"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Oh you meant that, could be the preview just misleading the cuts but I'm sure even if it was one of those assassins it wouldnt be a surprise, those dogs are basically like the trio wolves, they cant be sensed by our logic of ki.
No I mean....Goku and Frieza struggle because they cannot sense their ki.....that sounds like the leaks!!!!! Its just coincidence....it has to be....
The leaks were already bs when hundreds of those assassins popped out, the leaks said the assassins were their ToP fighters.
Your probably right....but it didn't say it was the brothers and the Dog guy was important enough to stand out and not be another nameless meat shield.....

Good god I was hoping this preview would put and end to this. Now I'll be second guessing for a week.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Oh you meant that, could be the preview just misleading the cuts but I'm sure even if it was one of those assassins it wouldnt be a surprise, those dogs are basically like the trio wolves, they cant be sensed by our logic of ki.
No I mean....Goku and Frieza struggle because they cannot sense their ki.....that sounds like the leaks!!!!! Its just coincidence....it has to be....
The leaks were already bs when hundreds of those assassins popped out, the leaks said the assassins were their ToP fighters.
Plus the titles don't mention any emergency as they did with Buu.

User avatar
fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5145
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: New York

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:51 pm

I know the episode thread is not up, but that Golden Frieza transformation in episode 94 was the best transformation sequence I've seen in Super. Well, maybe second to Trunks' Asspull SSJ transformation.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Oh you meant that, could be the preview just misleading the cuts but I'm sure even if it was one of those assassins it wouldnt be a surprise, those dogs are basically like the trio wolves, they cant be sensed by our logic of ki.
No I mean....Goku and Frieza struggle because they cannot sense their ki.....that sounds like the leaks!!!!! Its just coincidence....it has to be....
Dude, Frieza is slaughtering them. Can't you see it?
I saw him killing a bunch of nobodies then getting shocked by a surprise ki blast from under the water, which makes sense if he cannot sense their ki. Thats a little too close for my liking.

Its just a coincidence but its going to bug me now.

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I know the episode thread is not up, but that Golden Frieza transformation in episode 94 was the best transformation sequence I've seen in Super. Well, maybe second to Trunks' Asspull SSJ transformation.
I'm extremely looking forward for Chris Ayres to dub that scene.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
No I mean....Goku and Frieza struggle because they cannot sense their ki.....that sounds like the leaks!!!!! Its just coincidence....it has to be....
Dude, Frieza is slaughtering them. Can't you see it?
I saw him killing a bunch of nobodies then getting shocked by a surprise ki blast from under the water, which makes sense if he cannot sense their ki. Thats a little too close for my liking.

Its just a coincidence but its going to bug me now.
If the leaks were true then the titles would've mentioned the lack of the 10th warrior, just like they did before. They didn't, next episode's a filler then straight to the world of Void.

Deal with it, Frieza isn't going nowhere and nor is Yamcha.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Dude, Frieza is slaughtering them. Can't you see it?
I saw him killing a bunch of nobodies then getting shocked by a surprise ki blast from under the water, which makes sense if he cannot sense their ki. Thats a little too close for my liking.

Its just a coincidence but its going to bug me now.
It the leaks were true then the titles would've mentioned the lack of the 10th warrior, just like they did before. They didn't, next episode's a filler then straight to the world of Void.

Deal with it, Frieza isn't going nowhere and nor is Yamcha.
I am dealing with it but its also good for someone to point out stuff like this because it bears some thinking about even if there's nothing to it.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
I saw him killing a bunch of nobodies then getting shocked by a surprise ki blast from under the water, which makes sense if he cannot sense their ki. Thats a little too close for my liking.

Its just a coincidence but its going to bug me now.
It the leaks were true then the titles would've mentioned the lack of the 10th warrior, just like they did before. They didn't, next episode's a filler then straight to the world of Void.

Deal with it, Frieza isn't going nowhere and nor is Yamcha.
I am dealing with it but its also good for someone to point out stuff like this because it bears some thinking about even if there's nothing to it.
Still fake my friend.

