"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:27 am

MisteryOne wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: No way I will remember all these character names! :lol:
I'm glad they came up with Namekians for U6 team, even though the one that looks like Piccolo could have some scars in the face to distinguish himself.

Since U6 Saiyans are peaceful, I hope U6 Namekians are the ruthless race and I wonder if they will mention the Namekian Book of Legends.
U7 Saiyans taught U6 Saiyans about SSJ forms, it would only be fair those two Namekians enlighten Piccolo about a power boost he can achieve.
Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
I seriously doubt they are listed in strengh order. Shosha and Ganos are nowhere near Nink who was defeated by SSB Goku. In U2, Pran and Harmina were covered in shadows so I'm sure one of them is stronger than Ribrianne. In U10, there is no way Napapa is weaker than Murisam or Lilibeu. And in U6, I don't see how Frost can't be the second strongest at all, qnd Cabba and Botamo are definetly not above Kale.

In most universes, it seems like the strongest one/ the one with more focus is not the leader. Goku> Gohan, Jiren> Toppo, Basil had way more focus than Bergamo, the flower guy from U10 is going to have more focus than Murichi, U3 leader lasted seconds, and in U6, Kale (and hopefully the Namekians) has more focus on her than Hit. So I fully expect Ribrianne to not be the stronger from U2 at all.

Also, why do we know The Preecho is organic? Have I missed something?
I'm pretty sure Ribrianne the strongest on the team and is the leader

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Based on this the strongest fighter of each universe is listed first. That makes The preecho the strongest fighter of U3.Nigurish was said to be strongest modified. But The Preecho is organic.

That means Roshi and Tien eliminated the strongest fighter from U3.
I seriously doubt they are listed in strengh order. Shosha and Ganos are nowhere near Nink who was defeated by SSB Goku. In U2, Pran and Harmina were covered in shadows so I'm sure one of them is stronger than Ribrianne. In U10, there is no way Napapa is weaker than Murisam or Lilibeu. And in U6, I don't see how Frost can't be the second strongest at all, qnd Cabba and Botamo are definetly not above Kale.

In most universes, it seems like the strongest one/ the one with more focus is not the leader. Goku> Gohan, Jiren> Toppo, Basil had way more focus than Bergamo, the flower guy from U10 is going to have more focus than Murichi, U3 leader lasted seconds, and in U6, Kale (and hopefully the Namekians) has more focus on her than Hit. So I fully expect Ribrianne to not be the stronger from U2 at all.

And you are sure because...?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:52 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
MisteryOne wrote: I seriously doubt they are listed in strengh order. Shosha and Ganos are nowhere near Nink who was defeated by SSB Goku. In U2, Pran and Harmina were covered in shadows so I'm sure one of them is stronger than Ribrianne. In U10, there is no way Napapa is weaker than Murisam or Lilibeu. And in U6, I don't see how Frost can't be the second strongest at all, qnd Cabba and Botamo are definetly not above Kale.

And you are sure because...?
Because they make it seem like it

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:12 am

If someone was curious, U3's fighter Katpesra is definitely a pun for "Pescatora" which is an Italian sauce/dressing for Rice or Spaghetti.
As for Biara, it might be "Arrabbiata" (Italian sauce too) though I'm not really sure if that's definitely what the pun is.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:29 am

Pictures for episode 102:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:31 am

Will wrote:Pictures for episode 102:
Lol Ribrianne

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:38 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The U2 lot are going to be fun.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 am

These three should be somewhat comparable to Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo.
But knowing this show, I'm very afraid that a great chunk of Universe 2 will be eliminated by U6/U7 or something.

If the Magical Girls fall this early, I don't know what to say... Just a waste, a complete and utter waste.
:clap:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:44 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
They're all going to be fodder. The writers can't help themselves.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:49 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
They're all going to be fodder. The writers can't help themselves.

And here comes my biggest disagreement with anyone on the term "fodder". I DONT CARE IF THEY ARE NOT STRONG!

What I want it to be entertained, I dont lose sleep over characters not being so powerful they can curb stomp Gods of Destruction. As long as they give me an entertaining fight I dont give a Monkey's Uncle about how strong they are.

That why I enjoyed 101, I didn't care about power levels. Yes it would be nice for the Pride Troopers to be someone but they didn't, they did however give me an entertaining show.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:50 am

Yomi wrote:These three should be somewhat comparable to Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo.
But knowing this show, I'm very afraid that a great chunk of Universe 2 will be eliminated by U6/U7 or something.

