"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15092
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: mustache namekian

He was from Yajirobe's imagination prior to Krillin and the others arriving on Namek, so I don't know how much stock can be put into namekians can have facial hair. I guess it's still possible.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
aravinthan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Given there is friction between U4 GoD and Beerus and that Toriyama specifically designed him and of course given how their remaining two are still ??? despite them revealing the remaining U6 members, I think the mortal stronger than a god is one of these two. Jiren is just too obvious imo.



But...........I think I can't digest the fact that Rat god defeated Beerus in ARM WRESTLING! Apart from that, it will be awesome to have the mortal stronger than God in Uni4
That works even more with the subverting game Toriyama likes to play. The pieces do line up. Nothing is guaranteed obviously but that's my guess.
Jigurashi wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Quitela would not have so much beef with Beerus if he was the one who beat him at arm wrestling. More likely Quitela was beaten by Beerus.
That's true. Quitela seems to go out of his way messing with Beerus, whereas Beerus just usually responds to it. Beerus doesn't go out of his way to mess with Quitela. I don't think this mortal stronger than a GoD is Jiren, but I certainly don't see it coming from Quitela's universe either. I don't think this mortal is even in the tournament.
They're definitely at the ToP as Whis responded to the question Goku asked whether they stand a chance in the ToP so why would Whis' tell them that if that person wasn't gonna compete?
That's true, at the same time, Whis himself was pretty vague, and you'd think he'd mention this GoD that lost to Beerus considering Whis is fully aware of the GoD who beat Beerus in arm-wrestling.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MrBlackFox » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Wanna bet the one whose Beerus lost an arm wrestling match is Heres, the goddess, and it's ashamed because of this? :lol:

Also, I'm in the team " strongest mortal is at the tournament"

Though I found really strage Beerus nor Whis never pointed at it at the tournament, would have been useless to name this fighter answering Goku's question
Imho it's definitely at the ToP, I only hope it's not Jiren

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14222
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I wonder if the Pride Troopers are not as good as we have been made out to believe. I think their universe has a skewed view of justice since they conquer planets in the name of it. Why would they use dirty tricks against Caulifa and Kale if they were actually honorable?
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if the Pride Troopers are not as good as we have been made out to believe. I think their universe has a skewed view of justice since they conquer planets in the name of it. Why would they use dirty tricks against Caulifa and Kale if they were actually honorable?
I've been thinking something along those lines for a while myself. Maybe not all the Troopers, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Jiren turned out to actually be a villain of some sort. The guys feels very disconnected even from his own team, so having the strongest person in a team of goody two shoes heroes be a bad guy seems like quite a Dragon Ball thing to do.
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Simere
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:14 pm

If anyone has the interest, take my short reading comprehension test:

[spoiler]Answer the following using only information provided by the context of each exchange:

Rolf: Found this cat perched on porch; took it in and fed it. Know if it belongs to anybody?
Liesl: I don't, but there was a lost cat poster up in the mail room.


A) The cat is the one in the poster
B) The cat is not the one in the poster
C) The cat could or could not be the one in the poster


Jack: Look at this.
John: Wow...
Jack: Found it this morning. Don't know it's toxic or not. Do you?
John: I don't really know much about it, but I've heard types of black mold can be toxic.


A) The mold is toxic
B) The mold is not toxic
C) The mold could or could not be toxic


Goku: Do you think our Universe 7 is sure to easily win?
Whis: Who knows? I don't know that much about the other universes. However, there is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat.


A) The mortal is at the tournament
B) The mortal isn't at the tournament
C) The mortal could or could not be at the tournament


Arthur: We've been selected as one of the twelve state attendees for the national invitational.
Framm: What's the competition going to be like, coach?
Arthur: I couldn't really say. Up till now our focus has been entirely intramural; I don't know much about the other states, although I do know one gave a college team a run for their money.


A) The competition will be stiff
B) The competition will be easy
C) The level of the competition is unknown
[/spoiler]

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I wonder if or when they're ever going to do another popularity poll, and why they haven't done one yet.
Yeah me too
That would just lead to immature fans increasing their unhealthy obsession with certain characters and hating others to an unnecessary extent even more.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:26 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Vulkan‏ @SSGSSaiyan
@toshio916 Did you wrote or you know something about Vegeta vs Hit?

