"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:10 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So what's this guys? Is it legit? Or just fake? Gojiitaaf posted it a while back, and i don't know what to make of it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Looks like a custom to me. The paint on the chest looks pretty rough.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:15 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So what's this guys? Is it legit? Or just fake? Gojiitaaf posted it a while back, and i don't know what to make of it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A what??

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:17 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A what??
Looks like a bootleg.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Well, while it certainly looks like fake, let's remember Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was first seen through a toy too back in the day.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:26 pm

My question is where did that hair sculpt originate. I don't know of one with wavy hair spikes.

In the other hand, his chest is painted an entirely different shade than his arms.

Also, why Gokû Black color scheme?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Kanassa wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Looks like a custom to me. The paint on the chest looks pretty rough.
A what??
Looks like a bootleg.
You mean "not official"?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:32 pm

Lol i FREAKING KNEW IT that "Anime Live Reaction" was the one making these videos with titles like "Toei staff confirms Goku's new form" i hate people, i hate youtubers ! they have no morals and only think about them views and money.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:Lol i FREAKING KNEW IT that "Anime Live Reaction" was the one making these videos with titles like "Toei staff confirms Goku's new form" i hate people, i hate youtubers ! they have no morals and only think about them views and money.
Jesus Christ, I don't like ALR, but come the fuck on. Halon's Razor or something? You act like he's murdering puppies.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:A what??
A customized or custom-built figure. There's a pretty big scene for that kind of thing. Like this Kale:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:Lol i FREAKING KNEW IT that "Anime Live Reaction" was the one making these videos with titles like "Toei staff confirms Goku's new form" i hate people, i hate youtubers ! they have no morals and only think about them views and money.
Actually it's "Anime Live Reactions" you didn't even spell it right, how dare you!

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:31 pm

EOZ CONFIRMED!!

Seriously though I see Vegetto's legs in there. However if Goku's supposed new form was just his base hair but standing up more I'd be extremely happy.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:14 am

YonedgeHP wrote:
precita wrote:Honestly a lot of these spanish (I guess everyone from South America?) countries spamming twitters or youtube or whatever has got to stop.

I know DBZ was very popular in Latin America, but I don't know who these guys think they are that they go attack writers and think they own the franchise. Do all these spanish fans act like this?
The Spanish fanbase (especially the Latin American one) is one of the most volatile fandoms of Dragon Ball, and some of them think they're superior to other fanbases. Obviously not all of us are like that, but is sadly the reality of the situation.
I never understood why the spanish fanbase is like this. I mean...who do they even think they are? You're talking about an anime made primarily for Japanese people, not a bunch of spanish people upset that certain things aren't happening in the show.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

What date does the new months episodes leaks come out?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:07 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
Beyond wrote:17 might be a complete hit in japan. I've seen a lot of things with him on it, especially from dragon ball heroes. I'd expect 18 to at least be comparable, but I guess not. Piccolo has lost a ton of popularity or maybe he was never that popular in japan. Everything I'm saying is based of product I've seen though.
Piccolo is the most popular non saiyan as far as i know, 18 might be more popular than 17 but rarely anyone talks about her or cares no offense but the only time i see people caring about 18 is when they see a slutty fanart or cosplay she also gained a lot by marrying a main character who is Goku's best friend. 17 has the charisma, he didn't have as much screen time as the rest of the characters involved but i see a portion of people who consider him as their favorites, this was even before he came back.
From the Dragon Ball Forever Poll in in 2004:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points

An old poll, but it shows that 18 was in the top ten, while 17 was barely in the top 20 and barely beat Yajirobe. And since this is 2004, this is after GT with Super 17.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 am

Agreed..

Anime Live Reactions is one of the most unscrupulous DB youtubers around. Apart from all the click bait and stuff like that, he uploads videos "playing" music with his pc keyboard and claiming that hes actually playing and/or producing this music live, when everyone knows he's not the one producing it and he doesn't give credit to the person who really is.

When he was confronted and asked what DAW or software he uses to create "his music", he completely avoids the question and victimizes himself saying that people are just hating, envious and trying to drag him down.. This guy is pathetic!!!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 am

HeroR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Beyond wrote:17 might be a complete hit in japan. I've seen a lot of things with him on it, especially from dragon ball heroes. I'd expect 18 to at least be comparable, but I guess not. Piccolo has lost a ton of popularity or maybe he was never that popular in japan. Everything I'm saying is based of product I've seen though.
Piccolo is the most popular non saiyan as far as i know, 18 might be more popular than 17 but rarely anyone talks about her or cares no offense but the only time i see people caring about 18 is when they see a slutty fanart or cosplay she also gained a lot by marrying a main character who is Goku's best friend. 17 has the charisma, he didn't have as much screen time as the rest of the characters involved but i see a portion of people who consider him as their favorites, this was even before he came back.
From the Dragon Ball Forever Poll in in 2004:

Best Characters
1.Son Goku: 6,235 points
2.Vegeta: 2,527 points
3.Son Gohan: 2,131 points
4.Trunks: 1,487 points
5.Piccolo: 1,176 points
6.Son Goten: 798 points
7.Kuririn: 736 points
8.Majin Buu: 421 points
9.Freeza: 324 points
10.Android No.18: 204 points
11.Mister Satan: 201 points
12.Karin-sama: 185
13.Kame-sennin: 172 points
14.Cell: 170 points
15.Yamcha: 163 points
16.Tenshinhan: 125
17.Bulma: 112 points
18.Android No.17: 98 points
19.Yajirobe: 93 points
20.Videl: 86 points

An old poll, but it shows that 18 was in the top ten, while 17 was barely in the top 20 and barely beat Yajirobe. And since this is 2004, this is after GT with Super 17.
I'm surprised Goten is so high on this poll. I mean above Krillin and Freeza?

If this is the case Toei really dropped the ball not doing anything with Trunks/Goten in Super.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:03 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Goddam it this better not happen! but that looks more like Goku Black than Goku, black pants... red belt... white boots... yeah definitely Black. Then again who knows, maybe the twist near the end of this arc becomes this :lol:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:49 am

precita wrote: I'm surprised Goten is so high on this poll. I mean above Krillin and Freeza?

If this is the case Toei really dropped the ball not doing anything with Trunks/Goten in Super.
That is Toriyama's fault, not Toei's. As a matter of fact we see them a lot in filler.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:13 am

Fake as f..k imo

There's no reason to do it, or way to do it without looking terribly ridiculous

I liked Goku facing himself in Black arc, but having it as a God for himself is too much, even if it's Zamasu :lol:

And I see no reasons for Goku to be in Beerus' place at the end of the arc neither

99.9% fake or, if true, some what if deluxe action figure

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:15 am

Gojitaaf removed it, so it was a fake as I thought