"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Legion
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Goku could also seal Zamasu with mafuba, but of course in DBS is retarded and he forgot the seal. That's not the point.

I don't care about DBZ, the kaioshins helped only in majin bu saga, but the enemy was not killed by the Gods.

I'm talking about super, and yes, until now, after 67 episodes, Goku and Vegeta have only failed.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm

Legion wrote:Goku could also seal Zamasu with mafuba, but of course in DBS is retarded and he forgot the seal. That's not the point.

I don't care about DBZ, the kaioshins helped only in majin bu saga, but the enemy was not killed by the Gods.

I'm talking about super, and yes, until now, after 67 episodes, Goku and Vegeta have only failed.
I still don't see how Goku is all to blame for the seal, given that Master Roshi never gave it to hime, despite Goku talking to him for several minutes before taking off. All indications showed that it was Roshi who forgot. It should also be noted that Tien could have probably sealed King Piccolo, if he had checked and saw that he busted the rice cooker during practiced, making everything he had done up to that point worthless.

Buu was killed by the gods as well as mortals since the Supreme Kai and Old Kai both gave energy for the Spirit Bomb. King Kai is still a god who saved everyone's butts on Namek.

Goku didn't fail against Beerus. He may have lost the battle, but he kept Beerus from blowing up the Earth and gained the God of Destruction's respect. Vegeta wiped out most of the U6 team and Goku's fight against Hit changed him and made him forfeit against Monaka. If by 'failure', you mean they didn't kill or beat up the bad guy, that is a very narrow way of viewing things.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Just finished rewatching Episode 55. Calling it now. Merged Zamasu will be Zen'ō's playmate. I'm 99% sure.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Just finished rewatching Episode 55. Calling it now. Merged Zamasu will be Zen'ō's playmate. I'm 99% sure.
What an undignified end.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Just finished rewatching Episode 55. Calling it now. Merged Zamasu will be Zen'ō's playmate. I'm 99% sure.
What an undignified end.
Even more so if he remains as sentient air. He gave everything to steal a body, and now he has none. He wished himself immortal, but now his life will be never ending torment under Zenô.

I'm also certain he'll be the playmate. It's too Dr. Slump of an ending not to happen at this point. Freeza's hell paved the way for Super's villains getting monkey's paw style punishments.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 pm

I wouldn't mind if Zamasu was sent to the "Universal Prison", would be an interesting set up for more enemies and more importantly World building. Maybe an opportunity to meet possible rivals from other Universes who defeated some of the prisoners, to spice up the tournament.

I really don't want the next arc to be tournament, I need some travelling and the show to layout motivations and motifs for our own guys and for their opponents.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Oh I'm definitely not ready for another tournament.

I want to see them travel to Planet Salad, or some other universe first.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:45 pm

zamasu121 wrote:is zeno showing up really that different from goku using a genki dama? its basically other people doing the work for goku, only here the opponent is truly unbeatable.
It's pretty different. The Genki Dama has a huge weakness, time. Zeno's just a fix-all. Although the Genki Dama was way overdone, and most of us don't want it.
Retired.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:is zeno showing up really that different from goku using a genki dama? its basically other people doing the work for goku, only here the opponent is truly unbeatable.
It's pretty different. The Genki Dama has a huge weakness, time. Zeno's just a fix-all. Although the Genki Dama was way overdone, and most of us don't want it.
But the Spirit Bomb was only used three times and succeeded once. Four if you count GT.

Most of the people who call the Spirit Bomb overdone are mostly thinking of the movies.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
But the Spirit Bomb was only used three times and succeeded once. Four if you count GT.

Most of the people who call the Spirit Bomb overdone are mostly thinking of the movies.
It was done in every Z-era story arc except for the Androids. Whether it succeeded or not, it was used far too often, especially when we include the movies.
Retired.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:05 pm

HeroR wrote:Goku didn't fail against Beerus. He may have lost the battle, but he kept Beerus from blowing up the Earth and gained the God of Destruction's respect. Vegeta wiped out most of the U6 team and Goku's fight against Hit changed him and made him forfeit against Monaka. If by 'failure', you mean they didn't kill or beat up the bad guy, that is a very narrow way of viewing things.
Yes. Yes. It seems like most fans have this narrowed minded belief that if they didn't kill the villain, they failed. For example, I believe that Vegeta beat Freeza in RoF but some fans refuse to accept that due to the fact it was Goku who killed him. While Goku killed him, it was Vegeta who humiliated Freeza and beaten him severely. (Yes, I'm aware it was a worn out Freeza).

