I guess.

Calling Omni-King is my biggest fear, Toriyama mentioning that he will get involved in this arc makes it even more likely. I was very disappointed how Golden Freeza was defeated in the movie and Super, and I think Omni-King erasing Merged Zamasu will be even worse than that. :sick:
I might be a minority here but I think Zeno would be the best bet. The reason I say that is because so far we have only heard how powerful he is and that all the God's are afraid of him. Which is why Super needs a scene of him destroying Zamasu.

So far Zeno has been scene as the King of All who despite coming across as childish at times, is a kind God who seeks fairness within his universes. This way we can show a "darker" side to Zeno that will cement his legacy within the franchise.

If there was an alternative then I would have liked to see both Vegeta and Goku fuse and somehow manage to defeat Zamasu and Black after they fuse. Fusion against fusion.
It would make sense, but it would also be the worst storytelling. You can't just go and add a fix-all card like Zeno to a situation. Once you do, that's it, there is no more tension, ever. Even worse, an attempt to create tension past that point will come off as contrived and empty.

Having Zeno as anything other than an authoritative figure or a joke is a bad idea.
Retired.

User avatar
DBS916
Regular
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBS916 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It would make sense, but it would also be the worst storytelling. You can't just go and add a fix-all card like Zeno to a situation. Once you do, that's it, there is no more tension, ever. Even worse, an attempt to create tension past that point will come off as contrived and empty.

Having Zeno as anything other than an authoritative figure or a joke is a bad idea.
Yeah, I agree with you there. Zeno is already consider the most powerful character so he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone. The only problem is just I can't figure how both Zamasu and Black would be defeated if they manage to fuse. Hopefully it would be all worth it in the end and our heros triumph over evil like they usually do. Just in a way that would make it worth while.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:30 am

Super for 2017 definitely looks like it is now:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 am

Khin wrote:Wasn't able to give my full thoughts yesterday because I have no time, it's a bit late now but nevertheless I wonder if Super Zamasu/Gosu/Merged Zamasu or whatever you call him will be voiced by Nozawa and Miki at the same time, would be interesting to see.

“Super Trunks” seems indicate he would get some kind of a power-up. Seeing the leaked image of episode 62, It looks like a mutation like MyBulma!Vegeta given the lack of pupils. It could be a new form too, but I guess we'll have to wait until the episode airs.

I'm most intrigued on episode 63. “The Curtain Rises” seems to suggest that Black and Zamasu will get pushed into the corner by the gang, mainly Vegeta since he's the one that is emphasized (Perhaps he'll get a power-up too?) and leaves Zamasu and Black no choice but to merge via the Potara earrings.

For episode 64 and 65. I'm going to guess Black and Zamasu will fuse at the very end of the episode and the next episode is the one where we actually gonna see him in action. I wonder how he will get defeated though, some speculate that Omni-King will appear in 65 given the episode title. Toriyama did mentioned that he will get involved in this arc, but I hope he won't just arrive and erase Merged Zamasu or something, that would be very anti-climatic. I've been enjoying this arc so far, and I hope it won't have a disappointing ending like the Golden Freeza Arc.

I would be fine with Goku defeating them through the Mafuba. Vegetto wouldn't be half-bad too, but since Merged Zamasu is presumably immortal, how will Vegetto defeat him ? Perhaps Vegetto will use the Mafuba ? We'll see, but I really think Trunks should beat the shit and kill Black, it was so satisfying when Trunks defeated the Future Androids, and him beating the shit out of Black wouldn't any different. Considering Black merged with Zamasu, chances of that happening became slim, but they could still be defused, they showed in the tournament that the Namekian Dragon Balls (At least) can defuse a merged being, so perhaps someone will use them to defuse Black and Zamasu ?

Seeing the inconsistent result of the fusion as shown by Vegetto and Kibitoshin, it's a bit hard to guess how strong Merged Zamasu will be, I can see him being on par with Beerus, but he could be stronger or as strong as the likes of Whis too.

As for Black being Present Zamasu. My guess is after he got destroyed by Beerus, Zamasu got reformed into an after life body, kills Gowasu, steals his Potara and the Time-Rings, uses the Super Dragon Balls to switch bodies with Goku, and then finds a timeline where Beerus doesn't exist to assert his plan. Elder Kaioshin proved that deities can travel into the mortal realm despite being dead, and also showed that you can be reformed into an afterlife body in the Kaioshin Realm. Perhaps Whis and co. completely forgot about these, or they don't know. Goku may know about it, but he probably didn't say anything.

This month will be very interesting. :thumbup:
what is the point of the mafubu, when Samusa has instantaneous movement. And also his kai or kaoshin rank enables him not to be seen as evil.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:07 am

With talk of the Omni-ing, I imagine the arc ending with him waiting at capsuel corp, greeting Goku and Co returning after beating Black to inform them that he is most displeased.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:07 am

Friezacooler wrote:what is the point of the mafubu, when Samusa has instantaneous movement. And also his kai or kaoshin rank enables him not to be seen as evil.
The Instantaneous Movement requires focus, I doubt he could use it when caught in a Mafuba.

