"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:49 am

Sonicjamareiz wrote:unlike the anime where its mostly Zamasu with a new hairstyle.
I can't understand how some people keep saying that "it's Zamasu with Black's hair" when that's clearly just wrong. I mean, this is Zamasu:

and this is Merged Zamasu:

The Goku features are blatant, like the nose and even the shape of the head, very different from Zamasu's. The bangs are actually made longer, too.
The Toyotaro's version is hard to judge from that bad scan alone, as it looks more like a weird Goku with pointy ears for now. But i understand that some people will praise Toyotaro even if the next chapter is 40 pages of Goku taking a dump.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:01 am

Araki wrote:
Sonicjamareiz wrote:unlike the anime where its mostly Zamasu with a new hairstyle.
I can't understand how some people keep saying that "it's Zamasu with Black's hair" when that's clearly just wrong. I mean, this is Zamasu:

and this is Merged Zamasu:

The Goku features are blatant, like the nose and even the shape of the head, very different from Zamasu's. The bangs are actually made longer, too.
The Toyotaro's version is hard to judge from that bad scan alone, as it looks more like a weird Goku with pointy ears for now. But i understand that some people will praise Toyotaro even if the next chapter is 40 pages of Goku taking a dump.
Ummmmm what's obvious about the actual facial features from those two pictures?? I guess you could argue very slight differences to the eyes and chin, but even those could be attributed to either the angle or the particular animator rather than a wholely facial design change and direction. I have no idea what your mean about the nose since is from a different angle and lighting. It looks like the same exact size and shape of Zamasu nose but at a different angle.
Last edited by TheMikado on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:04 am

fexus wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
fexus wrote:Why do the kaioshin need a motorcycle? Ugghhhhh. Hate Toyotaro are nerfing even flying. :thumbdown:
It's a nice callback to the old chapter titles in manga. It's the characters doing weird shit, like Bulma piloting WWII jet fighter, Goku riding dinosaurs, fishing, Formula 1 racing etc.
What's that? Silly things in a serious arc? Really Toyotaro? Are you really ruining Dragon Ball? I hate you even more now. :evil:
Is this sarcasm? If not I assume you hate Dragonball as a whole then as he's merely carrying on a tradition set by Toriyama...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:17 am

TheMikado wrote:
fexus wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:
It's a nice callback to the old chapter titles in manga. It's the characters doing weird shit, like Bulma piloting WWII jet fighter, Goku riding dinosaurs, fishing, Formula 1 racing etc.
What's that? Silly things in a serious arc? Really Toyotaro? Are you really ruining Dragon Ball? I hate you even more now. :evil:
Is this sarcasm? If not I assume you hate Dragonball as a whole then as he's merely carrying on a tradition set by Toriyama...
It's obvious he is trying to troll people who said toie doing silly things in middle of serious arc ruins the show..
Well if that wasn't the case.. he could never like Dragonball in the 1st place
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:43 am

New arc been revealed and this thread isn't blowing up? Huh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:New arc been revealed and this thread isn't blowing up? Huh.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Can anyone translate?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:New arc been revealed and this thread isn't blowing up? Huh.
The Filler episodes on paper look to be far better than the previous ones, at least better than the Monaca Arc.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am

November 27: Come here Shenron!! Whose dream will come true?
December 4: Goku vs Arale! The earth comes to an end due to their battle?
December 11: Challenge from Champa Let’s fight in baseball!
December 18: Goku dies! Assassination order that must be performed.

Here too, according to YounkouProductions.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am

“Goku is in danger!? The strongest assassin comes to the 7th universe to kill Goku!! The assassin is ordered by an unknown individual.”

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:51 am

I can't wait until the end of this arc and the manga has skipped Gohan and Future trunks, vastly shortened the training with Vegeta, gotten rid of any development for kid trunks, omitted the "its okay" moment vegeta says to trunks in episode 50, slipped over bulma a death, has much less back story on black and trunks relationship, shortens and development Zamasu gets, gets rid of trunks ptsd like symptoms and more but people will say it's the better version.

On another note, I wish toyotorou was character designer.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:51 am

How do we know the December 18th is the new arc episode and not a random "filler" episode?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 am

Wow not much 'filler' as expected. This makes Toyo's comments even more odd of jumping ahead.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:53 am

Serious filler it seems. :(
I would really prefer they stayed in their slice-of-life and silliness comfort zone. At least we might see Yamcha baseball skills again. I hope they don't ruin Hit...
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:How do we know the December 18th is the new arc episode and not a random "filler" episode?
I think they would announce it like they did with the Trunks Arc, hyping it up as another story written by Mr.Toriyama, doing all the advertisement stops.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Wow not much 'filler' as expected. This makes Toyo's comments even more odd of jumping ahead.
Maybe this arc with Hit will be skipped in the manga and the anime will start the arc that the manga will be moving to sometime in the middle of 2017.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:55 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Wow not much 'filler' as expected. This makes Toyo's comments even more odd of jumping ahead.
Maybe this arc with Hit will be skipped in the manga and the anime will start the arc that the manga will be moving to sometime in the middle of 2017.
I can maybe see that happening yeah.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:57 am

LightBing wrote: I think they would announce it like they did with the Trunks Arc, hyping it up as another story written by Mr.Toriyama, doing all the advertisement stops.
Good point. Does the page say anything about Akira Toriyama? Because his next arc is supposed to be announced at Jump Festa on either the 17th or the 18th, so if he's not mentioned here this could very well be a filler arc.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:58 am

TheMikado wrote: Is this sarcasm? If not I assume you hate Dragonball as a whole then as he's merely carrying on a tradition set by Toriyama...
Clearly sarcasm. But really, if Toei did things like this half the fans will hate it. But never mind that. :lol:
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:59 am

The fight vs Arale is going to cause a lot of controversy, given that she is a female Saitama.

I hope with Hit getting centered in the next arc means we will finally get to see the rest of the U6 fighters and a visit to Planet Salada.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:59 am

Psykomatik wrote:November 27: Come here Shenron!! Whose dream will come true?
December 4: Goku vs Arale! The earth comes to an end due to their battle?
December 11: Challenge from Champa Let’s fight in baseball!
December 18: Goku dies! Assassination order that must be performed.

Here too, according to YounkouProductions.
I'm actually excited for that baseball filler! Gohan playing baseball was amazing.

Hit coming back is even better though! He's way too badass to leave the series for good. I hope he replaces Piccolo and Kyabe replaces Gohan if they don't want to do anything with those characters after all.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 am

Knowing Toyotarou, he will possibly skip this entire ''filer'' (which isn't) mini-arc. I hope not, but he's always doing that thing, which I don't like.
Last edited by YonedgeHP on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!