"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:03 pm

Who thinks Roshi will be eliminated episode 105?

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:So...anybody else agree that Jiren should have been Toppo, and the guy Goku should have fought in the exhibition should have been the stoic Jiren we have here?

Toppo is a breath of fresh air in the series and could be used in so many interesting ways. His hammy personality and bulky appearance remind me of Major Armstrong from FMA and All Might from My Hero Academia. Love those characters.

The way it is now, he's gonna inevitably take a back seat to some boring, generic lame-O that can't hold a candle to Pikkon or Hit.
Toppo is pretty much the only Pride Trooper I really like. So , agreed, he definitely should have been the big boy to look out for. Plus he embodies the entire identity of his Group. Justice and heroism to the point of it being really corny. The ultimate good boy. Would have done wonders as the main antagonist, especially with a Main character like Goku.
Dyspo has a design that hints that he will have a personality, and I really want Jiren to have a weird quirk as he begins to enjoy fighting Goku, but they've been playing him so flipping straight this entire time, and we already have a character like that (Hit.) Just doesn't make sense to have another one.
:clap:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm

I wish Jiren never spoke a single line up until now so when he finally opened his mouth he could sound like Zeno and speak in third person.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I do love that they threw in a yuri pairing, too. Definitely fun, considering the current PreCure has a yuri pairing, too.
Yes but haven't you learned? Yuri is lesser than straight. Which is why they both got eliminated by the straight man. Praise be to straight.

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I do love that they threw in a yuri pairing, too. Definitely fun, considering the current PreCure has a yuri pairing, too.
Doesn't every PreCure series have heavy yuri undertones?
Maybe that's why it's not good.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Are they ever going to acknowledge that Dypso is exactly like Beerus? But hes a bunny?

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:53 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Alruneia wrote:And yeah, just to reiterate an earlier point: Real or fake, it makes me uncomfortable that Dragon Ball Super is straight out writing "sexy" in a summary.
Uh, why? Does sexy mean something different in Japan or something?
I'm saying it based on the English context. It's so... blunt, to put it that way. Like, this is out of universe. A magazine is telling us this, not characters in the show.
Ma'am, you're being an sjw. Shut up, watch the product. And laugh at what is most likely going to be a hillariously sexy episode.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:40 am

JulianStyles wrote:Are they ever going to acknowledge that Dypso is exactly like Beerus? But hes a bunny?
We did saw Goku looking at him for a bit. I would imagine that it would be mention that he looks similar to Beerus. Maybe his design is a inside joke because a lot of people thought Beerus was a rabbit at first.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 am

JulianStyles wrote:Who thinks Roshi will be eliminated episode 105?
Everybody i'm pretty sure. Getting your own episode pretty much means you're eliminated unless your a Saiyan in this tournament. If he somehow doesn't get eliminated that will make Krillin's elimination even worse. To go 5-6 episodes without another person from u7 biting the dust is already bad enough, any longer then that, they're just trolling Krillin. Plus we already have people saying "u7 is op please nerf" having someone else being eliminated might help a bit.

Its a shame it has to be Master Roshi though, I was hoping he would last until the final 2 and when Goku lost to Jiren, Master Roshi is revealed to still be in the tournament and eliminates Jiren using the Mafuuba. It would've been crazy! :lol:
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 am

Shaqazooloo wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Who thinks Roshi will be eliminated episode 105?
Everybody i'm pretty sure. Getting your own episode pretty much means you're eliminated unless your a Saiyan in this tournament. If he somehow doesn't get eliminated that will make Krillin's elimination even worse. To go 5-6 episodes without another person from u7 biting the dust is already bad enough, any longer then that, they're just trolling Krillin. Plus we already have people saying "u7 is op please nerf" having someone else being eliminated might help a bit.

Its a shame it has to be Master Roshi though, I was hoping he would last until the final 2 and when Goku lost to Jiren, Master Roshi is revealed to still be in the tournament and eliminates Jiren using the Mafuuba. It would've been crazy! :lol:
Tbh, I think Roshi is too obvious of a choice to go that far. Someone like Tenshinhan or Piccolo or one of the Artificial Humans going that far would be more surprising.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 am

Can anyone link the chocolate Goku scan?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Can anyone link the chocolate Goku scan?
Close-up:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Full scan:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 am

Terez wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Can anyone link the chocolate Goku scan?
Close-up:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Full scan:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thanks a lot man :thumbup:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:42 am

Dpc292 wrote: Ma'am, you're being an sjw. Shut up, watch the product. And laugh at what is most likely going to be a hillariously sexy episode.
I stated my personal opinion about a minor detail in a description of a children's cartoon, and I've explained why I feel that way. If that's what constitutes as SJW these days then I can't help you.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:04 am

perucho1990 wrote:Image

Of course lets take it with a grain of salt.

Roshi was seen tired after using bankokou in episode 101, and with Universe 2 fighting this saturday, it wouldnt be shocking if he is gone and also Tenshinhan(he already got his elimination).
I wanted to revisit this. Because other than Krillin there is absolutely no way you can tell which dragonball each character is holding. Even if it foreshadowed something. You cant tell which. I've seen people have the order based on this much different.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 am

I don't think it has been posted here:
From him: http://www.narutoforums.com/posts/57238896/

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 am

I just noticed that for the U6 Namekians they used the same colors Toriyama used to color Piccolo in this Kanzenban cover:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/guides/manga/ ... png?x65652

I don't think Toriyama designed the U6 Namekians though, but I would hope so because it would mean they are important characters.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:28 am

Will wrote:I don't think it has been posted here:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Finally some SSGSS Goku art that doesn't look terribly trash, I'll take it!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:43 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
It seems interesting, I hope Herms will translate it as it might contain some interesting info.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 am

emperior wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
It seems interesting, I hope Herms will translate it as it might contain some interesting info.

He has. Well...not fully but gave us some tibits. Key points include the reasoning some characters were left out, a few small pieces of info on some of the newer characters (for example, Paparoni sends signals out from his cane), and some strength rankings. Goku is the strongest, followed by Freeza. Kuririn is the strongest Earthling.

^Herms tweet.