"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WhatsUpPigeons
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by WhatsUpPigeons » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:14 pm

After this arc ends you KNOW Bra will appear 9 months later, I wont even be surprised if they retconned 2-3 more mini vegetas after all Vegeta went through :lol: :lol:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
WhatsUpPigeons wrote:What about that scene when the little girl looked at Trunk's sword during the father son beam struggle?
Maki will be the one to kill Zamasu with the sword after Trunks, Vegetto, and the Kaioshins died, like in JoJo part 6.
Stone Ocean worst Part :x
Relevantly enough, the plot there had the bad guy attempting to recreate the universe in his vision, just like Zamasu. Pucci also fused with the Green Baby, so you have a fusion with one green fusee... a bit like Zamasu fusing with Black. :?
WhatsUpPigeons wrote:After this arc ends you KNOW Bra will appear 9 months later :lol: :lol:
they better
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Hmmm...I'm leaning toward the "farewell" meaning that Gokuu and co. are heading back to the present after successfully defeating Zamasu, but it feels so sudden! I know it's no longer like the old times when the fights had to be dragged out to keep the TV series firmly behind the manga, but I still thought this fight would last a bit longer. Well, as long as it's well choreographed and all that, I can deal with it being shorter than expected. Zamasu can only make the same speech so many times before the heroes make him shut up :P

As for whether the "farewell" is due to a character death instead, that would be a bit unexpected, but with this arc being significantly darker than the rest, it is a possibility. Though it would make me even more suspicious that the Omni-king will step in and magically fix everything in the end, because with the way they've been hinting at Trunks and Mai having their "happily ever after" once this is all over, it's hard to imagine one of them would stay permanently dead.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Alruneia wrote:Stone Ocean worst Part :x
Relevantly enough, the plot there had the bad guy attempting to recreate the universe in his vision, just like Zamasu. Pucci also fused with the Green Baby, so you have a fusion with one green fusee... a bit like Zamasu fusing with Black. :?
I liked the unexpectedness that the one to kill the villain was some random, weakass character.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
I'm just having fun drawing some long lines. Don't take it too seriously. I did think the vision thing was close enough, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Oh, I'm just conversing. I didn't want to completely go off the rails. I tried to be Brief with that post instead of going on a ramble on why Stone Ocean is amazing. :thumbup:

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:00 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
WhatsUpPigeons wrote:What about that scene when the little girl looked at Trunk's sword during the father son beam struggle?
Maki will be the one to kill Zamasu with the sword after Trunks, Vegetto, and the Kaioshins died, like in JoJo part 6.
Okay, wasn't expecting to see JoJo spoilers in Kanzenshuu of all places.... nice :(
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Goku's sacrifice in Z had "bye bye" in the title....

Trunks will probably not die though that's too much even for this arc.
And IIRC Z Episode 24 had the title of "Sayonara, Ten-San", which was about Chatzou blowing himself up.

Title seems to have Sayonara instead of "Bye, Bye". Thats why I feel Mai might end up dying.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Now the real pressing question about this whole fusion malarkey if ChiChi or Bulma slept with Vegetto would it count as cheating?

nitemare
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nitemare » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:49 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Goku's sacrifice in Z had "bye bye" in the title....

Trunks will probably not die though that's too much even for this arc.
And IIRC Z Episode 24 had the title of "Sayonara, Ten-San", which was about Chatzou blowing himself up.

Title seems to have Sayonara instead of "Bye, Bye". Thats why I feel Mai might end up dying.
I hope that won't be the case.. I can't stand another mysterious, rage-based Trunks' variation of SSj...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:Imagine Desperate Assault theme igniting as Trunks jumps at Zamasu's back, grabbing him with all the remaining power.

Than Vegetto strikes one last full power Big Bang-Kamehameha (or Spirit Bomb), as Trunks blows himself up as well.

A warrior vanishes in a distant, astonishing light. His name, Trunks. Son of the proud Sayan Prince.

More probably, nothing of this will happen and they'll come back to the future all happy.
And then Merged Zamasu forms the next episode and mocks how pointless that was.
So, the buu saga all over again :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:58 pm

perucho1990 wrote:And IIRC Z Episode 24 had the title of "Sayonara, Ten-San", which was about Chatzou blowing himself up.

This episode uses "saraba" and it doesn't feel like a word Mai would use. Since Vegeeta is fused, it looks like a narrative goodbye.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

No joke, if a hypothetical Vegeta Jr turned up instead of Bra, that'd be pretty cool :D

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Bansho64 wrote:No joke, if a hypothetical Vegeta Jr turned up instead of Bra, that'd be pretty cool :D
I disagree. This show needs new characters not rehashes of old ones.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:08 pm

kinisking wrote: I disagree. This show needs new characters not rehashes of old ones.
Who said that it's gonna be the same Jr? It could literally just be a son with the same name. And even if it looks the same, who ever said that they have to have the same personality? Not that the GT Vegeta Jr had much of that.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: I disagree. This show needs new characters not rehashes of old ones.
Who said that it's gonna be the same Jr? It could literally just be a son with the same name. And even if it looks the same, who ever said that they have to have the same personality? Not that the GT Vegeta Jr had much of that.
Misunderstood you then. I wasn't necessarily thinking of GT but I thought you meant they'd look the same. I would have a problem with that because it kind of shows a fear of trying something new.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

So I've been rewatching the Zamasu Arc via the simulcast, and I have to say, Black being Zamasu was right in front of us. His speech patterns and the words he uses are very reminiscent of Zamasu.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:17 pm

You know what I would love to happen in the upcoming episode... for Fused Zamasu and SSJB Vegetto to whip out their ki blades and have a lightsaber-like duel.

God that would be awesome. :P

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:20 pm

kinisking wrote: Misunderstood you then. I wasn't necessarily thinking of GT but I thought you meant they'd look the same. I would have a problem with that because it kind of shows a fear of trying something new.
Well, I don't think it necessarily shows a fear of trying something new, but I do think a hypothetical second son would be good with a new look. Personally, if I wanted a person who looks like Vegeta, then I'd either go to his dad or his brother. Or, for that matter, the original Vegeta Jr.

But yeah, I do think that a second son would be cool. He doesn't necessarily have to be named "Vegeta Jr" but I certainly wouldn't mind it.