Being a Kaio has nothing to do with whether someone is perceived as good or evil, that one was all in your head.


Also, I have to ask, why do you always type Samusa instead of Zamas or Zamasu?
Retired.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:what is the point of the mafubu, when Samusa has instantaneous movement. And also his kai or kaoshin rank enables him not to be seen as evil.
The Instantaneous Movement requires focus, I doubt he could use it when caught in a Mafuba.

Being a Kaio has nothing to do with whether someone is perceived as good or evil, that one was all in your head.


Also, I have to ask, why do you always type Samusa instead of Zamas or Zamasu?
Plus, look at the Evil Containment Wave works. The victim is trapped in an energy cyclone and can't escape. I doubt he could teleport.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

KaiserAcedia
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by KaiserAcedia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It would make sense, but it would also be the worst storytelling. You can't just go and add a fix-all card like Zeno to a situation. Once you do, that's it, there is no more tension, ever. Even worse, an attempt to create tension past that point will come off as contrived and empty.

Having Zeno as anything other than an authoritative figure or a joke is a bad idea.
I disagree with you that an appearance of Zeno would kill all the tension. If Zeno would appear he would probably wipe out the whole Future Trunks Timeline, rather then just obliterate Zamasu and Black. So Zeno could add more tension and desperation as any other character could.

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:45 am

HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:what is the point of the mafubu, when Samusa has instantaneous movement. And also his kai or kaoshin rank enables him not to be seen as evil.
The Instantaneous Movement requires focus, I doubt he could use it when caught in a Mafuba.

Being a Kaio has nothing to do with whether someone is perceived as good or evil, that one was all in your head.


Also, I have to ask, why do you always type Samusa instead of Zamas or Zamasu?
Plus, look at the Evil Containment Wave works. The victim is trapped in an energy cyclone and can't escape. I doubt he could teleport.
I am sure since Samusa is faster then kk10 super Goku he should be able to out escape the wave unlike king Piccolo. And since Beerus isn't considered evil when he destroys things I am sure same counts for Samusa if I am not wrong?.

User avatar
Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here
Posts: 4405
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm
Location: Salt Mines

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:48 am

Friezacooler wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
The Instantaneous Movement requires focus, I doubt he could use it when caught in a Mafuba.

Being a Kaio has nothing to do with whether someone is perceived as good or evil, that one was all in your head.


Also, I have to ask, why do you always type Samusa instead of Zamas or Zamasu?
Plus, look at the Evil Containment Wave works. The victim is trapped in an energy cyclone and can't escape. I doubt he could teleport.
I am sure since Samusa is faster then kk10 super Goku he should be able to out escape the wave unlike king Piccolo. And since Beerus isn't considered evil when he destroys things I am sure same counts for Samusa if I am not wrong?.
Beerus destroys things to keep balance in the Universe, it's literally his job. Zamasu kills for his own selfish motives, with the goal of destroying all humanoid life in the universe, so he's definitely evil.

By the way, not you or anyone else knows exactly how fast Zamasu is, that's another thing you made up in your head.
Retired.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:03 am

KaiserAcedia wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It would make sense, but it would also be the worst storytelling. You can't just go and add a fix-all card like Zeno to a situation. Once you do, that's it, there is no more tension, ever. Even worse, an attempt to create tension past that point will come off as contrived and empty.

Having Zeno as anything other than an authoritative figure or a joke is a bad idea.
I disagree with you that an appearance of Zeno would kill all the tension. If Zeno would appear he would probably wipe out the whole Future Trunks Timeline, rather then just obliterate Zamasu and Black. So Zeno could add more tension and desperation as any other character could.
Yeah exactly his powers could be very unrestraint, plus one of the Zamasu is immortal he could end up destroying the entire of Trunks universe and he'd still be alive. Bring KoA in doesn't really solve anything.

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
KaiserAcedia wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It would make sense, but it would also be the worst storytelling. You can't just go and add a fix-all card like Zeno to a situation. Once you do, that's it, there is no more tension, ever. Even worse, an attempt to create tension past that point will come off as contrived and empty.

Having Zeno as anything other than an authoritative figure or a joke is a bad idea.
I disagree with you that an appearance of Zeno would kill all the tension. If Zeno would appear he would probably wipe out the whole Future Trunks Timeline, rather then just obliterate Zamasu and Black. So Zeno could add more tension and desperation as any other character could.
Yeah exactly his powers could be very unrestraint, plus one of the Zamasu is immortal he could end up destroying the entire of Trunks universe and he'd still be alive. Bring KoA in doesn't really solve anything.
in before fusion cancels out immortality. what was first, Samusa wishing for immortality or transferring copy of his mind into Goku black?

Post Reply