"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kishido » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:25 pm

I predict that SSG will be even stronger as blue... blue was only tapping into God power while SSG is full god mode.

And maybe Goku will master it and after it go Super Saiyan with it

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Based on the new info we are going to either have Super Saiyan God as it is in the manga or Blue is going to be reduced to an intermediary form. Goku absorbed the power of SSG, as he learned to tap into that power he gained Blue but he still could not access the full power of the red flame burning within himself. The true form of the god power is Super Saiyan God. That would make some sense since Blue lacks all of SSG more supernatural powers.

But thats all speculation until we get more info.
It wouldn't make sense especially since super saiyan god is fodder that form was made useless when goku lost the form in bog arc he pretty much did better as a ssj than his ssg form and like a literary just said goku new form is just a new level of kaioken
Fodder? Really? The form that bypasses All super super transformations and fusion is fodder? Ok good logic there. Sorry could not resist :D.

Goku didn't do better in base. In the movie he kept dragging his feet till the power ran out and then he still needed it to stop Beerus's final attack. In the anime he keeps doing just as well as he had before hand, not better and he permanently losses virtually all aspects of the form including its healing power and the seeming limitless power reserves it gave him. Also, just from what I remember, Goku took time getting used to form and progressed in power rapidly when he did. That too all stopped once it ran out, leaving Goku with just the strength boost.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Kishido wrote:I predict that SSG will be even stronger as blue... blue was only tapping into God power while SSG is full god mode.

And maybe Goku will master it and after it go Super Saiyan with it
It won't be super saiyan blue was already confirmed to be better and stronger in the anime and manga I swear you db fans are stupid

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wait... I feel like I'm out of the loop. Where is this talk of Super Saiyan God being brought back for the anime coming from?
One of the descriptions for 104 says Goku goes Super Saiyan God, could just be a mistake though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wait... I feel like I'm out of the loop. Where is this talk of Super Saiyan God being brought back for the anime coming from?
Summary mentions Goku going SSG and his body throbbing..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 pm

right about here, I was in the same boat. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30157&start=50360

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Draconic wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super
Nothing Toyotaro has ever done is as outright retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball as whole with the abomination that is Dragon Ball Super, so keep that in mind.
What does that have to do with what I said? Toyotaro's version is inferior to the anime, so he has done plenty of retarded stuff much more damaging than "Toei".

Oh, by the way, don't talk to me.
Toyotaro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toei. Objectively so. Toei is so bad they're a meme at this point.

Oh, and nah, I think I'll talk to you some more. Maybe I can explain just how mind-numbingly retarded the anime is in comparison to the manga, although you'll probably just ignore the reasons because you don't like them. :roll:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Based on the new info we are going to either have Super Saiyan God as it is in the manga or Blue is going to be reduced to an intermediary form. Goku absorbed the power of SSG, as he learned to tap into that power he gained Blue but he still could not access the full power of the red flame burning within himself. The true form of the god power is Super Saiyan God. That would make some sense since Blue lacks all of SSG more supernatural powers.

But thats all speculation until we get more info.
It wouldn't make sense especially since super saiyan god is fodder that form was made useless when goku lost the form in bog arc he pretty much did better as a ssj than his ssg form and like a literary just said goku new form is just a new level of kaioken
Fodder? Really? The form that bypasses All super super transformations and fusion is fodder? Ok good logic there. Sorry could not resist :D.

Goku didn't do better in base. In the movie he kept dragging his feet till the power ran out and then he still needed it to stop Beerus's final attack. In the anime he keeps doing just as well as he had before hand, not better and he permanently losses virtually all aspects of the form including its healing power and the seeming limitless power reserves it gave him. Also, just from what I remember, Goku took time getting used to form and progressed in power rapidly when he did. That too all stopped once it ran out, leaving Goku with just the strength boost.
Actually the healing thing was just toei filler same as always and limitless power lmao your funny

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's SSJB. The scans last time said Kale was getting ringed out, and Krillin was going to kill someone and be disqualified.
Feels over Reals.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Spoilers for 103-106: https://mobile.twitter.com/KenXyro/stat ... 5516451841

It's most likely a mistranslation though, especially when you consider the fact that Kale's name was once translated as "Kelly", Krillin being "disqualified", etc.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Nothing Toyotaro has ever done is as outright retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball as whole with the abomination that is Dragon Ball Super, so keep that in mind.
What does that have to do with what I said? Toyotaro's version is inferior to the anime, so he has done plenty of retarded stuff much more damaging than "Toei".

Toyotaro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toei. Objectively so. Toei is so bad they're a meme at this point.

