"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm

The text specified "that man" so it's either Yamcha or Mr. Satan.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:05 pm

My main problem with the leaks is that it makes no sense for Frieza to defect to Universe 4 when his only chance at resurrection (that he knows of) lies with Universe 7. What could he be planning if the leaks are true? Is he just bent on fighting Goku again? Does he get brainwashed?
Or maybe he's going to get Universe 4 (and maybe 9) disqualified either through sabotage or through revealing their cheating, and then go "I defeated a universe for you, Goku, ohoho"? Imagine if that was the case.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 pm

alakazam^ wrote:The text specified "that man" so it's either Yamcha or Mr. Satan.
People were sure that its Yamcha because his VA just tweeted right after the leaks popped out that he did a lot of Yamcha works and he has to do his best tomorrow too implying that theres more... so yeah if those leaks are legit theres a 90% chance we are getting Yamcha... sadly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Alruneia wrote:My main problem with the leaks is that it makes no sense for Frieza to defect to Universe 4 when his only chance at resurrection (that he knows of) lies with Universe 7. What could he be planning if the leaks are true? Is he just bent on fighting Goku again? Does he get brainwashed?
Or maybe he's going to get Universe 4 (and maybe 9) disqualified either through sabotage or through revealing their cheating, and then go "I defeated a universe for you, Goku, ohoho"? Imagine if that was the case.
Well it all depends on what Quitela offers him. If he offers a resurrection plus a new universe to rule and his support...well Frieza would never say no to that, especially when he can spite Goku as a cherry on top.

Of course given the Quitela was willing to trick Sidra into cosmic suicide just to steal a fighter from Beerus...theres a very good chance he has no intention of holding his part of that deal. Hell he might not have to because if U7 gets erased then Frieza might very well do so to.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Any word on when the real legitimate leaks will be out?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:17 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Any word on when the real legitimate leaks will be out?
The last one was confirmed in about what 2, 3 days after the leak. So we are looking at that I think.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Alruneia wrote:My main problem with the leaks is that it makes no sense for Frieza to defect to Universe 4 when his only chance at resurrection (that he knows of) lies with Universe 7. What could he be planning if the leaks are true? Is he just bent on fighting Goku again? Does he get brainwashed?
Well it all depends on what Quitela offers him. If he offers a resurrection plus a new universe to rule and his support...well Frieza would never say no to that, especially when he can spite Goku as a cherry on top.

Of course given the Quitela was willing to trick Sidra into cosmic suicide just to steal a fighter from Beerus...theres a very good chance he has no intention of holding his part of that deal. Hell he might not have to because if U7 gets erased then Frieza might very well do so to.
What makes this weird for me is he knows he's fighting Goku and Vegeta again if he goes to U4, dont tell me he thinks he's good enough to match up to either one of them? I thought Freeza was better than that. He knows first hand how powerful Goku is and even admits it, his best chance of resurrection is with Goku, not with some random universe who he has no idea how powerful is to begin with, at least with Goku's proposal he can get stronger after he trains when the ToP ends, as he is right now with that stamina issue he is done for.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:22 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

What makes this weird for me is he knows he's fighting Goku and Vegeta again if he goes to U4, dont tell me he thinks he's good enough to match up to either one of them? I thought Freeza was better than that. He knows first hand how powerful Goku is and even admits it, his best chance of resurrection is with Goku, not with some random universe who he has no idea how powerful is to begin with, at least with Goku's proposal he can get stronger after he trains when the ToP ends, as he is right now with that stamina issue he is done for.
But he's not alone is he. People keep forgetting this is a team game. Frieza will have the U4 team and 6 other teams behind him.

You dont need to be powerful enough to match Goku at SSB as long as your powerful enough to pull the kind of tactical stuff Krillin, Buu, Gohan and Piccolo did in his lower forms. Goku is going to have 6 universes best fighters mobbing him and his team. He cannot just focus on Frieza, especially with Toppo and Jirne lurking around. Mean while Frieza can focus on Goku without being targeted himself. Someone is likely to go down from a death beam in the back.

