"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Riczi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 am

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 am

Riczi wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8FNR4EXgAAX9oC.jpg
What's written here?
17 is SSGSS level of strength... Haha just kidding nothing new at all it seems.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

pacz360 wrote:Akira gives both toei and toyotoro an outline on how this is in arc and let them do it in their own way.
Yes both have completely different main characters. the anime has Trunks and Goku while the manga has Vegeta. I doubt the outline was so simple that they could each pick their main character.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:If anything it's Toyo the one who is doing what he wants.
Toyo said in his most recent interview that he doesn't change Toriyama's main plot points. the main character is a main plot point so if it's Vegeta in the manga then chances are he is in the outline as well. Another thing is that the manga is a side product so the chances of him having the power to make major changes like that are very slim if even that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 pm

sintzu wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Akira gives both toei and toyotoro an outline on how this is in arc and let them do it in their own way.
Yes both have completely different main characters. the anime has Trunks and Goku while the manga has Vegeta. I doubt the outline was so simple that they could each pick their main character.
Toyo said in his most recent interview that he doesn't change Toriyama's main plot points. the main character is a main plot point so if it's Vegeta in the manga then chances are he is in the outline as well. Another thing is that the manga is a side product so the chances of him having the power to make major changes like that are very slim if even that.
Vegeta was still a main character in the black arc and the only one that was able to beat black without the latter pulling out another zenkai.
Both toyo and toei have their own way of doing based on tori basic outline.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
What's written here?
Really nothing huh?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:34 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
What's written here?
Really nothing huh?
It's mostly just... hey remember these guys? They're coming back for this tournament.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
What's written here?
Lol you're the devil !

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
We've had no comment from Toei one way or the other on how closely they follow the outline, why assume Toyotaro isnt telling the truth?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:38 pm

sintzu wrote:
Then there is a small chance we get a genkidama moment in the manga but with Goku instead of Trunks? Which would kill Merged Zamasu, theN Gygias show up and destroys the timeline, and Goku finds the button to summon Zeno and it goes like the anime.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
That was before, this is now. Toriyama recommended he do his own thing. This ssg shit is definitely not from Toriyama.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:16 pm

kinisking wrote:
sintzu wrote:
That was before, this is now. Toriyama recommended he do his own thing. This ssg shit is definitely not from Toriyama.
The same can be said of Kaioken x SSB.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:39 pm

TheMikado wrote: The same can be said of Kaioken x SSB.
Especially considering Kaioken SUper Siayan was a Toei idea in DBZ... Then again, I'm pretty sure fusion was their idea as well and that made Toriyama invent the Potara version. Or am I remembering that backwards?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Especially considering Kaioken SUper Siayan was a Toei idea in DBZ... Then again, I'm pretty sure fusion was their idea as well and that made Toriyama invent the Potara version. Or am I remembering that backwards?
I think everyone knows kaioken SSB is a Toei idea. Toei and Toyo making their own ideas aren't inherently bad. I don't dislike the SSG stuff in the manga, but let's not pretend Toyo doesn't do his own thing too.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm

kinisking wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I think everyone knows kaioken SSB is a Toei idea. Toei and Toyo making their own ideas aren't inherently bad. I don't dislike the SSG stuff in the manga, but let's not pretend Toyo doesn't do his own thing too.
I wasn't pretending, I was simply agreeing that Kioken SSB is almost certainly a TOEI thing
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Kanassa wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Especially considering Kaioken SUper Siayan was a Toei idea in DBZ... Then again, I'm pretty sure fusion was their idea as well and that made Toriyama invent the Potara version. Or am I remembering that backwards?
I wasn't pretending, I was simply agreeing that Kioken SSB is almost certainly a TOEI thing
I wasnt speaking to you in particular when I was talking about pretending.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:17 pm

TheMikado wrote:
kinisking wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Actually we still do not know, if Toei made that up then Toriyama would have said so instead he said Toei break the outline into scripts, expand things and move things around, he didn't mention anything about Toei making changes.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
kinisking wrote: That was before, this is now. Toriyama recommended he do his own thing. This ssg shit is definitely not from Toriyama.
Actually we still do not know, if Toei made that up then Toriyama would have said so instead he said Toei break the outline into scripts, expand things and move things around, he didn't mention anything about Toei making changes.
"Expand things, move things around"
That can pass for them making kaioken up.. it's clear they made that up, if toriyama wanted that we would get it in the manga..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
kinisking wrote: That was before, this is now. Toriyama recommended he do his own thing. This ssg shit is definitely not from Toriyama.
The things you just listed are examples of making changes... :eh:
We have no similar statement from Toei saying they don't alter the outline too much.
The only evidence we have that Toyotaro can make changes is that Toriyama said he can, however Toyotaro himself has said he tries to stick closely to the outline.

Doesn't matter either way, its clear they both change things, but thinking Toyotaro who stated he tries not to change things, vs Toei which is not only notorious for it, but haven't stated something similar is well... Idk someone help me with the word for this?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
"Expand things, move things around"
That can pass for them making kaioken up.. it's clear they made that up, if toriyama wanted that we would get it in the manga..
In what world does that equal making KK up?
Again how is it clear? Toriyama never designed a SSG Vegeta and we got that (horrible) thing in the Manga, Toyo said he was gonna be ahead of the anime soon how's that panned out? People gladly take his word but ignore when Toriyama flat out said what Toei do to his outline.
If things overlap then we can say for sure it was in the outline if it wasn't then we can't say with certainty simple as that.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Toyotaro said in advance how the Black arc would follow deliberately different ways. Note how he never said "it's gonna be closer to Toriyama's outline" instead, and that came after Toriyama said he should insert his own ideas. But if anyone wants to believe he's not doing that, more power for them i guess, lol. It's so clear he's making a lot of shit up.