"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:48 pm

precita wrote:There's no point in reviving whoever Krillin kills if their whole universe gets erased anyway, meaning all 10 fighters and the millions of people in their universe might die either way.
Letting them continue competing is the point.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Vados_chan wrote:Kale was pointless, gets all the promotion but it's Caulifa ends up hogging the spotlight and getting SSB
Just look at the amount of people upset after reading the spoilers.

Last edited by perucho1990 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm

It looks like some people are having meltdowns over characters being eliminated, myself included. I wonder if this will continue to happen when we get to the summaries that say Vegeta/Piccolo/17/18/Freeza, etc. all go down too.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Vados_chan wrote:Kale was pointless, gets all the promotion but it's Caulifa ends up hogging the spotlight and getting SSB
Nothing says she's actually getting Blue.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Caulifla getting SSB was a mistranslation. People getting upset over things that didn't happen is pathetic.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Araki wrote:Caulifla getting SSB was a mistranslation. People getting upset over things that didn't happen is pathetic.
Noone is upset yet. Its just people saying "if" she does. Well that one guy but mostly everyone.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Araki wrote:Caulifla getting SSB was a mistranslation. People getting upset over things that didn't happen is pathetic.
There's no mistranslation, only misapprehension.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote: Just look at the amount of people upset after reading the spoilers.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
All of those saying they would drop the show would just come back next week. I don't know why people still bother to play that card. Who they want to scare?! :lol:
Didn't they want female Super Saiyans?! They have it. Take them!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

It wasn't a mistranslation, it's just people lacking comprehension skills and fishing for something to get angry over.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Well, I can say it would be cool if Krillin gets DQ instead of being eliminated, I mean Kienzan finally hit and killed someone? Gee, that’s swell
ArchedThunder wrote:
Akyon wrote:Well that was disappointing. For multiple reasons;

So Krillin was built up to fake out a sense of it being shocking when he's the first fighter out?
Not only that in doing so, we have a kind of crappy end to a genuinely decent character arc. Krillin gets his groove back and proves himself a tactical genius against Goku and Gohan to...get disqualified in the first few minutes by killing an opponent with his trademark move that never hits.
Krillin. The guy who Goku claims has better ki control than even himself. The guy who was entrusted to form a Spirit Bomb, the guy who was able to sense just how strong Perfect Cell was from being hit once and realised he had strength in spades...forgot that his Kienzan is a kill move?

And meanwhile Goku takes out all of Universe 9 without any help.
The idea of teamwork and being able to make use of weaker fighters with their skills to overcome tougher foes is deader than Gyum. And that actually saddens me more than the stuff with Krillin. Power is once again the only thing that matters; fuck tactics, special abilities and skills. It's all about power.

The recruitment episodes focus points really were a load of bullshit, huh?
If power was all that mattered then Roshi would be going out first.
Why is it so hard for people to wait and see how things play out? Why do people have to make these kinds of comments off of a few sentences in a magazine that don't give full context?
I thought you already knew that over reacting is a standard among this fanbase, mate.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Yedis wrote:
It wasn't a mistranslation, it's just people lacking comprehension skills and fishing for something to get angry over.
That makes sense. I've seen people on twitter earlier today claiming a 4chan translation made it sound like she was going SSB.
It's a rather dumb assumption anyway, she doesn't even seem to be the episode focus. Her exchange with Goku is apparently just a tool to enrage Kale.

Also LOL @ people talking as if they've seen the Kuririn episode already. They're even pointing out how he's gonna be disqualified!
Last edited by Araki on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 pm

I didn´t expect Krillin to be eliminated this fast, he was really hyped, I mean I expected him to be one of the lasts to fall, but well let´s see how this thing goes now, I hope he gets a good fight at least

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 pm

At the moment, I don't think Caulifla is actually going to turn Super Saiyan Blue during the tournament. It's just a hunch, but that feels like it would get an episode dedicated to it--not just used to trigger Kale's transformation.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Araki wrote:
Yedis wrote:
That makes sense. I've seen people on twitter earlier today claiming a 4chan translation made it sound like she was going SSB.
It's a rather dumb assumption anyway, she doesn't even seem to be the episode focus. Her exchange with Goku is apparently just a tool to enrage Kale.

Also LOL @ people talking as if they've seen the Kuririn episode already. They're even pointing out how he's gonna be disqualified!
You gotta love 4chan sometimes.
Feels over Reals.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Aren't all those comments from youtube? Half those people are casuals who don't even follow the franchise heavily.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:33 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Araki wrote:
Yedis wrote:

You gotta love 4chan sometimes.
The gist 4chan provided was "Caulifla wants Goku to teach her how to go SSJ Blue", which is fine.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:52 pm

potat_lasaro wrote:The fact Krillin is being eliminated this early is both interesting and disappointing. I wanted him to go further in the tournament, but if he has to go now, hopefully it is in a cool fashion.

Anyone else think that the animation from the opening with Krillin and his Kienzin will be reused in the episode? It seems like it could possibly fit in for a last ditch attack by Krillin to save #18.

Also, anyone think the person he could possibly kill be from U4? I mean, one already tried to take Goku down with them so I wouldn't put it past them to sacrifice someone to take the blow and eliminate Krillin if they see he's already taken down a few from another universe.

Slightly off topic: I find it funny how that old "rumor" from I think 4chan mentioned Krillin would be getting DQ due to someone being killed by the Kienzin....never thought anything of it due to the other claims like a Tea Party filler with the angels. Just ironic that they could possibly be right about Krillin.

Omg I've been looking for those lol. They literally were on my mind the moment I read the spoilers. I can't find it anywhere though, It made me curious XD. I'm surprised that this is the way Kuririn Is going to go. I can totally see him doing it out of concern for 18. Let's hope it is epic. I'm also hoping that Master Roshi and Tien stay a little longer though or at least go out in epic fashion.

JulianStyles wrote:Its clear Toei knowing a popular comic relief character was first to be eliminated. We had to be tortured with FILLER because god forbid Krillin just cant go away. 2 episodes of into the woods. Him getting shine against Gohan and Goku while be recruited. Even this last ditch hoorah is probably Toeis way of making him relevant. While Akira did not see it that way. Cant wait for the manga to catch up.
Want to run by us again what u mentioned in previous topic? No negativity towards Kuririn? Or are we confusing this post of yours with Tien talk? Your post literally adds no value to the discussion, it's plain character bashing lol. Just as expected from you.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orb

Post by Orb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:57 pm

if magetta goes ss rose i will quit super

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 pm

precita wrote:It looks like some people are having meltdowns over characters being eliminated, myself included. I wonder if this will continue to happen when we get to the summaries that say Vegeta/Piccolo/17/18/Freeza, etc. all go down too.
As long as my boy Vegeta goes out like a gangster, then I'm good. Preferably not to someone that resembles sailor moon or a teletubbie :roll:
How i predict the tournament will end:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:06 pm

All Whis did to further Goku and Vegeta's SSB training was teach them to keep their ki inside and made them fight in the staff so they had to do it. In fact, the very next episode after Whis teaches them that, he's irritated that they get more out of punching each other than they do from listening to him. There's nothing about SSB that really requires an Angel's teaching from what we've seen of it.