"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm

If we're gonna stick until November seeing Universes being destroyed then that's a long pacing and the chances of the saga becoming boring are high. But it's also possible that the tournament will end before November, and later an enemy will appear tied-in to the Multiversal tournament, which is what I'm hoping for.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Trunks Arc ended in November too(November 20th 2016).

With the current pacing, I could see the fights involving the Top dogs to start by late September/Early October.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm

November 2017 makes it about 13-15 Episodes, with breaks it could be lower than that.

Off the top of my head, there's some stuff they are going to get too that would be the focus of 1 or 2 episodes.

Eventual showdown with Jiren
A fight with Toppo maybe?
Reveal of the U6 Namekians
Introducing the 2 remaining U2 fighters
Revealing the unknown U4 fighters.
Possible U7 eliminations
Frieza going Golden
Last edited by Yedis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 pm

The gr wrote:I'm really interested on the two mysterious u4 warrior, they are really keeping them in the shadows
    ImageThey also removed the bug fighter in the op in a magazine. So much mystery with those warrior,I truly think they will be in the final battle instead of Jiren,this franchise is infamous for subverting the audience expectation. yay I reach 2000 post
    My bet is that Tenshinhan will face those two mystery warriors.

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

November seems to be a good time to end the Tournament, especially if they want to promote the next arc in Jump Festa.
    I'm gonna rewatch everything once it's over.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm

If its going to go on for that long then its likely Goku and Jiren will be beating eachother into a bloody pulp for quite a few epiosdes, something will interupt or its going to come down to the GoD of the last to universes to be the tie breaker.

Nero<>Akira
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Cetra wrote:
    that picture of the timeline cannot make it any clear to people that DBGT doesn't even take place in this canon lol like that name is literally on the far upper right hand corner and no years are shown after 84 and has a squiggle lol i seriously wonder how many things people need in order to confirm stuff like this.
    Cool, by your logic DBZ does not happen because it also has such a squiggle.

That squiggle has nothing to do with that.
    Where's the squiggle for Z in that picture? Cause i sure didn't see it. Unless a much larger picture has it. Regardless if it did have it, I just don't see why people have over-analyzed where GT even stands in the canon. It's 2017. People should have an understanding of how continuity works.
    Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm

How is November too fast ? wtf is wrong with people ? we're still in august

Alruneia
    I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Looking at that "confirmation" picture... I really can't see where it says it'll end in November. The arrow at the very bottom (labelled TV) reaches the end of November, the end of the graph, before stopping along with every other active arrow at that point. That certainly suggests to me that it'll keep going beyond November. I'm seeing several posts saying it'll end then, so I just thought I'd comment on that.
    Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
    Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

dbgtFO
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:
    Cetra wrote:
    that picture of the timeline cannot make it any clear to people that DBGT doesn't even take place in this canon lol like that name is literally on the far upper right hand corner and no years are shown after 84 and has a squiggle lol i seriously wonder how many things people need in order to confirm stuff like this.

Where's the squiggle for Z in that picture? Cause i sure didn't see it. Unless a much larger picture has it. Regardless if it did have it, I just don't see why people have over-analyzed where GT even stands in the canon. It's 2017. People should have an understanding of how continuity works.
    The squiggle is there after Age 764 on the Z timeline, which is probably because of the fact, that's where the timelines split, due to Trunks' time travelling, which would also imply, that GT is an alternate timeline.

Nero<>Akira
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:41 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
    Nero<>Akira wrote:
    Cetra wrote:

The squiggle is there after Age 764 on the Z timeline, which is probably because of the fact, that's where the timelines split, due to Trunks' time travelling, which would also imply, that GT is an alternate timeline.
    Yeah, probably. But GT being an alternate timeline causes plot holes anyway. It's not an alternate timeline at all. It's simply a sequel to an adaptation of the manga and is in that canon as in... not canon lol only in Xenoverse was GT an alternate timeline. It still doesn't fix any issues except that it doesn't happen in the main one. That is still saying Cooler exists, Myuu exists, Baby exists, SSJ4 exists, etc. and they clearly do not.
    Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 pm

If the picture is real then it'll end somewhere around 115-118. There's around 15 episodes left and we've yet to see Vegeta, Goha, or Freeza's main battles so hopefully things pick up and won't be rushed near the end.

We'll probably get a small side arc or slice of life episodes before the next main arc so that should be around 125-130.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Shinda Forever wrote: My bet is that Tenshinhan will face those two mystery warriors.
    I think one is enough, I want the other to be formidable opponent for u7 or u6 there way too many fodder characters
    Last edited by The gr on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

hardcorefakes
    Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Does that mean at least until November 2017, or is it for sure ending in November?

ArchedThunder
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm

What exactly does the image say and what is it from?

Cetra
    I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 pm

People should have an understanding of how continuity works.
    Well, you also don't considering the factors you are using for continuity have nothing to do with canonicity. All it needs is the intention of making something part of the same continuity no matter if it actually fits. That is the very essence of fiction. No matter how illogical and incomplete, things can be a part of whatever owners want.

It is not Trunks who splits the timeline but Cell and the squiggle has nothing to do with that because there are multiple other squiggles that do not stand for timesplits.
    Last edited by Cetra on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    "Citation needed."
    "too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheDipDap1234
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

I wonder if we will still get some Yamcha and Goten, Trunks and Marron vs poachers episodes during the tournament.
    Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Draconic
    I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

I think all the U7 warriors will get an episode to themselves and their elimination, so that's at least 7 episodes right there (since I'm assuming at least two will make it to the final act; Goku/Freeza or Goku/Gohan). Then there's Goku's new form episode for 8 and I imagine the final fight between him and Jiren will be at least two episodes long so there's 10 right there. November seems about right.
    Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Neo-Makaiōshin
    I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

namekiansaiyan
    I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 pm

This seems to short to me. There will be hardly any big matches. There will be probably be a final episode with no fighting and the final fight will probably last 2 episodes. This would leave not much time.