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:39 pm

"I haven't bathed this body in blood for a while..."
Damn, Freeza is as bloodthirsty as ever. Thank you Super for reminding me why Freeza is one of my favorite villains.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: It the leaks were true then the titles would've mentioned the lack of the 10th warrior, just like they did before. They didn't, next episode's a filler then straight to the world of Void.

Deal with it, Frieza isn't going nowhere and nor is Yamcha.
I am dealing with it but its also good for someone to point out stuff like this because it bears some thinking about even if there's nothing to it.
Still fake my friend.
And your point is? We cannot talk about odd similarities fake as they may be?

Sorry but its nearly morning here and I'm just making conversation so I dont :yawn: .....zzzzzzzz.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That transformation was perhaps the most epic transformation in the series.
I don't know. I personally think Goku going SSG and SSBKK for the first time top it just barely.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:47 pm

That ending was so freaking hype.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Yeah the dialog has pretty much clinched it, thank kami I can sleep well tonight, Quitela's plan is just assassination and their's no "Frieza why are you talking to that rat" line at the end. So throw them in an unmarked grave and off we go into the future.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Anyway the Tournament is literally starting in half an hour yet we know nothing about the other fighters, and U9 has still three. Amd it was clearly stated that teams with less than 10 members are disqualified.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 pm

The transformation of Freeza was simply epic, I liked it a lot.

But I do not know if other people think like me, but I think the Goku SSB in the exhibition tournament, in front of all the gods, is on the same level. Kaioken made the scene even more beautiful.

It was amazing
Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
I am dealing with it but its also good for someone to point out stuff like this because it bears some thinking about even if there's nothing to it.
Still fake my friend.
And your point is? We cannot talk about odd similarities fake as they may be?

Sorry but its nearly morning here and I'm just making conversation so I dont :yawn: .....zzzzzzzz.
Freeza was never able to feel Ki.

This Ki Blast being thrown from below gives water was the same thing that Goku did in Namek, taking advantage of the fact that Freeza could not feel Ki.

Probably why Goku will take care of his rear

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:53 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Freeza was never able to feel Ki.

This Ki Blast being thrown from below gives water was the same thing that Goku did in Namek, taking advantage of the fact that Freeza could not feel Ki.

Probably why Goku will take care of his rear
Funny I said the same thing and quite people on this forum pointed out to me that apparently in episode 25 he says he can feel Goku's energy.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Anyway the Tournament is literally starting in half an hour yet we know nothing about the other fighters, and U9 has still three. Amd it was clearly stated that teams with less than 10 members are disqualified.
Well they might of had four.....util Frieza just shot him. I hope he's not a part of their team or U9 are really screwed.

Aslo how much do we ever know about tournament participants before we start? At most we learned about the main threat and that was it, we should count ourselves we saw what little of them we did before hand.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Freeza was never able to feel Ki.

This Ki Blast being thrown from below gives water was the same thing that Goku did in Namek, taking advantage of the fact that Freeza could not feel Ki.

Probably why Goku will take care of his rear
Funny I said the same thing and quite people on this forum pointed out to me that apparently in episode 25 he says he can feel Goku's energy.
I think it was never said that Freeza could feel the Ki in the FNF arc

He could have learned after training, but he never seems to be interested in learning

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Freeza was never able to feel Ki.

This Ki Blast being thrown from below gives water was the same thing that Goku did in Namek, taking advantage of the fact that Freeza could not feel Ki.

Probably why Goku will take care of his rear
Funny I said the same thing and quite people on this forum pointed out to me that apparently in episode 25 he says he can feel Goku's energy.
I think it was never said that Freeza could feel the Ki in the FNF arc

He could have learned after training, but he never seems to be interested in learning
This is true but we'll find out next time for shore. Also you never know, you've got to do something to pass the time when your hanging from a tree for years on end.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Yeah the dialog has pretty much clinched it, thank kami I can sleep well tonight, Quitela's plan is just assassination and their's no "Frieza why are you talking to that rat" line at the end. So throw them in an unmarked grave and off we go into the future.
So it was not said about any plans of Kitera / Quitela?
I think this confirms that Freeza will not join the team in the Universe 4.

By the preview of episode 95, it does not look like he'll have time for it

Post Reply