"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Noah wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Fake interview.
Nope.
Dragon Ball Adventure Special Toriyma Q & A wrote:If Goku and Arale fought, who do you think would win?
I guess Arale’s probably stronger.
This interview happened around 1987, around Daimao Arc. This means 'No Gag Arale at best is only around 22nd or 23rd TB Goku.
Toriyama isn't saying that Arale is on that level, he is saying that Arale is stronger than that level. Which we know from her feats.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Why are people under the impression that the Mafuba was pointless in the Black arc? It did it's job it's what caused the fusion between the enemy pair. I loved how Zamasu then realised that toying with the mortals was a bad idea since well they demonstrated what they can do. In that regard the Mafuba fullfilled it's purpose.

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:03 pm

By the way, since now there are 2 versions of Future Trunks in one Future Timeline, maybe the one from that world became a Time Patroller, as we see in XenoVerse & Heroes, while the other one stayed on Earth with Mai.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:05 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:By the way, since now there are 2 versions of Future Trunks in one Future Timeline, maybe the one from that world became a Time Patroller, as we see in XenoVerse & Heroes, while the other one stayed on Earth with Mai.
Image
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2201
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why are people under the impression that the Mafuba was pointless in the Black arc? It did it's job it's what caused the fusion between the enemy pair. I loved how Zamasu then realised that toying with the mortals was a bad idea since well they demonstrated what they can do. In that regard the Mafuba fullfilled it's purpose.
Still pointless.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 929
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by nite_jay » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why are people under the impression that the Mafuba was pointless in the Black arc? It did it's job it's what caused the fusion between the enemy pair. I loved how Zamasu then realised that toying with the mortals was a bad idea since well they demonstrated what they can do. In that regard the Mafuba fullfilled it's purpose.
Still pointless.
The Mafuba was just a plot device. Without it, the plot wouldn't have moved along.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:18 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why are people under the impression that the Mafuba was pointless in the Black arc? It did it's job it's what caused the fusion between the enemy pair. I loved how Zamasu then realised that toying with the mortals was a bad idea since well they demonstrated what they can do. In that regard the Mafuba fullfilled it's purpose.
Still pointless.
Did you even read what I wrote? How is it still pointless? Was Goku going SS against Freeza pointless then because Goku still didn't end up killing Freeza?

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:33 pm

kinisking wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:If Kaio is wished back to life, I'll be disappointed.
Let the man be happy :lol:
I don't know that I'd be disappointed, but I'm certainly not expecting him to be wished back. His nearly getting wished back seems to be shaping up into a running gag.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:35 pm

I hope they show King Kai saying the other Kai's make fun of him for being dead, like they did in the Pikkon arc.

User avatar
Psykomatik
Regular
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Psykomatik » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:43 pm

They already did in episode 3.

Anyway, now i'm not surprised that King Ryu is writing the next episode: He's the only one at Toei who's giving a shit about this running gag, and i love it (see: ep 29, 43 and now this.)

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Psykomatik wrote:They already did in episode 3.

Anyway, now i'm not surprised that King Ryu is writing the next episode: He's the only one at Toei who's giving a shit about this running gag, and i love it (see: ep 29, 43 and now this.)
Supposedly the up coming episode is Fukushima and King Ryu is the Goku VS Arale episode.

User avatar
Psykomatik
Regular
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Psykomatik » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Oh, shit, really? Well, these two are giving a shit about Kaio at least. :D
Do you know who's writing the episode with Champa and the baseball stuff?

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:18 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:By the way, since now there are 2 versions of Future Trunks in one Future Timeline, maybe the one from that world became a Time Patroller, as we see in XenoVerse & Heroes, while the other one stayed on Earth with Mai.
I'd like to see them permenantly fuse, creating time patrol trunks.

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Is anyone else baffled about having 2 Zen-oh in one timeline?

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Whenever the universal Tournament starts and there are 2 Zenos there I wonder how the other universes with react to it.

I imagine they are going to be looking for someone to blame.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2201
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why are people under the impression that the Mafuba was pointless in the Black arc? It did it's job it's what caused the fusion between the enemy pair. I loved how Zamasu then realised that toying with the mortals was a bad idea since well they demonstrated what they can do. In that regard the Mafuba fullfilled it's purpose.
Still pointless.
Did you even read what I wrote? How is it still pointless? Was Goku going SS against Freeza pointless then because Goku still didn't end up killing Freeza?
Uhm maybe because it didn't seal him away? Because it failed to do so, allowing them to fuse and become an even bigger threath? That's why.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5362
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:38 pm

- Universe 10 GoD-

Can't believe FT Trunks arc just ended and they didn't even bother to mention the God of Destruction from Universe 10.
With the link between Kaioshin and God of Destruction revealed in this arc, his/her name should have been brought to conversation. I'm more disappointed about that, than we don't have a name for FT Trunks new form yet.

I was also thinking how Universe 10 GoD would react when he/she find out Beerus killed Zamasu, someone from his/her Universe.
Beerus is assigned to Universe 7 and he shouldn't mess with the balance of other Universes. In this case Beerus saved Universe 10 GoD life by saving Gowasu, but not everyone is thankful, and Universe 10 GoD could not like what he did and things would get spicy really quick. I would like they went that route, but in the end not even his/her name was mentioned. :thumbdown:

- Arale vs Goku-

I feel like Arale vs Goku episode may ruin some people power levels charts again, because they don't know who she is and that little girl will give Goku a hard time. It will be fun.
It would be even better if it was Arale vs SSB Vegetto. :lol: :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:47 pm

I like how Bulma put her RoF look back on in the NEP.

Goku, Vegeta, what are y'all waiting for?

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7607
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:49 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- Universe 10 GoD-

Can't believe FT Trunks arc just ended and they didn't even bother to mention the God of Destruction from Universe 10.
With the link between Kaioshin and God of Destruction revealed in this arc, his/her name should have been brought to conversation. I'm more disappointed about that, than we don't have a name for FT Trunks new form yet.

I was also thinking how Universe 10 GoD would react when he/she find out Beerus killed Zamasu, someone from his/her Universe.
Beerus is assigned to Universe 7 and he shouldn't mess with the balance of other Universes. In this case Beerus saved Universe 10 GoD life by saving Gowasu, but not everyone is thankful, and Universe 10 GoD could not like what he did and things would get spicy really quick. I would like they went that route, but in the end not even his/her name was mentioned. :thumbdown:
I'm disappointed as much as you, I mean if they expanded the universe in BoG saying that are other eleven Hakaishins, that arc would be perfect to introduce the one from Universe 10, can't believe Toriyama didn't think about that or just don't care, is like Beerus is his small pet :problem:


On other topic:
What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Noah wrote:On other topic:[/b] What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
Why would they?

Post Reply