吉高寿男‏
@toshio916
@SSGSSaiyan
I have not written.
I'd love to see the fight between them

Sorry I can't reply to everyone
I have too much stuff to do️
Now it looks like Vegeta vs Hit might not happen. The only thing we know is that U2 wont get wiped out in the upcoming episode even though I could see some U2 warriors getting eliminated by 17 or Freeza.
Toshio just said that he did not write, which does not mean that other writers could not have done the same.

In fact, I do not think he can confirm what battles will take place in the tournament and whether there will be a rematch between Vegeta and Hitto, that would be to give advance information of the story, and Toshio may lose his job
People should just leave the guy alone. But they're pestering him because they know he's one of the few who takes the time to respond.

If I were him I simply wouldn't answer to people's non stop questions anymore.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
Slaythe
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:05 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Slaythe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:40 pm

People have completely abused Toshio's kindness lately and we can thank the shitty youtubers for that.

Throwing him under the bus with their shitty click baits.

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:52 pm

omaro34 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Now it looks like Vegeta vs Hit might not happen. The only thing we know is that U2 wont get wiped out in the upcoming episode even though I could see some U2 warriors getting eliminated by 17 or Freeza.
Toshio just said that he did not write, which does not mean that other writers could not have done the same.

In fact, I do not think he can confirm what battles will take place in the tournament and whether there will be a rematch between Vegeta and Hitto, that would be to give advance information of the story, and Toshio may lose his job
People should just leave the guy alone. But they're pestering him because they know he's one of the few who takes the time to respond.

If I were him I simply wouldn't answer to people's non stop questions anymore.
If I were him, I'd give purposefully trollish answers to those idiots. Or answers I know that would probably trigger them.

The fact that this fanbase thinks a lead writer will reveal major plot spoilers is something that blows my mind.

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:12 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Toshio just said that he did not write, which does not mean that other writers could not have done the same.

In fact, I do not think he can confirm what battles will take place in the tournament and whether there will be a rematch between Vegeta and Hitto, that would be to give advance information of the story, and Toshio may lose his job
People should just leave the guy alone. But they're pestering him because they know he's one of the few who takes the time to respond.

If I were him I simply wouldn't answer to people's non stop questions anymore.
If I were him, I'd give purposefully trollish answers to those idiots. Or answers I know that would probably trigger them.

The fact that this fanbase thinks a lead writer will reveal major plot spoilers is something that blows my mind.

Well when you have youtubers literally linking his Twitter, showing his Twitter zoomed in and discussing/twisting words of what he's been tweeting...things like this tend to happen. I've been reading some of the questions people have been sending him and some are just completely idiotic imo or asking for WAY too much info. It's as if they want him to lose his job.

On topic, I want the Namekians of U6 to be evil and have interesting interactions with Freeza haha.

User avatar
Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 pm
Location: In your mom ;)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Simere wrote:If anyone has the interest, take my short reading comprehension test:

[spoiler]Answer the following using only information provided by the context of each exchange:

Rolf: Found this cat perched on porch; took it in and fed it. Know if it belongs to anybody?
Liesl: I don't, but there was a lost cat poster up in the mail room.


A) The cat is the one in the poster
B) The cat is not the one in the poster
C) The cat could or could not be the one in the poster


Jack: Look at this.
John: Wow...
Jack: Found it this morning. Don't know it's toxic or not. Do you?
John: I don't really know much about it, but I've heard types of black mold can be toxic.


A) The mold is toxic
B) The mold is not toxic
C) The mold could or could not be toxic


Goku: Do you think our Universe 7 is sure to easily win?
Whis: Who knows? I don't know that much about the other universes. However, there is a universe where lives a mortal even a God of Destruction can't defeat.


A) The mortal is at the tournament
B) The mortal isn't at the tournament
C) The mortal could or could not be at the tournament


Arthur: We've been selected as one of the twelve state attendees for the national invitational.
Framm: What's the competition going to be like, coach?
Arthur: I couldn't really say. Up till now our focus has been entirely intramural; I don't know much about the other states, although I do know one gave a college team a run for their money.


