"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:00 pm

precita wrote:While I don't doubt Vegito is coming, we should know by now that what the videogames do have no impact on official canon.
Heroes has foreshadowed things like this in the past. One immediate example was showing Zamasu as a separate entity from Black before Episode 56 aired.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Avery wrote:From SDB Heroes
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yep. Looks like SSJB Vegetto is all but happening.
Goku's wearing the F outfit here. What a tease. I still want to see what an official F-clothing Vegito would look like.

If we use this picture to speculate about Super:

[spoiler]Goku's earring is grey and yellow. This means that our Supreme Kai (or Old Kai) is the one to give him and Vegeta the earrings, not Gowasu. This is minor, but it does explain why Supreme Kai came along with Gowasu to the future in Episode 63. This is something we've already suspected, though. The picture shows that Super Dragon Ball Heroes has the intention to create Blue Vegito, but whether or not that'll be reflected in the show isn't entirely certain. This picture isn't concrete proof. It is, however, a "theory strengthener".[/spoiler]
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Alruneia wrote:[spoiler]Goku's earring is grey and yellow. This means that our Supreme Kai (or Old Kai) is the one to give him and Vegeta the earrings, not Gowasu. This is minor, but it does explain why Supreme Kai came along with Gowasu to the future in Episode 63. This is something we've already suspected, though. The picture shows that Super Dragon Ball Heroes has the intention to create Blue Vegito, but whether or not that'll be reflected in the show isn't entirely certain. This picture isn't concrete proof. It is, however, a "theory strengthener".[/spoiler]
I still want to say Gowasu gives them the earrings considering he feels that he caries some responsibility over the actions of his failed student.
Goku's wearing the F outfit here. What a tease. I still want to see what an official F-clothing Vegito would look like.
I would've liked something like either of these two.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:26 pm

precita wrote:While I don't doubt Vegito is coming, we should know by now that what the videogames do have no impact on official canon.
We did saw the Zamasu fusion design in Heroes before the new episode air. SSjB Vegito seems likely since Toriyama probably remembers Goku and Vegito fusing with the Potara fusion. Gogeta is a Toei creation and Toriyama is the one writing the story. Probably does not remember Gogeta in Fusion Reborn or remember if Vegeta knows the fusion dance.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:32 pm

How about the fusion of Vegeeta and Trunks from Super Dragon Ball Heroes?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:35 pm

alakazam^ wrote:How about the fusion of Vegeeta and Trunks from Super Dragon Ball Heroes?
Here's what my prediction is for the end of this arc:
Potential SPOILER WARNING: Casual browsers beware
[spoiler]Vegeta and Future Trunks will fuse, and hold off Merged Zamasu for a bit, until Goku gets an opportunity to use the Mafuba. Then they'll seal him away, and boom. End of story. Of course, Goku being shown with an earring dims this a bit, but it seems likely enough at this point.[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Avery wrote:From SDB Heroes
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wearing the wrong outfit. In all material that turns out to be true in this arc, Goku was wearing the proper gi.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 pm

I guess it's possible that they'll put out two Blue Vegettos in Heroes at the same time, one straight from Super and one with a made up design for the Whis outfits, but I don't think that's super likely.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:05 pm

alakazam^ wrote:How about the fusion of Vegeeta and Trunks from Super Dragon Ball Heroes?
Er... No. Not a fan of "Vegenks" design, also father-son fusion is kinda weird for me, Vegetto all the way :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 pm

Mr. Herms translated the pink card for Episode 64.

Capsule Corp? I thought it was already abandoned.
MyAnimeList | AniList

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Mr. Herms translated the pink card for Episode 64.

I think it about goku black that use a reaper to rip the time rift (loophole) that where bulma /trunks coudl be in by going back in time?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:10 pm

Meh doubt it plus it seems more of a heroes creation than Tori sure it's possibly but it looks ugly as hell.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I really hope for vegito's return we never had seen him go all out plus it could solve whether or not he could be a challenge to beerus or whis

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:30 pm

vashter wrote:

I think it about goku black that use a reaper to rip the time rift (loophole) that where bulma /trunks coudl be in by going back in time?
Wait. How will trunks and the others fight?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 am

kinisking wrote: Wait. How will trunks and the others fight?
See, what they would do is somehow glue both Black and Zamasu together using the superglue Bulma gave to Trunks to fix the pot. However, after failing to glue the pot together, they'll just glue the bad guys together. Unfortunately this will bring about them merging but that's what super glue is supposed to do in the first place am i right?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 am

If our heroes are gonna fuse do that three way fusion mayaswell go completely asburd with it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:36 am

Oh, the following episodes could really be some of the best, I think. Some proper final battle.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:53 am

Aha so it seems Vegeta will keep stomping and manhandling Black until they decide to fuse.. Makes sense! Give Vegeta his spotlight now, because that will definitely be over against an immortal fused being.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:38 am

Appearly goku and vegeta hasn't fused on next ep, the preview looking it vegetio but it not, someone just found poof for it on youtube saying it wasn't him it still goku fighting so there still a hope that gogeta may appear... by video I mean DBH

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:

Aha so it seems Vegeta will keep stomping and manhandling Black until they decide to fuse.. Makes sense! Give Vegeta his spotlight now, because that will definitely be over against an immortal fused being.
It didn't say that Vegeta keeps stomping, it just says he puts up a good fight. Which can easily mean that Black and him are fighting evenly given how Black gets stronger from fighting.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.