"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:05 am

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: They did have to control their ki in order to move in the staff, but that just goes back to what Whis told Vegeta in episode 16: physical training has its limits and the secret to higher power is ki control.
True, but that is kind of standard mentor advise. It isn't like Whis told them how to actually do it.
I figured that was a call forward to the scene where he tells them to keep their ki inside, but you're right, he doesn't really tell them how to do it. He just notices they're wasting ki and tells them to fix it. They do the rest on their own.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:12 am

Don't be shocked if the likes of 18, Muten and Tenshinhan last more than 17, Piccolo, Gohan, Freeza and Vegeta do.
Everything can now happen.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:33 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Don't be shocked if the likes of 18, Muten and Tenshinhan last more than 17, Piccolo, Gohan, Freeza and Vegeta do.
Krillin going down first isn't that big of a deal. It would have been much more unexpected if Vegeta, Gohan, Freezer or 17 went down first.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:47 am

I'm very interested in seeing how Vegeta fights Botamo and how his rematch with Megetta will pan out. It's also become more and more apparent that Krillin will get eliminated/disqualified when coming to the aid of his wife. I'm personally fine with that context of Krillin being the first member of Universe 7 to get the boot if that is the case. It at least fits in the context of how the show states that Android 18 and Krillin were going to work together in the Tournament Of Power. I hope, at the very least, we get to see one tag-team combo move between Krillin and Android 18 before Krillin gets the old heave-ho.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:59 am

It's fan made, but if this is how the hair would look from the front, that would be great

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 am

We all know about USSJ and it's weakness.

But Frieza at Namek used something like it without losing speed.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

If not for stamina issues he would be like Broly LSSJ <3

And now think about Full Power Golden Frieza

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 am

Simere wrote:
Draconic wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Its called speculation. Deal with it. Are you not intelligent enough to project forward POSSIBILITIES?
:lol: You can speculate whatever you want buddy, but when your "possibilities" are based on nothing substantial I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss another's intelligence. If far fetched grasping at straws is all one's intelligence is capable of, well... I've got bad news.
It says he's using multiple Kienzans, it says he's distracted, it says he gets disqualified. I can't imagine stronger grounds to speculate that he ends up killing someone.

Do you think he's packing heat or a hidden senzu bag?
Actually, now that I've derided the idea, I can also picture a scenario where it could be a senzu. Far more shaky speculative grounds, though.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:15 am

Kishido wrote: And now think about Full Power Golden Frieza

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Golden freeza itself kinda looks like freeza's 100℅ full power form but a more controlled version..
His muscle mass grows his height grows and it had stamina issues just like his 100℅ from..

Also, goku before training cauliflowa, should definitely recite these words
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
People are against her hard, and I enjoy every minute of it :mrgreen:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 am

Speaking of Freeza, since it can make forms up and make colours up, maybe it's white and purple isn't it's natural colour? Maybe it's natural colour is like all black or something?

I also I wonder if other species can do what Freeza does, make forms and colours. Perhaps Goku and Vegeta chose Blue for SSGSS because it represented tranquillity?

Btw SSGSS should have been re-named Super Saiyan Tranquilly or Super Saiyan Equanimity not the stupid Super Saiyan Blue that we got, thanks Toyo. :problem:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:28 am

BTW it's still funny that Roshi and Frieza can pump themselves up without losing anything bar maybe stamina but the saiyans lost speed

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm very interested in seeing how Vegeta fights Botamo and how his rematch with Megetta will pan out. It's also become more and more apparent that Krillin will get eliminated/disqualified when coming to the aid of his wife. I'm personally fine with that context of Krillin being the first member of Universe 7 to get the boot if that is the case. It at least fits in the context of how the show states that Android 18 and Krillin were going to work together in the Tournament Of Power. I hope, at the very least, we get to see one tag-team combo move between Krillin and Android 18 before Krillin gets the old heave-ho.
It will be a rage moment like when Beerus slapped Bulma.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of Freeza, since it can make forms up and make colours up, maybe it's white and purple isn't it's natural colour? Maybe it's natural colour is like all black or something?