A) The competition will be stiff
B) The competition will be easy
C) The level of the competition is unknown
[/spoiler]
There ya go :thumbup:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:02 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
People should just leave the guy alone. But they're pestering him because they know he's one of the few who takes the time to respond.

If I were him I simply wouldn't answer to people's non stop questions anymore.
If I were him, I'd give purposefully trollish answers to those idiots. Or answers I know that would probably trigger them.

The fact that this fanbase thinks a lead writer will reveal major plot spoilers is something that blows my mind.

Well when you have youtubers literally linking his Twitter, showing his Twitter zoomed in and discussing/twisting words of what he's been tweeting...things like this tend to happen. I've been reading some of the questions people have been sending him and some are just completely idiotic imo or asking for WAY too much info. It's as if they want him to lose his job.

On topic, I want the Namekians of U6 to be evil and have interesting interactions with Freeza haha.
Evil Namekians would be interesting, but I doubt they will be.

And Frieza would probably torture those guys regardless.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:38 am

Man, I would laugh (and by laugh, I mean cry) if these namekians are already eliminated by the time we see them, because apparently that's how the show decides to roll sometimes. Thinking what they did to Buu here, and they did it twice.

User avatar
Araki
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1453
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:54 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:06 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Toshio just said that he did not write, which does not mean that other writers could not have done the same.

In fact, I do not think he can confirm what battles will take place in the tournament and whether there will be a rematch between Vegeta and Hitto, that would be to give advance information of the story, and Toshio may lose his job
People should just leave the guy alone. But they're pestering him because they know he's one of the few who takes the time to respond.

If I were him I simply wouldn't answer to people's non stop questions anymore.
If I were him, I'd give purposefully trollish answers to those idiots. Or answers I know that would probably trigger them.

The fact that this fanbase thinks a lead writer will reveal major plot spoilers is something that blows my mind.
He's not even a lead writer, he's just one of the secondary writers that has no major control over plot direction and all that, as he himself pointed out already, which makes the pestering even worse.

JulianStyles
Banned
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:17 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
The gr wrote:Here are the names
[spoiler]
    Image Image Image Image
      edit
        Image Image thanks to herms for putting these[/spoiler]
        No way I will remember all these character names! :lol:
        I'm glad they came up with Namekians for U6 team, even though the one that looks like Piccolo could have some scars in the face to distinguish himself.

        Since U6 Saiyans are peaceful, I hope U6 Namekians are the ruthless race and I wonder if they will mention the Namekian Book of Legends.
        U7 Saiyans taught U6 Saiyans about SSJ forms, it would only be fair those two Namekians enlighten Piccolo about a power boost he can achieve.
        Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

        That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.

        User avatar
        emperior
        I Live Here
        Posts: 4157
        Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
        Location: Dragon World
        Contact:

        Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

        Post by emperior » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 am

        JulianStyles wrote:
        FortuneSSJ wrote:
        The gr wrote:Here are the names
        [spoiler]
          Image Image Image Image
            edit
              Image Image thanks to herms for putting these[/spoiler]
              No way I will remember all these character names! :lol:
              I'm glad they came up with Namekians for U6 team, even though the one that looks like Piccolo could have some scars in the face to distinguish himself.

              Since U6 Saiyans are peaceful, I hope U6 Namekians are the ruthless race and I wonder if they will mention the Namekian Book of Legends.
              U7 Saiyans taught U6 Saiyans about SSJ forms, it would only be fair those two Namekians enlighten Piccolo about a power boost he can achieve.
              Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

              That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
              That's interesting, but how can Botamo and Magetta possibly be stronger than Kale? Unless they count them as Bota-Magetta.
              It also seems like the Saiyan girls would be among the weakest in U6 which doesn't make sense unless Cabba achieves Blue. And are those Namekians really that powerful?
              悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

              What I consider canonical

              User avatar
              TheOne
              OMG CRAZY REG
              Posts: 942
              Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

              Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

              Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:54 am

              emperior wrote:
              JulianStyles wrote:
              FortuneSSJ wrote: No way I will remember all these character names! :lol:
              I'm glad they came up with Namekians for U6 team, even though the one that looks like Piccolo could have some scars in the face to distinguish himself.

              Since U6 Saiyans are peaceful, I hope U6 Namekians are the ruthless race and I wonder if they will mention the Namekian Book of Legends.
              U7 Saiyans taught U6 Saiyans about SSJ forms, it would only be fair those two Namekians enlighten Piccolo about a power boost he can achieve.
              Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

              That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
              That's interesting, but how can Botamo and Magetta possibly be stronger than Kale? Unless they count them as Bota-Magetta.
              It also seems like the Saiyan girls would be among the weakest in U6 which doesn't make sense unless Cabba achieves Blue. And are those Namekians really that powerful?
              They were probably dark horses. These could've been projected power rankings? It'd help if i/we saw a U7 chart so we could confirm.

              If it's true, very thankful Cabba is towards the top! Although I always thought Cabba would've been stronger than Frost. I get that Frost was on the run, but I'm sure Cabba was training some as well. If by some chance he has Blue, I doubt he's stronger than Cabba unless he discovered a transformation as well.
              How i predict the tournament will end:

              User avatar
              emperior
              I Live Here
              Posts: 4157
              Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
              Location: Dragon World
              Contact:

              Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

              Post by emperior » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:13 am

              TheOne wrote:
              emperior wrote:
              JulianStyles wrote:
              Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

              That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
              That's interesting, but how can Botamo and Magetta possibly be stronger than Kale? Unless they count them as Bota-Magetta.
              It also seems like the Saiyan girls would be among the weakest in U6 which doesn't make sense unless Cabba achieves Blue. And are those Namekians really that powerful?
              They were probably dark horses. These could've been projected power rankings? It'd help if i/we saw a U7 chart so we could confirm.

              If it's true, very thankful Cabba is towards the top! Although I always thought Cabba would've been stronger than Frost. I get that Frost was on the run, but I'm sure Cabba was training some as well. If by some chance he has Blue, I doubt he's stronger than Cabba unless he discovered a transformation as well.
              I can't find the U7 chart, but it definitely must be in the Jump magazine which revealed U6 Namekians as the point of the magazine was to let kids try and guess the universes' rankings by the end of the tournament.
              悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

              What I consider canonical

              User avatar
              MisteryOne
              Regular
              Posts: 668
              Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
              Location: Spain

              Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

              Post by MisteryOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:14 am

              JulianStyles wrote:
              FortuneSSJ wrote:
              The gr wrote:Here are the names
              [spoiler]
                Image Image Image Image
                  edit
                    Image Image thanks to herms for putting these[/spoiler]
                    No way I will remember all these character names! :lol:
                    I'm glad they came up with Namekians for U6 team, even though the one that looks like Piccolo could have some scars in the face to distinguish himself.

                    Since U6 Saiyans are peaceful, I hope U6 Namekians are the ruthless race and I wonder if they will mention the Namekian Book of Legends.
                    U7 Saiyans taught U6 Saiyans about SSJ forms, it would only be fair those two Namekians enlighten Piccolo about a power boost he can achieve.
                    Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

                    That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
                    I seriously doubt they are listed in strengh order. Shosha and Ganos are nowhere near Nink who was defeated by SSB Goku. In U2, Pran and Harmina were covered in shadows so I'm sure one of them is stronger than Ribrianne. In U10, there is no way Napapa is weaker than Murisam or Lilibeu. And in U6, I don't see how Frost can't be the second strongest at all, qnd Cabba and Botamo are definetly not above Kale.

                    In most universes, it seems like the strongest one/ the one with more focus is not the leader. Goku> Gohan, Jiren> Toppo, Basil had way more focus than Bergamo, the flower guy from U10 is going to have more focus than Murichi, U3 leader lasted seconds, and in U6, Kale (and hopefully the Namekians) has more focus on her than Hit. So I fully expect Ribrianne to not be the stronger from U2 at all.

                    Also, why do we know The Preecho is organic? Have I missed something?
                    Be warned: my opinions are usually shit and I write on mobile. Deadly combination.

                    English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

                    Post Reply