Edit: also never underestimate just how spiteful and vindictive Frieza can be. He would never have joined Goku in the first place if any other option was their and now one is. All that talk of training was just him exploiting Goku's weakness to get resurrected, although he would likely have gotten stronger to try and kill Goku again.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Bleh. I'll take literally anyone else over Yamcha. Satan, Future Trunks...Jaco. Anyone.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:26 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Bleh. I'll take literally anyone else over Yamcha. Satan, Future Trunks...Jaco. Anyone.
Hmmmmm even Bactirain?

Edit: I can see it know, the tenth warrior is...
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:29 pm

If Freeza has defected cant King Yemma cancel the 24hour deal?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Bleh. I'll take literally anyone else over Yamcha. Satan, Future Trunks...Jaco. Anyone.
Hmmmmm even Bactirain?
Hey, even strong guys gotta breathe. :thumbup:
MasterVampire wrote:If Freeza has defected cant King Yemma cancel the 24hour deal?
Didn't Yemma tell Goku to kill Frieza somewhere else so he didn't have to deal with him anymore?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: But he's not alone is he. People keep forgetting this is a team game. Frieza will have the U4 team and 6 other teams behind him.

You dont need to be powerful enough to match Goku at SSB as long as your powerful enough to pull the kind of tactical stuff Krillin, Buu, Gohan and Piccolo did in his lower forms. Goku is going to have 6 universes best fighters mobbing him and his team. He cannot just focus on Frieza, especially with Toppo and Jirne lurking around. Mean while Frieza can focus on Goku without being targeted himself. Someone is likely to go down from a death beam in the back.
He's more than likely alone, he has no idea who those people are let alone if they're even strong enough, in a team fight you need to know your team, not randomly choose people that doesnt know each other and fight for merely 48mints, you wont be doing any team plays there let alone team combos, obviously he should know they arent strong enough since they needed to do these underhanded tricks just to get the upper hand on U7.

Yes you do, you're not beating Goku if you dont have the power to back it up, also why are you making it sound like Goku's an idiot who only has power? he's been called time and time again a genius when it comes to battle, so as the others on their own field, Goku holding back against his team to boost their confidence doesnt mean Goku will do the same against his actual enemies (well maybe he would, but I'm hoping he doesnt time around) doubt it since those leaks also said there are universes that wont go along with their plan, as to which ones those are is the question so they wont be able to just go for Goku and his team, they'll need to watch their backs as well.

Also why in the world would Freeza trust a random GoD rather than naive ol Goku who he knows will keep his deal for sure?

Ganondorf_Dragmire

Post by Ganondorf_Dragmire » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:43 pm

I will be fine with this only if Buu wakes up and gets back in the fray. I'll be disappointed if they put Yamcha as the 10th member.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: But he's not alone is he. People keep forgetting this is a team game. Frieza will have the U4 team and 6 other teams behind him.

He's more than likely alone, he has no idea who those people are let alone if they're even strong enough, in a team fight you need to know your team, not randomly choose people that doesnt know each other and fight for merely 48mints, you wont be doing any team plays there let alone team combos, obviously he should know they arent strong enough since they needed to do these underhanded tricks just to get the upper hand on U7.

Yes you do, you're not beating Goku if you dont have the power to back it up, also why are you making it sound like Goku's an idiot who only has power? he's been called time and time again a genius when it comes to battle, so as the others on their own field, Goku holding back against his team to boost their confidence doesnt mean Goku will do the same against his actual enemies (well maybe he would, but I'm hoping he doesnt time around) doubt it since those leaks also said there are universes that wont go along with their plan, as to which ones those are is the question so they wont be able to just go for Goku and his team, they'll need to watch their backs as well.
Holding back as Blue maybe, but never stated to be doing so in his lower forms. Krillin forced him to go SS to stay in the ring and even if it was just practice Gohan and Piccolo beat Goku and Tien by ring out. What your say goes against what this arc is base around. If someone is close enough to SSB Goku's power to pull tricks like that on him it will work, especially if he has never seen them before.

