"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Noah wrote:On other topic: What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
Why would they?
Kinda awkward to live in a world with copies of yourself, but that's just me.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:39 pm

I feel like Beerus saying that Goku and the others rely on the gods too much will probably be a major story event later on.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Noah wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Noah wrote:On other topic: What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
Why would they?
I think it'd be interesting for the powered up Trunks to train his duplicate. :D

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm

What is with people hoping Trunks kills the other Trunks? I can't comprehend this?

Even Vegeta wouldn't kill another Vegeta.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:55 pm

Noah wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Why would they?
Oh course it would be awkward, but it would be fucked up to actually fucking murder them, dude.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 am

They could be swinging couples :wink:

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 am

Noah wrote: On other topic: What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
I really doubt they would intentionally kill their other selves, though this whole concept made me think of the Rick & Morty episode where after their dimension got totally fucked up, they went to a similar dimension where the other versions of themselves had just died and seamlessly slipped into their other selves' lives. So maybe if the other Trunks and Mai accidentally died this scenario could play out, but I doubt that's what they were going for :lol:
alakazam^ wrote:They could be swinging couples :wink:
Literally the first thought I had when they talked about going to live in a timeline with their other selves. Wonder if they'll all share a good long hug like Black and Zamasu did :wink: (come to think of it, we also had Omni-King encountering his other self...what's up with all these characters meeting themselves?!)

...but then later I thought, are Trunks and Mai even a couple in the other timeline? It seemed like in the anime they met because of the resistance force against Black, so if that's not happening there, would they even know each other? Would they decide to get together after seeing that they became a couple under different circumstances? Or would they find the whole thing weird and avoid each other (only to end up together anyway, romantic comedy style)? Would they all live together at Capsule Corporation, giving Bulma two sets of identical sons and daughters-in-law? If she called out "Trunks" and both of them answered, how would they distinguish themselves? Would it even count as cheating if they switched partners? There're so many questions! :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:21 am

This awkward situation already happen in the present with Kid Trunks and Mai.

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:34 am

Noah wrote:
emperior wrote:
precita wrote:Pan looks sick in the preview, maybe a wish would be to restore her health?
I thought the same. It's probably going to be like that.
Isn't kinda silly to rely in DBs for usual everyday things? And freaking Mr. Satan is rich, Pan could have the best attendance in the best hospital of Earth :|
Yalos wrote:I'm so hyped to Goku vs. Arale. I always wnted to see a match betwen them, because Arale is freaking OP.
Low Daimao tier is not OP, mate
When did King Piccolo played vollyball with planets, cracked the sun, destroyed the moon by throwing a rock at him and ran around the earth in servel minutes? (sorry for my bad english)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 am

I think the biggest missed opportunity in the arc was not having Bra been born. Trunks might not ever see his sister now.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I think the biggest missed opportunity in the arc was not having Bra been born. Trunks might not ever see his sister now.
Yeah this is really wasted. Would be lovely to see him with little Bra

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 am

sailorspazz wrote:
Noah wrote: On other topic: What if Trunks and Mai decided to kill their doppelgangers? Would you guys find this dark? I actually would find interesting
I really doubt they would intentionally kill their other selves, though this whole concept made me think of the Rick & Morty episode where after their dimension got totally fucked up, they went to a similar dimension where the other versions of themselves had just died and seamlessly slipped into their other selves' lives. So maybe if the other Trunks and Mai accidentally died this scenario could play out, but I doubt that's what they were going for :lol:
Or like the Jet Li movie, The One.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 am

I can see our Future Trunks and Mai deciding to stay away from their duplicates to not interfiere with their lives.

Or hell, maybe go to Cell's timeline. The Bulma there must be lonely.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm

This is actually the first time in a long while that i'm NOT hyped for the next episode! xD

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:30 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:This is actually the first time in a long while that i'm NOT hyped for the next episode! xD
Relate to that..
It's my exams going so it's a good thing I won't think about Dragonball for a while.. it's all stuff with little to no hype..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:37 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:This is actually the first time in a long while that i'm NOT hyped for the next episode! xD
Not hyped as such but looking forward nontheless. These types of episodes I love.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:00 pm

I need a render of Future Mai's new outfit NOW! :D Speaking of which, does anyone have any screenshots of it? I'd ask in the episode thread, but I figure it'd go unnoticed with how active it most likely is.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:41 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Haven't seen it on this forum, this looks like Akira Toriyama's character design for Black Super Saiyan Rose, do you know what's written on it?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:01 pm

emperior wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Haven't seen it on this forum, this looks like Akira Toriyama's character design for Black Super Saiyan Rose, do you know what's written on it?
I may be in the minority but I love Toriyama's current art style. In particular, how he draws SSJ-like hair. It just looks so wavy and wild.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
emperior wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I may be in the minority but I love Toriyama's current art style. In particular, how he draws SSJ-like hair. It just looks so wavy and wild.

I also love it too, I don't actually care about him slimming down everyone because he draws much more realistic muscles nowadays. I actually think if he were to draw a DBS manga with his current artstyle I would like it a lot. I especially love his SSB Goku drawing. Black and Zamasu were especially great this arc because they were more similar to Toriyama's current art style. But I also understand why Toei don't want to slim down Goku and Vegeta, but I wouldn't mind it if they slimmed them down too.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical