"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:The other Hakaishins are also Cats like Beerus and Shampa :lol: (Atleast for what I could see in that teaser :P )
Not surprised :lol:
ArchedThunder wrote:Nope, only two have cat ears poking out of their head gear and those are Beerus and Champa.
I'm confused, is there a consesus about that yet? Are they all cats or not?
SonsOfUlron21 wrote:I'm sorry but Whis's father looks like a villain.
I'm starting to think the same :think:
Last edited by Noah on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:Can people stop saying this will be the final arc? There is nothing that says this will be.
The Buu saga in the manga and the Shadow Dragon arc in GT never said that they would be the last arc in the series. So who knows. It won't surprise me if Toei does end up with this arc and announces a sequel show afterwards.
Why would they make a sequel show? What sense does that make.
Cipher wrote:
Makaioshin wrote:I'm most excited to see all the designs of these gods even if we only see them briefly.
A few pages back someone mentioned the idea of Black somehow being on U10's team which would obviously be silly. Still, it made me think of the idea of the Kaioshin from U10's twin universe being a Zamasu twin...but I guess it isn't like U6's gods look anything like Kaioshin.
I still want(ed) Freeza to wind up on the Universe 7 team. Universal survival provides the perfect excuse for Beerus to go rogue and resurrect the other strongest guy in Universe 7 for his team.
Like a loose cannon like Freeza can be trusted. He would shoot Goku and vegeta in the back, survival be damn.
Last edited by HeroR on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Noah wrote:I'm confused, is there a consesus about that yet? Are they all cats or not?
The number of cats cannot yet be determined.

If we put the scene in a box with a toxic gas set to be released with a trigger based on a radioactive source's activity, they are either all cats or none of them are cats until the observer views the result.
HeroR wrote:Like a loose cannon like Freeza can be trusted. He would shoot Goku and vegeta in the back, survival be damn.
Exactly! I'd be completely down for watching Freeza torn between self-interests in staying out of Hell, saving his universe and not angering Beerus, and his undying grudge toward Goku and Vegeta.
Last edited by Cipher on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:49 pm

Noah wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:The other Hakaishins are also Cats like Beerus and Shampa :lol: (Atleast for what I could see in that teaser :P )
Not surprised :lol:
ArchedThunder wrote:Nope, only two have cat ears poking out of their head gear and those are Beerus and Champa.
I'm confused, is there a consesus about that yet? Are they all cats or not?
We can't be sure, but its true there are only two sets of kitty ears at sight, wich happens to be from Beerus and Shampa. I just assumed they were all cats since I thought the Beerus and East Kaioshin part were other characters because of the clothes, but its them :lol:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 pm

So the question is will they get time to train and prepare. I think they had at least 7 days the first time. Can't wait for "Our universe is destroyed if we lose.....you got this Dad, Vegeta, I ain't preparing for shit!"
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 pm

Now that it's confirmed that every universe will have to bring 10 fighters..a couple of thoughts:

a) i doubt we'll see the U7 team fighting, say, 30 different characters. That would be overkill. An interruption after the first set of universe vs universe matches is sounding like a good bet.
b) obviously, not every contestant from other universes will be SS Blue level. so it's perfectly possible to expect the likes of Kuririn and Tenshinhan to win a fight, if Toriyama/Toei want.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:52 pm

If you see the panel where they're all Bowing down look at that arm resemble another cat.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:56 pm

SonsOfUlron21 wrote:If you see the panel where they're all Bowing down look at that arm resemble another cat.
The only arm we clearly see is Beerus'. We barely see the hands of the others behind them.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Cipher wrote:
Noah wrote:I'm confused, is there a consesus about that yet? Are they all cats or not?
The number of cats cannot yet be determined.

If we put the scene in a box with a toxic gas set to be released with a trigger based on a radioactive source's activity, they are either all cats or none of them are cats until the observer views the result.
HeroR wrote:Like a loose cannon like Freeza can be trusted. He would shoot Goku and vegeta in the back, survival be damn.
Exactly! I'd be completely down for watching Freeza torn between self-interests in staying out of Hell, saving his universe and not angering Beerus, and his undying grudge toward Goku and Vegeta.
I wouldn't because the heroes would be dumb to revive him. And Freeza will always chose his own interest over surviving or are we forgetting that this is the same moron who shot Super Saiyan Goku in the back while he was missing more than half of his body.
Araki wrote:Now that it's confirmed that every universe will have to bring 10 fighters..a couple of thoughts:

a) i doubt we'll see the U7 team fighting, say, 30 different characters. That would be overkill. An interruption after the first set of universe vs universe matches is sounding like a good bet.
b) obviously, not every contestant from other universes will be SS Blue level. so it's perfectly possible to expect the likes of Kuririn and Tenshinhan to win a fight, if Toriyama/Toei want.
That wouldn't explain Roshi unless some universe got some weaklings in it.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:02 am

HeroR wrote:That wouldn't explain Roshi unless some universe got some weaklings in it.
Well, yeah, that's why i didn't bring him up, lol.
Still curious to see what's the story behind his pick and whether they'll think of Yamcha.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 am

Araki wrote:
SonsOfUlron21 wrote:If you see the panel where they're all Bowing down look at that arm resemble another cat.
The only arm we clearly see is Beerus'. We barely see the hands of the others behind them.
Since when did Beerus wears cloak unless that's what they wear when meeting the Omni-King.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 am

So, if this arcs starts in February, we'll have an entire month (January) of filler, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:04 am

Araki wrote:
HeroR wrote:That wouldn't explain Roshi unless some universe got some weaklings in it.
Well, yeah, that's why i didn't bring him up, lol.
Still curious to see what's the story behind his pick and whether they'll think of Yamcha.
I still don't like the universe being destroyed angle, especially since we know characters from U6 and from U10 with Gowasu. Seems weird and pointless to waste them.
Kanassa wrote:

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:05 am

Is there a clearer image of the group shot of all the Destroyer Gods?

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:09 am

Araki wrote:
Thats Shampa's
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:09 am

I hope we see some designs tomorrow. Even if it's just the Hakaishins.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:11 am

With these stakes, it's a good thing Beerus doesn't bring Monaka, though Goku will probably ask about him. I was worried that Monaka might be dragged along before the poster of the U7 team came up.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am

So anyone seen the jump festa teaser? I just did (sorry am on my phone and dunno how to copy the YouTube url but I found the link on db-z.com) But holy banana... [spoiler]The losers will get their universe destroyed?! Sounds like an end arc to me...[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 am

Noah wrote:So, if this arcs starts in February, we'll have an entire month (January) of filler, right?
I think the 1st week of January won't have an episode.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 am

So Toei is using the manga as a base for this arc? This is great, we may get more consistent animation now, and less mixups between the 2 mediums.
I'm guessing Whis' dad will be the final boss of the tournament. Also this is Goku's fault, if he didn't suggest the U6 tournament, none of this would be happening. Now a ton of deaths will be on his hands.