"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri May 05, 2017 9:58 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Former rage berserker vs present rage berserker, Gohan vs female Broly needs to happen
I'm more interested in Goku or Piccolo fighting a Female Broly personally for some reason.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Neon Z wrote: But then he just stayed like that from then on, even when unconscious and after being resurrected. Still, at least like this it seems like it might help it get written more consistently from this point on. Previously, it didn't seem like there was any consensus about how it was supposed to work. Even now they seem to have forgotten that he originally got the fully outlined eyes from going Ultimate, not the bang.
At that point there wasn't a distinction between his base and ultimate forms, now we have the bang to tell them apart.
You mean like the changed face lines and his more serious look which Piccolo even pointed out

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri May 05, 2017 11:10 am

Kishido wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Neon Z wrote: But then he just stayed like that from then on, even when unconscious and after being resurrected. Still, at least like this it seems like it might help it get written more consistently from this point on. Previously, it didn't seem like there was any consensus about how it was supposed to work. Even now they seem to have forgotten that he originally got the fully outlined eyes from going Ultimate, not the bang.
At that point there wasn't a distinction between his base and ultimate forms, now we have the bang to tell them apart.
You mean like the changed face lines and his more serious look which Piccolo even pointed out
Wait so Is the bang officially what tells us if he's in his ultimate "transformation" or not? Seems silly that this is auddebly a thing. Especially following all the movies Toei made.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 05, 2017 11:12 am

TheMikado wrote: Wait so Is the bang officially what tells us if he's in his ultimate "transformation" or not? Seems silly that this is auddebly a thing. Especially following all the movies Toei made.
It is.. episode 90 image has gohan without a bang once again, so he will inevitably powerup to ultimate and get it back..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri May 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Gohan bang has been on and off since he was a kid. He is ultimate again but his bang isnt a way to identify it with accuracy.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:36 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Former rage berserker vs present rage berserker, Gohan vs female Broly needs to happen
I'm more interested in Goku or Piccolo fighting a Female Broly personally for some reason.
Please don't say that, it reminds me of my worst nightmare ever since this all started that Female Broly would KO one of the team members of Universe 7 and it ends up being Piccolo. If this happens right off the bat without him fighting I'll be chocked. lol
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Speaking of Caulifla and the other Saiyan girl, if they were to have a serious fight, I hope the show doesn't hold back in delivering good and brutal punches just because they are girls. We need violence equality for both sides.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Speaking of Caulifla and the other Saiyan girl, if they were to have a serious fight, I hope the show doesn't hold back in delivering good and brutal punches just because they are girls. We need violence equality for both sides.
It's time to see some good ruthless level beat downs on both sides..
We haven't had a good one sided beatdown in ages, it all went poop poop you're down
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Speaking of Caulifla and the other Saiyan girl, if they were to have a serious fight, I hope the show doesn't hold back in delivering good and brutal punches just because they are girls. We need violence equality for both sides.
We haven't had a good one sided beatdown in ages, it all went poop poop you're down
Uhhhh, Vegeta against Black ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 05, 2017 3:49 pm

kinisking wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Uhhhh, Vegeta against Black ?
Poop poop "oh so it was rage, I ma try it!" And it's done..

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri May 05, 2017 3:56 pm

The last and only good girl beatdown in the franchise was Videl vs Spopovitch, we need more of that in the tournament.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The last and only good girl beatdown in the franchise was Videl vs Spopovitch, we need more of that in the tournament.
We definitely do, I nominate 18 to get butchered by i don't know some storng guy

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 05, 2017 4:05 pm

omaro34 wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
Please don't say that, it reminds me of my worst nightmare ever since this all started that Female Broly would KO one of the team members of Universe 7 and it ends up being Piccolo. If this happens right off the bat without him fighting I'll be chocked. lol
You always seem to think negatively when it comes to Piccolo. It would be Vegeta most likely who would end up losing easily against someone like female Broly after beating Cabba.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri May 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: We definitely do, I nominate 18 to get butchered by i don't know some storng guy
I nominate Caulifla, Jiren can take the butcher role.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Welp, so there are two female saiyans after all. Called it!
They would need a good reason to make it convincing why Caulifla, who seems to be a punk, would use lipstick and earrings for a Tournament.

"To caught other fighters off guard" they said...
That wouldn't carry her far in a battle royal against other 70 fighters fighting for their lives.

Hopefully the comments "Toei is changing Toriyama's designs" will stop now.

As for their recruitment, I hope we see it happening on-screen. These build up episodes are always more interesting when we see what the other Universes are doing and Caulifla's recruitment is something I definitely didn't want to happen off-screen.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 05, 2017 4:36 pm

So we've effectively got more female Saiyans?

I dig it.

I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Kale, too.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Then Caulifla might be the goggles/bandana girl shown in the OP, and the pointy ears is probably Toeis mistake :think:

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri May 05, 2017 4:59 pm

omaro34 wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
I can't recall a fight Piccolo lost and got one-shotted in canon outside of Beerus. I don't see Piccolo going down all that quick, but I also don't see him lasting until the end imo.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: I'm more interested in Goku or Piccolo fighting a Female Broly personally for some reason.
You always seem to think negatively when it comes to Piccolo. It would be Vegeta most likely who would end up losing easily against someone like female Broly after beating Cabba.
I wouldn't completely agree with that. You're right that Veggie boy is the Prince of all Jobbers, but Piccolo certainly is familiar with getting his green posterior thoroughly trashed as well. After all, Vegeta possibly getting stomped doesn't at all mean others won't.
perucho1990 wrote:Then Caulifla might be the goggles/bandana girl shown in the OP, and the pointy ears is probably Toeis mistake :think:
It's also possibly Caulifla isn't in the opening at all.
Last edited by TheMathemagician on Fri May 05, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri May 05, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm am getting more and more worried for poor #18. There are some pretty beastly women turning up for this tournament.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Fri May 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I'm am getting more and more worried for poor #18. There are some pretty beastly women turning up for this tournament.
I've had a feeling for a while that #18 will be one of the first to fall in the tournament from U7 in a manner that'll get Krillin and #17 upset and motivate those two even more.

I mean, what bigger motivator to win is there (not including your universe being erased) than to avenge your defeated wife/sister. I could see #18 getting taken out by someone strong and then Krillin and #17 teaming up to take that person down.