"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:13 am

God Movement wrote:snip for space
"This is a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan." Oh lord. :lol: I am digging the red color if that's what the picture really is. SS4 Gogeta looked like a boss with his fiery red hair too. :thumbup:

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:"This is a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan." Oh lord. :lol: I am digging the red color if that's what the picture really is. SS4 Gogeta looked like a boss with his fiery red hair too. :thumbup:
inb4 people start saying Super is ripping off GT

Still, if it is red hair, it would actually make sense, because that's what Super Saiyan God looked like. It feels like it's still related somehow.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 am

SSJB=small toy
SSJR=huge sticker
LimitBreak form=chocolate statue (if that does turn out legit... I can see it being legit tho, not like they didnt spoil the forms before its actual appearance in merchandises anyways)

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:16 am

God Movement wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
God Movement wrote:Not sure if anyone here has seen this, but:

Bottom left, if you look closely you can see Goku's apparent new transformation, crimson hair.
I saw this. It was very interesting. Isn't this for like a Valentine's Day catalog for 2018? Seems pretty likely that it could be his new form. If so, I'm digging the red crimson color.
I think the biggest thing to take away from this is the picture that we saw with Goku's back turned with his normal hair spiked upwards, was indeed just him in the process of transforming like it said. "Trying to unlock a new form" (paraphrasing but that was the gist of it).
You're right. The poster did say how he was in the process of reaching a new level. Either way I'm all for a crimson look.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:16 am

I am stoked for Goku and Hit teaming up against the remaining Troopers, but man, those Gohan spoilers have me super worried. Next episode Piccolo is going to fight that pretty boy from U10, so if Gohan has to step up against them, I really hope it's not because Piccolo gets eliminated.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:23 am

Draconic wrote:I am stoked for Goku and Hit teaming up against the remaining Troopers, but man, those Gohan spoilers have me super worried. Next episode Piccolo is going to fight that pretty boy from U10, so if Gohan has to step up against them, I really hope it's not because Piccolo gets eliminated.
Nothing implies that Piccolo is fighting that pretty boy,all we see is a close shot of a pretty boy and Piccolo reacting to something.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:26 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:"This is a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan." Oh lord. :lol: I am digging the red color if that's what the picture really is. SS4 Gogeta looked like a boss with his fiery red hair too. :thumbup:
inb4 people start saying Super is ripping off GT

Still, if it is red hair, it would actually make sense, because that's what Super Saiyan God looked like. It feels like it's still related somehow.
Well this arc already brought us Luud 2.0, a guy who looks like General Rilldo and an whole universe of fighters who look like they rolled right out of M-2, so why not? :lol: If that is the new form they've been teasing, I hope it's not just a direct 1:1 recolor of Super Saiyan 2. Be a little creative guys!

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 am

Does anyone know what magazine that is from?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:31 am

When the titles and perhaps the synopses of the next episodes leak, are they likely to cover which episodes? After the 104?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:When the titles and perhaps the synopses of the next episodes leak, are they likely to cover which episodes? After the 104?
assuming there are no breaks Animage will cover 103-106, maybe 107 as well.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:44 am

Lapislettuce wrote:I really want 17 and Hit to interact ! i hope they team up at some point too.
They have no history together, why would Hit and 17 interact?

Why would they even team up?

It's silly enough that Goku is helping Hit, 17 helping would just be jumping the shark even more so.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 am

Interesting.. So from what i can make out of this very small and blurry visual of what looks to be Goku's new form, is that it's basically a SSJ Red..

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

And so the Saiyan Rangers are complete...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:04 am

Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Don't know why he mentioned Goku needs Hitto either. Goku's the one stepping in to come to Hitto's aid. Goku wouldn't step in I feel if he knew Hitto could handle it on his own. Hitto isn't losing here though, still too soon.

Aren't they also the oldest of the team?
We don't know yet the reason why Hitto is at disadvantage. It can be, because, he is facing two warriors at the same time.
Goku stepping in can mean that Toppo is involved and he sees this chance as an opportunity to settle the score between them. Hitto can't be in trouble with Dyspo unless he isn't a major player. The scan says that Hitto and Goku form the mightiest tag team.
This is the 2nd mightiest tag team Goku has been part of lol.
Who was the first? Goku and Tenshinhan.lol

Oh fuck another ssj form. :roll: It never ends, it is pathetic. :oops:
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 am

Re: hair

I like ssjg magenta, but I hope this new form isn't yet another ssj1 recolor.

Re: summaries

Nothing that interesting, curious why Vegeta isn't mentioned. I guess the breaks Super may take aren't until September.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:14 am

Chuquita wrote:Re: hair

I like ssjg magenta, but I hope this new form isn't yet another ssj1 recolor.

Re: summaries

Nothing that interesting, curious why Vegeta isn't mentioned. I guess the breaks Super may take aren't until September.
It is obvious it is another ssj1 recolor.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:16 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: We don't know yet the reason why Hitto is at disadvantage. It can be, because, he is facing two warriors at the same time.
Goku stepping in can mean that Toppo is involved and he sees this chance as an opportunity to settle the score between them. Hitto can't be in trouble with Dyspo unless he isn't a major player. The scan says that Hitto and Goku form the mightiest tag team.
This is the 2nd mightiest tag team Goku has been part of lol.
Who was the first? Goku and Tenshinhan.lol
Nah thats god tier tag team whose full power is only reserved for the likes of Zeno.
The 1st mightiest tag team was Goku and Piccolo as said by Roshi.So hopefully Goku will survive being part of the mightiest tag team this time :think:

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

I hope that's the new form for Goku! My favorite colour is red and while SSJGod was described as "red", it really wasn't. I do hope there's something different about it and not just a recolour.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I really want 17 and Hit to interact ! i hope they team up at some point too.
They have no history together, why would Hit and 17 interact?

Why would they even team up?

It's silly enough that Goku is helping Hit, 17 helping would just be jumping the shark even more so.
What's wrong with wanting my favorite character and a character i think is super cool to team up ? we know Goku and 17 are fighting together soon so i wish 17 was a part of Goku and Hit teaming up. nothing wrong with that.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:26 am

Assuming this is true;

C'mon Toriyama, you can get a lot more creative than this. AT LEAST have a different hairstyle... I would definitely prefer if his form is the one on the main poster.

Attaining a new form is something special, it should have a lot of work put into it, and be surprising/unique for the fans, IE: SSJ4.
At this rate, they might as well give Gohan SSJ Green and Vegeta SSJ Purple :|
Last edited by King Jacku on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.