I also I wonder if other species can do what Freeza does, make forms and colours. Perhaps Goku and Vegeta chose Blue for SSGSS because it represented tranquillity?

Btw SSGSS should have been re-named Super Saiyan Tranquilly or Super Saiyan Equanimity not the stupid Super Saiyan Blue that we got, thanks Toyo. :problem:
Super Saiyan Equanimity sounds great. :thumbup:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:37 am

If that Dragon Ball Heroes is anything to go by then it's going to come down to Goku and Frieza vs Jiren.

That'd be kind of interesting really, it coming down to the last stretch and battle and they'd actually put aside their differences to beat Jiren for real without any tricks or betrayal. Golden Frieza even sacrificing himself to keep Goku in the Tournament somehow after acknowledging that he's the only one who could beat Jiren.
Last edited by Bullza on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of Freeza, since it can make forms up and make colours up, maybe it's white and purple isn't it's natural colour? Maybe it's natural colour is like all black or something?

Oh, so now we know that it was Toyotaro's idea? Great! So that means that the timeline problems of the Black arc are by Toei right? I mean they did their version first so of course is their idea and not Toriyama's! This explains a lot!

Seriously now, I would gadly take Blue or whatever other simple name over that two. Doesn't fit at all with the way Goku and the rest have been naming the rest of the SS forms.

About Freeza, I don't think there is any implication about his true form not having its actual colours. Then again, we know shit about his race so who knows... If Frost someday unlocks a UE form maybe they will explain the whole "Choose your color" thing.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Also, goku before training cauliflowa, should definitely recite these words
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
People are against her hard, and I enjoy every minute of it :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me guess, you got this from 4chan.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:15 am

HeroR wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: They still needed to extensively train with him and be supervised by him for them to efficiently control God Ki. Not only that but that dimension Whis sent Goku and Vegeta to was to significantly speed up the progress on their training.
They didn't. Whis was actually upset since he told Goku and Vegeta could do this stuff at home and didn't need him. Nothing in his training had anything to do with god ki. The dimension Whis sent them only made them train within a faster amount of time, which is really no different from the time chamber.
Then we must be watching two different shows, because keeping Ki in your body while maintaining no leakage produces God Ki. The dimension they were sent to was key part into that, as seen they weren't even able to move a muscle until they mastered keeping in Ki their body without leakage. Incidentally, it was similar to the ROSAT in the regard speeding up your lurning curve and progress for training, but only for a specific type of training. With that said, I still think the way to attain God Ki is stupid.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:21 am

As for the Dragon Ball Heroes OP, it looks pretty much like its gonna come down to Goku and Frieza vs Jiren.

Remember the last time when it forshadowed Goku travelling to the future to fight against Black and Zamasu??

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:21 am

emperior wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Don't be shocked if the likes of 18, Muten and Tenshinhan last more than 17, Piccolo, Gohan, Freeza and Vegeta do.
Krillin going down first isn't that big of a deal. It would have been much more unexpected if Vegeta, Gohan, Freezer or 17 went down first.
It is.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am

Hit!! wrote:As for the Dragon Ball Heroes OP, it looks pretty much like its gonna come down to Goku and Frieza vs Jiren.

Remember the last time when it forshadowed Goku travelling to the future to fight against Black and Zamasu??
Frieza might try to fight Jiren or team up with Goku but Frieza will obviously fail besides it only showed Goku and Frieza vs Jiren and why would that fight happen anyway ? if the last people standing are these 3 then universe 7 wins automatically no need to fight.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:40 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
Hit!! wrote:As for the Dragon Ball Heroes OP, it looks pretty much like its gonna come down to Goku and Frieza vs Jiren.

Frieza might try to fight Jiren or team up with Goku but Frieza will obviously fail besides it only showed Goku and Frieza vs Jiren and why would that fight happen anyway ? if the last people standing are these 3 then universe 7 wins automatically no need to fight.
It can happen because they need to win, could be because the time limit isnt over yet.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:42 am

I was and still am perfectly fine with Krillin sacrificing himself for 18, but not now. Too early.