"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:32 pm

These next few episodes sound really interesting. Especially the last two. Should be fun.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:32 pm

I don't care at all for Freeza, Cell or Majin Boo coming back. Whether it's an illusion or a dream. I just hope that Norio Wakamoto delivers a good performance considering how much he's been phoning it in as Cell recently.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Kind of ironic they're saying Boo is back when Fat Buu still exists.

I assume the Buu Goku will see is Kid Buu.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:34 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:That means there has been a little time skip. I still don't know why so many people are excited for bulla to appear when she is not going to be important.
I think they are happy for the sake of continuity, of course she won't do anything as a baby.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:36 pm

precita wrote:Come to think of it do you think Trunks/Goten were left out of the promos for the new tournament because they have new older designs?
They may be older in this is arc but will not participate in the tournament as we know the 10 fighters for team Universe 7.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 pm

You're not fucking with me this time? MY GIRL IS COMING!? BULLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I feel like I'm going to cry. I've been waiting for this for so long. Of course, Bulma almost being due doesn't necessarily mean that Bulla will actually show up during the episode, but this is all the acknowledgement I wanted. And now I have all I need to destroy everyone who tries to claim that she's a GT character. :mrgreen:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Sounds like Gohan is still too weak to be a training partner for Goku, for those who were hoping his(Gohan's) training was paying great dividends behind the scenes.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:38 pm

omaro34 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:That means there has been a little time skip. I still don't know why so many people are excited for bulla to appear when she is not going to be important.
I think they are happy for the sake of continuity, of course she won't do anything as a baby.
Either way it gives hope that Pan, Bra, and Uub might be used in the future. Maybe even Maron too.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Alruneia wrote:And now I have all I need to destroy everyone who tries to claim that she's a GT character. :mrgreen:
Why would anyone think Bra was a GT character unless they didn't watch the last 3 episodes of DBZ?

percula

Post by percula » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:39 pm

I can't believe that Bra is going to appear, finally!! The next arc already sounded amazing, but now... Such a wish come true!! Cannot wait for episode 77 :clap:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Simere wrote:Sounds like Gohan is still too weak to be a training partner for Goku, for those who were hoping his(Gohan's) training was paying great dividends behind the scenes.
If it was about strength he wouldn't go to krillin as a training partner. Gohan probably has to go to work or something. I'm still really excited because Goku and Krillin have great chemistry. Better than Piccolo or Vegeta ever had with Goku in my opinion.

I'll never get this bra hype and confusion. She had absolutely no interesting characteristics and barely any screen time in both Z and gt. Oh well, as long as it makes other people happy I guess?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:45 pm

precita wrote:
Alruneia wrote:And now I have all I need to destroy everyone who tries to claim that she's a GT character. :mrgreen:
Why would anyone think Bra was a GT character unless they didn't watch the last 3 episodes of DBZ?
You answered your own question, essentially. I run into people who dismiss EoZ as a part of GT strangely often. Not here on Kanzenshuu, but other places, such as Youtube or Facebook.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 pm

My hunch was right, there wasn't much of interest for me. :(

I do however like having Krillin back for a bit. He's usually pretty good.

Bra I'm neutral on. She was someone I wanted to see at the start of Super, but I'm at the point where I don't care.

I don't like "hey remember this guy" stuff, so the Freeza Cell Kid Buu thing does nothing for me.

Is Gokû hunting for a training partner because Vegeta's ignoring him to focus on pregnant Bulma? Reads that way.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Alruneia wrote:
precita wrote:
You answered your own question, essentially. I run into people who dismiss EoZ as a part of GT strangely often. Not here on Kanzenshuu, but other places, such as Youtube or Facebook.
YouTube is infuriating. It's like talking to a brick wall.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:52 pm

These next few episodes sound great. I feel like Super is really hitting a good stride going into the new stuff.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 pm

precita wrote:
They were people who thought Pan was a GT character.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:56 pm

So why would Goku ask Gohan to train as when if he is not training with Vegeta he shoulf juld ask Piccolo or Tien as they actually train.

Episode 77 will probably end with Goku travelling to the see the 2 Zenos with 78 the announcement of the tournament and its format. The format for the tournament is the thing I want to know more than anything.
kinisking wrote:
Simere wrote:Sounds like Gohan is still too weak to be a training partner for Goku, for those who were hoping his(Gohan's) training was paying great dividends behind the scenes.
If it was about strength he wouldn't go to krillin as a training partner. Gohan probably has to go to work or something. I'm still really excited because Goku and Krillin have great chemistry. Better than Piccolo or Vegeta ever had with Goku in my opinion.
They are all good with Goku. He should do a little bit of training with Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo and Tien when he is not training with Whis.

Gohan probably goes great Saiyaman and Goku probably thinks to himself," oh no, not this crap again" and just flies away leaving Gohan posing alone.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:Bloomer is pregnant with Bra in episode 77 and it's not long until she is born. Her fans can rejoice :thumbup:

Geekdom will be happy. He has been complaining about Bra for over a year, saying her not being born at this moment is a plot hole, despite the original manga never given a date of birth. Only the guides.

Personally, I want to see that Goku and Krillin episode. The original BFF.

She should've at least been pregnant bro, and she is now!
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:00 pm

So is Bulma going to be pregnant throughout the whole tournament arc? Last time I checked, it takes 9 months to deliver a baby.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:So why would Goku ask Gohan to train as when if he is not training with Vegeta he shoulf juld ask Piccolo or Tien as they actually train.

Episode 77 will probably end with Goku travelling to the see the 2 Zenos with 78 the announcement of the tournament and its format. The format for the tournament is the thing I want to know more than anything.
kinisking wrote:
They are all good with Goku. He should do a little bit of training with Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo and Tien when he is not training with Whis.

Gohan probably goes great Saiyaman and Goku probably thinks to himself," oh no, not this crap again" and just flies away leaving Gohan posing alone.
Toei clearly making up for all that missed Gohan screentime.