"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Gohan - Piccolo.
17 -18.
18 - Krillin.
Tien - Krillin - Roshi.

These are the members who'll cooperate.

Freeza, Vegeta and Goku will fight alone.
Is this a news or are you theorizing here
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:42 am

I think 18, 17, Krillin, Roshi, Piccolo and Tien will have no problem with teamwork, 18 and 17 were already a good team, Krillin fought together with Gohan and Vegeta, Piccolo with Gohan or 17, Tien and Roshi will need to fight in a team, or else they will lose very fast

While Vegeta will be against the idea of working together, he showed to be a great team player, he got very good team fights, along Gohan and Krillin in Freeza arc, along Buu, Goku and Hercule in Buu arc and along Goku and Trunks against Zamasu and Black, he may be against at first, but I think he will go along with the plan

The problem are Goku and Freeza, Freeza is hated by everyone, I think he will go solo, and Goku while he is open to the idea of working as a team, he is a very bad partner, his fight along Tien show this, he did not care about Tien and only focused on Gohan

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 am

Benedetto12 wrote:I think 18, 17, Krillin, Roshi, Piccolo and Tien will have no problem with teamwork, 18 and 17 were already a good team, Krillin fought together with Gohan and Vegeta, Piccolo with Gohan or 17, Tien and Roshi will need to fight in a team, or else they will lose very fast

While Vegeta will be against the idea of working together, he showed to be a great team player, he got very good team fights, along Gohan and Krillin in Freeza arc, along Buu, Goku and Hercule in Buu arc and along Goku and Trunks against Zamasu and Black, he may be against at first, but I think he will go along with the plan

The problem are Goku and Freeza, Freeza is hated by everyone, I think he will go solo, and Goku while he is open to the idea of working as a team, he is a very bad partner, his fight along Tien show this, he did not care about Tien and only focused on Gohan
I hope they constantly keep changing the teams so we get a lot of different team ups.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Gohan - Piccolo.
17 -18.
18 - Krillin.
Tien - Krillin - Roshi.

These are the members who'll cooperate.

Freeza, Vegeta and Goku will fight alone.
Is this a news or are you theorizing here
Definitely theorizing. Krillin should have PTSD when interacting with Freeza. He was frozen when he had to fight his weak soldiers back in ROF.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Benedetto12 wrote:I think 18, 17, Krillin, Roshi, Piccolo and Tien will have no problem with teamwork, 18 and 17 were already a good team, Krillin fought together with Gohan and Vegeta, Piccolo with Gohan or 17, Tien and Roshi will need to fight in a team, or else they will lose very fast

I hope they constantly keep changing the teams so we get a lot of different team ups.
Bro you hope Piccolo beats Jiren right after getting the Namekian Book of Legends power up right? :lol:
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 am

So Toshio is teasing something about SSGSS Goku for Super. Wonder what it could mean, no doubt related to this new form that's being teased.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:

Yeah it would be cool

The obvious ones are:
17 and 18
Gohan and Piccolo
18 and Krillin
17 and Piccolo
Tien and Roshi

I hope they mix sometimes to see new combinations like
17 and Gohan
Vegeta and Tien
Piccolo and Krillin

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am

omaro34 wrote:
Bro you hope Piccolo beats Jiren right after getting the Namekian Book of Legends power up right? :lol:
Definitely! :) We also know what you have been dreaming about recently. :thumbup:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So Toshio is teasing something about SSGSS Goku for Super. Wonder what it could mean, no doubt related to this new form that's being teased.
More bollocks!

When has he had time to get a new form?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Most likely small teams will be formed and as they are eliminated new teams of tge remaining members will form until the numbers have dwindled down to mainly 1v1 status.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Present 17 and 18 never fought together. You're thinking of Future 17 and 18.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm

HeroR wrote:

Present 17 and 18 never fought together. You're thinking of Future 17 and 18.
We can assume they will work together easily though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:When has he had time to get a new form?
It has been months since the Black arc.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 pm

omaro34 wrote:Definitely theorising. Krillin should have PTSD when interacting with Freeza. He was frozen when he had to fight his weak soldiers back in ROF.
I'm pretty sure Kuririn overcame that issue in episode 76.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:
You're right, it has, but this whole arc kicked off because Goku was feeling rusty and went to train with Whis. It sounds like he didn't do a lot in that time.

If he gets anything new I think he'll get it during the tournament as opposed to already having it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
You're right, it has, but this whole arc kicked off because Goku was feeling rusty and went to train with Whis. It sounds like he didn't do a lot in that time.

If he gets anything new I think he'll get it during the tournament as opposed to already having it.
Yeah, I also believe Goku will unlock his new form during the ToP.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So Toshio is teasing something about SSGSS Goku for Super. Wonder what it could mean, no doubt related to this new form that's being teased.
What did he say/post?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:34 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
What did he say/post?
He tweeted something about Dokkan Battle in Japanese then he tweeted this after in English:
"There is a reason to vote for SSGSS Goku.
Time will tell!"
He then replied to someone saying this tweet is referring to DBS.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 pm

He specifically mentioned SSGSS Goku not just Goku, managa's perfected blue form I suppose..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:He specifically mentioned SSGSS Goku not just Goku, managa's perfected blue form I suppose..
Except the form has already been perfected in the anime.