If the Magical Girls fall this early, I don't know what to say... Just a waste, a complete and utter waste.
Completely agree

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:55 am

Yeah, I find it difficult to buy that's in complete strength order. The top three, sure, but General Kaserhal didn't seem weaker than the other pride troopers he fought alongside. Not sure why Narirama would be considered U3's trump card if The Preecho was far stronger. Only way Botamo's above Kale is if his ability is taken into account.

Krillin's face is perfect in that shot. That's probably going to be my reaction in that episode too. Looking forward to U2, we haven't seen anything of them yet.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 am

I love the Helles image the most. Design wise, she's my second favorite God, with Beerus being my favorite. Good to know that she will get some screentime. I want to see her talking to or about Goku. She said she finds him attractive, and with Goku scolding 17 for not letting Ribrianne transform in the next episode, I expect her to find him even more attractive.

The Krillin and Beerus image is probably their reaction after the Magical Girls transform.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:02 am

Glamour and visual presentation seem to be the focal points of U2's characterisation. Here's hoping their abilities reflect the ostentatiousness with potency and originality. I don't have too strong of an opinion for most of them otherwise. The Yardratian, I wish, could be given the exposition and depth he deserves. Out of all the characters in U2, he was one of the most highly anticipated due to his species' background.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 am

Those shots are looking pretty great! Tomorrow's episode should be a lot of fun! Hopefully Vegeta kicks her ass so we can *finally* put this Vegeta is gonna get KO'd nonsense behind us.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Those shots are looking pretty great! Tomorrow's episode should be a lot of fun! Hopefully Vegeta kicks her ass so we can *finally* put this Vegeta is gonna get KO'd nonsense behind us.

Yeah. My prediction is that #17 will not stand a chance or at least he will despise Rebrianne character so bad that he will leave and then Vegeta comes in. Or maybe #17 will be simply ringed out? Who knows. It would be interesting plot twist.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 am

I have a weird feeling about 17.
A very weird feeling.
Hope I'm wrong.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:03 am

This weekend's episode screenshots look fun. Hope it delivers.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:15 am

103話「悟飯よ非情なれ!第10宇宙との決闘!!」
カクンサに勝利した17号。リブリアンは17号に怒りをぶつけ攻撃しようとする。
そのとき、ジルコルがリブリアンに戦いを挑んでくる。
一方、孫悟空はジミーズと対峙していた

104話「超絶光速バトル勃発!悟空とヒットの共同戦線!!」
悟飯の活躍により、第10宇宙の戦士が全滅。第10宇宙は消滅してしまった。
その頃舞台では、ヒットとディスポ、最強の戦士同士が戦いを始めようとしていた。
ディスポはヒットの時飛ばしを攻略するというが…?

105話「奮戦!武天老師命を燃やす!!」
煩悩を封印するために禁欲特訓をしてきた武天老師だが、第4宇宙のセクシーな
キャウェイの誘惑に打ち勝つことができるのか?
From 2ch. Quite possibly fake. Leaks have definitely started, though; apparently there's an interview with King Ryū in Newtype (which of course will not have anything episode-related for us).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:23 am

Terez wrote:
103話「悟飯よ非情なれ!第10宇宙との決闘!!」
カクンサに勝利した17号。リブリアンは17号に怒りをぶつけ攻撃しようとする。
そのとき、ジルコルがリブリアンに戦いを挑んでくる。
一方、孫悟空はジミーズと対峙していた

104話「超絶光速バトル勃発!悟空とヒットの共同戦線!!」
悟飯の活躍により、第10宇宙の戦士が全滅。第10宇宙は消滅してしまった。
その頃舞台では、ヒットとディスポ、最強の戦士同士が戦いを始めようとしていた。
ディスポはヒットの時飛ばしを攻略するというが…?

105話「奮戦!武天老師命を燃やす!!」
煩悩を封印するために禁欲特訓をしてきた武天老師だが、第4宇宙のセクシーな
キャウェイの誘惑に打ち勝つことができるのか?
From 2ch. Quite possibly fake. Leaks have definitely started, though; apparently there's an interview with King Ryū in Newtype (which of course will not have anything episode-related for us).
If these are legit then I guess we're getting a break since there are only 3 episodes.