Oh, and nah, I think I'll talk to you some more. Maybe I can explain just how mind-numbingly retarded the anime is in comparison to the manga, although you'll probably just ignore the reasons because you don't like them. :roll:
Look what I posted before
Manga:
-making trunks useless in his own arc
-bring back ssg when it was confirmed to be a temporary form
-goku knows hakai(this was actually just retarded)
-goku is as strong as merged zamasu when goku did in the anime was stupid but nowhere near as bad what the manga literally just did
-future trunks is Sakura in the manga
-future trunks reaction to his universe blowing up is unrealistic it was done better in the anime
-vegeta vs cabba and vegeta vs magetta was actually done so much better in the anime
-nerfs hit and merged zamasu
By the way I can keep going

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:

Both manga and anime has there fair share of retarded moments neither are far above each other in quality

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:

It's most likely a mistranslation though, especially when you consider the fact that Kale's name was once translated as "Kelly", Krillin being "disqualified", etc.
This
RedHeat wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's SSJB. The scans last time said Kale was getting ringed out, and Krillin was going to kill someone and be disqualified.
And this so much

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:

This
RedHeat wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's SSJB. The scans last time said Kale was getting ringed out, and Krillin was going to kill someone and be disqualified.
And this so much
I agree as well

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: Are you kidding me toyotaro has done tons of things that was retarded especially in the future trunks arc
And, like I just said, it's nothing as retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball.

Every bad decision you see Toyotaro make, just multiply that by a factor of 1000 and you get Toei Animation.
Not even close
Manga:
-making trunks useless in his own arc
-bring back ssg when it was confirmed to be a temporary form
-goku knows hakai(this was actually just retarded)
-goku is as strong as merged zamasu when goku did in the anime was stupid but nowhere near as bad what the manga literally just did
-future trunks is Sakura in the manga
-future trunks reaction to his universe blowing up is unrealistic it was done better in the anime
-vegeta vs cabba and vegeta vs magetta was actually done so much better in the anime
-nerfs hit and merged zamasu
By the way I can keep going
1. AKA not making Trunks stupidly powerful for absolutely zero reason.
2. Huurr durrr, yes, by the shitty anime.
3. Not as retarded as how Trunks beat Zamasu in the anime though.
4. The anime was just as bad, if not worse. At least the manga tried to explain, Toei just didn't care.
5. Not an actual complaint. Would you like me to point out how smoke grenades and sniper rifles can apparently affect gods?
6. Lol, no it wasn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
7. Eh, kind of.
8. Boo-hoo, cry me river. No godtier Hit? Oh the humanity. :roll:

Go on, and I'll counter every single last one.

Basically, the people who hate the manga are mostly upset that their favorite characters (Hit or Trunks) aren't given brain-dead power ups just for the sake of it.

It you honestly believe that terrible Toei-only transformation is good, then I don't know what else to say to that. It was hilariously bad. :lol:
Last edited by hardcorefakes on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: It wouldn't make sense especially since super saiyan god is fodder that form was made useless when goku lost the form in bog arc he pretty much did better as a ssj than his ssg form and like a literary just said goku new form is just a new level of kaioken

Actually the healing thing was just toei filler same as always and limitless power lmao your funny
You know... your not a nice person to talk to.

The movie gave SSG Ki absorbing power, Toei gave it healing powers and toyo did his thing to. Since this is the anime, the healing thing is cannon to the anime. Thats a fact and you'll have to face that.

Also I said "seeming limitless power", I.E. his power never seems to falter or wain during his battle with Beerus as a SSG and he only reach his limit after battling as a Super Saiyan. Thats not me saying "he has limitless power", that me saying "seeming limitless power", dont misrepresent my words please.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:37 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:

This
And this so much
I agree as well
Yeah put might as well wait for the episode too see

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:37 pm

Suddenly this is the youtube comment section :lol: anyways 104 sounds interesting so that spiked haired ssjg goku Tshirt Toshio had is legit :shh:
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

You know... your not a nice person to talk to.

The movie gave SSG Ki absorbing power, Toei gave it healing powers and toyo did his thing to. Since this is the anime, the healing thing is cannon to the anime. Thats a fact and you'll have to face that.

Also I said "seeming limitless power", I.E. his power never seems to falter or wain during his battle with Beerus as a SSG and he only reach his limit after battling as a Super Saiyan. Thats not me saying "he has limitless power", that me saying "seeming limitless power", dont misrepresent my words please.
Yeah I know lol

Weird because the manga hasn't gave ssg anything in the manga

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:39 pm

I'm going to assume that the SSJ God thing is an error of some kind. Seems a little weird to bring it up now. Though even if it is true, I can't be too mad at it. I like the form and wish it had stuck around longer.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.