This series has spent WWWWWAAAAYYYY to long being focused on just power. This arc has, all be it not in the bets of way, made it clear that skill and tactics are important factors to. So dont underestimate the weaker guys just because their not god tier.

Edit: Also I said 6 universes...I didn't count U6 who are the only one would help. Thats still 6 universes worth of guys.

Plus nothings stopping Frieza from shooting Goku in the back while he's fighting the likes of Toppo and Jiren.

Edit 2: Also U4 are all about being sneaky, backstabbing bastards. Frieza should fall right in with that bunch without a misstep and role with any tactic's they have.

Edit 3: Also since tear gas worked so well against SSR Black, if the U3 lot have such weapons or other fighters have abilities with similar effect s well Goku's got no defense against that.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:16 pm

I want Buu to wake up, Yamcha to join, and Roshi to quit as a fighter but go along as a spectator to watch.

Roshi is the only character I feel who has no business being here at all. Fending off Freeza's weak soldiers is one thing, but not going against Gods and superpowered fighters.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

But he's not alone is he. People keep forgetting this is a team game. Frieza will have the U4 team and 6 other teams behind him.
Yeah, exactly. Freeza defecting to another universe means he not only has a shot of resurrecting, but also taking immediate revenge on top of it. Why wouldn't Freeza accept that? Should he just forget the people who put him in hell in the first place and work with them? Or try and make them all die right away? Besides, Universe 7 vanishing would mean his hell would be gone too, regardless of getting his wish granted or not. I have a feeling that will come up when he's offered a deal by the U4 people.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:25 pm

precita wrote:I want Buu to wake up, Yamcha to join, and Roshi to quit as a fighter but go along as a spectator to watch.

Roshi is the only character I feel who has no business being here at all. Fending off Freeza's weak soldiers is one thing, but not going against Gods and superpowered fighters.
Technically he's not fighting gods, just super powers fighters. Which with his mafuba, he can fling them off the ring.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Full staff:

Episode 94

Script: Toshio Yoshitaka
Storyboard: Ayumi Ono
Director: Kazuhiro Ochi
Animation: Hirotaka Nī & Hiroyuki Itai

脚本/吉高寿男 絵コンテ/小野歩 演出/越智一裕 作画監督/仁井宏隆・板井寛幸

Episode 95

Script: King Ryū
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Kakudō & Kiyosato Yamamoto
Director: Hideki Hiroshima
Animation: Koji Nashizawa

脚本/キング・リュウ 絵コンテ/角銅博之・山元清里 演出/広嶋秀樹 作画監督/梨澤孝司

Episode 96

Script: Toshio Yoshitaka
Storyboard: Kōhei Hatano
Director: Akio Yamaguchi
Animation: Yoshitaka Yashima

脚本/吉高寿男 絵コンテ/羽多野浩平 演出/山口暁生 作画監督/八島善孝

Episode 97

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard: Masanori Satō & Kiyosato Yamamoto
Director: Takahiro Imamura
Animation: Yukihiro Kitano

脚本/冨岡淳広 絵コンテ/佐藤雅教・山元清 演出/今村隆寛 作画監督/北野幸広

Episode 98

Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard/Director: Kazuya Karasawa
Animation: Hideki Yamazaki

脚本/冨岡淳広 絵コンテ・演出/唐澤和也 作画監督/山﨑秀樹

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:42 pm

I was hoping to see Frieza fight alongside the others. That was where the interest was. Him betraying them and being an enemy for the fourth time isn't interesting at all.

If it's true though I'd hope it was Buu who came back into it.