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Wait until there is official information that confirms that Zeno kills Merged Zamasu! :think:
I always think that Whis or Vados, or even Zeno could perform a very different fusion. They are full of surprises and that could be the case but sounds crazy tho. :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:11 pm

ryou766 wrote:
HeroR wrote:Goku didn't fail against Beerus. He may have lost the battle, but he kept Beerus from blowing up the Earth and gained the God of Destruction's respect. Vegeta wiped out most of the U6 team and Goku's fight against Hit changed him and made him forfeit against Monaka. If by 'failure', you mean they didn't kill or beat up the bad guy, that is a very narrow way of viewing things.
Yes. Yes. It seems like most fans have this narrowed minded belief that if they didn't kill the villain, they failed. For example, I believe that Vegeta beat Freeza in RoF but some fans refuse to accept that due to the fact it was Goku who killed him. While Goku killed him, it was Vegeta who humiliated Freeza and beaten him severely. (Yes, I'm aware it was a worn out Freeza).
No offense, Vegeta didn't beat Freeza. Discounting Goku killing Freeza, he blew up the planet in Vegeta's face before he could kill him. That's a lost and Vegeta would be dead if Whis didn't reverse time.
Kanassa wrote:

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Maybe Zen'o gets mad at Goku for Time Travelling and takes the button away as punishment?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:

It was done in every Z-era story arc except for the Androids. Whether it succeeded or not, it was used far too often, especially when we include the movies.
Its not even wither it worked or not. In all of its appearances it played a vital role in the story and against the primary threat. Both Vegeta and Frieza took noticeable damage from it and Buu was kill, three out of four stories is over used even without including the movies.

At the end of the day it suck that the Mafuba was not the final key to winning but at least it takes the strongest person there is to bring Zeno down. So its a plus if you spend your time backing for the villain.

Yes I'm like Garou form one punch man sue me.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:14 pm

HeroR wrote:No offense, Vegeta didn't beat Freeza. Discounting Goku killing Freeza, he blew up the planet in Vegeta's face before he could kill him. That's a lost and Vegeta would be dead if Whis didn't reverse time.
He humiliated him to the point where Freeza had no other option but to destroy Earth under pure rage. That beat down counted as win IMHO.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It was done in every Z-era story arc except for the Androids. Whether it succeeded or not, it was used far too often, especially when we include the movies.
It's considered the Ultimate attack, so why wouldn't it be used. That's like saying we don't want to see the Kamehame anymore because it's used in every story arc.
Kanassa wrote:

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:17 pm

Nekis13 wrote:Maybe Zen'o gets mad at Goku for Time Travelling and takes the button away as punishment?
I was hoping that Zeno gets mad, and for punishment he makes Universe 7 have to fight for their lives in the tournament. (As in if they lose, the Universe is destroyed). Maybe Universe 6 could get dragged in too for some fun interactions, as each universe has a pair.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:18 pm

ryou766 wrote:
HeroR wrote:No offense, Vegeta didn't beat Freeza. Discounting Goku killing Freeza, he blew up the planet in Vegeta's face before he could kill him. That's a lost and Vegeta would be dead if Whis didn't reverse time.
He humiliated him to the point where Freeza had no other option but to destroy Earth under pure rage. That beat down counted as win IMHO.
In a battle that you're the one dead, that isn't a victory. Especially since Freeza killed all of Vegeta's love ones outside of Bulma. Vegeta may have beat Freeza up, but Freeza got the last laugh, until Whis reversed things.
Kanassa wrote:

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: It was done in every Z-era story arc except for the Androids. Whether it succeeded or not, it was used far too often, especially when we include the movies.
It's considered the Ultimate attack, so why wouldn't it be used. That's like saying we don't want to see the Kamehame anymore because it's used in every story arc.
Kamehameha is a comparatively easy attack, and in almost never used as a fix-all. So no, it''s not the same thing. You can't just draw analogies between anything you want, they have to be comparable to what we're talking about, or its useless..The Kamehameha in itself isn't a technique that's used as an end-all, so the comparison doesn't work.
Retired.