"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Dragon Ball (Super) is making so much fucking money, it's insane. It's made more than twice the amount of money than One Piece has and is catching up fucking Gundam. And keep in mind the toyline in the US hasn't been released yet. It's gonna make even more money after that. Super is going to last for many more years.
It's great to see Dragon Ball doing so well! Hopefully that continues for years to come.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed May 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Thats awesome news , nice to see this franchise doing well.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

That's great, the rise is pretty neat!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed May 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Speaking of Money and Frieza, I finally sat down and watched One Piece Gold today...go I wish I liked in Japan. Seeing those two back to back would have been awesome.

I think I'll make it part of my Frieza marathon I''ll do for E93, it feels like a sister movie.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Dragon Ball (Super) is making so much fucking money, it's insane. It's made more than twice the amount of money than One Piece has and is catching up fucking Gundam. And keep in mind the toyline in the US hasn't been released yet. It's gonna make even more money after that. Super is going to last for many more years.
I don't get it what is so special about this Gundam to be Top #1?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 10, 2017 8:38 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
I don't get it what is so special about this Gundam to be Top #1?
Gundam model kits are massively popular in Japan.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 pm

So glad to see Super making so much money. I'm not sure if I'd want Super to continue on too much longer (Unless they plan on going past the end of Z), but if they did I wouldn't complain. Maybe end Super and just put out a few more movies instead?

As far as Freeza returning, I'm hyped. I don't think only revealing so many members from the beginning and having the final be a mystery would be such a good idea. People would have speculated and Freeza would have ended up being a possibility in fans' eyes a long time ago. At least this way, it's completely out of left field and the entire base is shocked. Angry or not, it stirs up a lot of reactions. I definitely would have liked Buu to participate, but I'm excited to see how Freeza plays out/interacts with everyone on a team and the other multiverse fighters.

At least Buu got that exhibition match, that was really fun.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm actually a little salty that they're making that much thanks to a product that leaves too much to be desired. It is what it is, anyways!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Avok wrote:I'm actually a little salty that they're making that much thanks to a product that leaves too much to be desired. It is what it is, anyways!
Because fans prefer the fanservice, Black, Trunks really helped improving the sales and now we will get LSSJ Kale, Gohan being God-Tier, Jiren, Freeza, Goku and his new transformation.

Toei will stick to the same formula as long as it keeps giving them the cash.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Avok wrote:I'm actually a little salty that they're making that much thanks to a product that leaves too much to be desired. It is what it is, anyways!
Because fans prefer the fanservice, Black, Trunks really helped improving the sales and now we will get LSSJ Kale, Gohan being God-Tier, Jiren, Freeza, Goku and his new transformation.

So their reducing the Dragon Ball Franchise to a toyetic show like Digimon. Don't like that at all, it can even more money with a intriguing well executed story. Because good story's sell.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 10, 2017 9:51 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:So their reducing the Dragon Ball Franchise to a toyetic show like Digimon. Don't like that at all, it can even more money with a intriguing well executed story. Because good story's sell.
I think it'll go the Digimon route the moment they start switching up the protagonist, it'd be an improvement over what we have now. At the moment, it's more-so stuck in a Pokemon stage.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Merchandise drives nearly all anime franchises.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

So their reducing the Dragon Ball Franchise to a toyetic show like Digimon. Don't like that at all, it can even more money with a intriguing well executed story. Because good story's sell.
I'd say this is probably why I'm losing interest in Super, but I liked most of the Zamasu arc (I didn't like that awful ending it had though) and I like Precure and that's also super-toyetic.

I guess it ultimately comes down to what types of fanservice do it for you on an individual basis.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 pm

The Power Levels in Digimon Tri are far worse than in DBS, like Gabumon able to stop an attack from a Mega Digimon :lol:.

Digimon Tri had better OST and animation though.

I just want to see the Gohan vs Goku sparring match, because of the fandom reaction, most fans would defend Gohan because that was always his thing in the show.

If Gohan forces Goku to use Kaioken then the episode reaction will be like Episode 66.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 pm

The power levels don't bother me; I just miss having a proper antagonist (probably because I'm used to having them from Z) and I miss competitive, hot-blooded rival Vegeta (again, used to it from Z). Everything else this arc I can take or leave.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Chuquita wrote:The power levels don't bother me; I just miss having a proper antagonist (probably because I'm used to having them from Z) and I miss competitive, hot-blooded rival Vegeta (again, used to it from Z). Everything else this arc I can take or leave.
If this arc doesn't end up having one (I'm not so sure it won't) we'll probably get one next arc.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:The power levels don't bother me; I just miss having a proper antagonist (probably because I'm used to having them from Z) and I miss competitive, hot-blooded rival Vegeta (again, used to it from Z). Everything else this arc I can take or leave.
If this arc doesn't end up having one (I'm not so sure it won't) we'll probably get one next arc.
I hope so. The antagonists were some of my favorite parts of Z.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Then you really hate DB, because Vegeta did not appear, and it had 3 tournament, I'm being patient, maybe the next arc Will have another cool antagonist​ that is not Boring as the one in z,no regeneration please,act like a b*tch or I'm doing this for the evulz,he better be charistmatic, have a motivation and cool like Black, because we need a cool villain like him again.
Mostly active on discord.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 10, 2017 10:47 pm

I don't hate the original; I like the original DB. I didn't miss Vegeta in the original because he didn't exist yet. I can miss him in Super because he does exist there. I'm not looking forward to the tournament not because it's a tournament, but because we've only had 3 not-movie, TV-series-exclusive arcs and 2 of them are tournaments (maybe I'll look kinder on this arc once we've gotten through another three or four arcs and hopefully have more variety in terms of plotlines). The 23rd Tournament is my favorite arc of the original Dragon Ball. Gokû and Piccolo Jr's battle is incredibly fun to read.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu May 11, 2017 12:10 am

jeffbr92 wrote: I don't get it what is so special about this Gundam to be Top #1?
It is an institution in itself. It popularized the mecha genre and made Bandai a billion dollar company. It's influence out does every other series. Yeah, Gundam is in a league of its own.

As for Dragon Ball, while it is great and all that it is doing so well, but fuck I don't want it to go on forever. The direction in which it is going though, I can already see it becoming like the PreCure franchise or as someone mentioned like Pokemon except with a terrible character designer. But, oh well that's not changing.

So, I guess whoever wanted lifetime Dragon Ball content is going to get it.