"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

sintzu wrote:What do you all think the next arc will be about ? a new villain from u7, someone form another universe, Freeza as the villain, something revolving around the angels ?
Planet Salada Arc, this could be the arc where Vegeta perhaps defeats a main antagonist, it ties perfectly with him. Toei had Trunks destroy Merged Zamasus body, so Vegeta could have a moment like that :think:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
sintzu wrote:What do you all think the next arc will be about ? a new villain from u7, someone form another universe, Freeza as the villain, something revolving around the angels ?
Planet Salada Arc, this could be the arc where Vegeta perhaps defeats a main antagonist, it ties perfectly with him. Toei had Trunks destroy Merged Zamasus body, so Vegeta could have a moment like that :think:
Doubtful. Especially because I feel they would have done that already if AT had any interest in that. It could still happen, I just feel it's unlikely.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Something to do with Universes 13-18 that were destroyed or something with Zarama which involves the Universe 6 Namekians.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:49 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: The Demon Realm
That would be a nice change considaring how long we've been dealing with things revolving around the universes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Well, I hope we get into EoZ by the next arc, but if not i twill probably be something related to the universes that were absent in the Tournament Of Power.
Draconic wrote:
Arg wrote:
A must watch for anyone who feels the tournament is not living up to an all round battle royale vibe.
Those videos are great, but they're edited a lot and there's a lot of freedom taken with the placing of the scenes. It's in no way relevant to how the show is actually handling things.
Not only that, but even though the edit is nicely done it doesn't feel like happens that fast in the anime and that's Toei fault for such a short limit like earthly 48 minutes
Last edited by Noah on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Here are the things that come to mind;
A new villain from one of the 4 Universes not in the tournment
The Demon Realm
Something related to the 6 Universes that Zeno destroyed previously.
I say give us some in-depth viewing of the Makai. We know next to nothing about them except for Dabura being the king and most powerful in the realm. I assume "most powerful" would be speaking in terms of ningen. Makai has its own anti variant of the Kaioshin. Offering up another Shinjin or Shinjin-esque villain after just one arc's worth of reprieve sounds like it would be excessive. Maybe if some other faction got involved like the angels then it would make for a more interesting arc. Again, I think some of us would prefer not to have another renegade celestial so soon after Zamasu.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:This seems to short to me. There will be hardly any big matches. There will be probably be a final episode with no fighting and the final fight will probably last 2 episodes. This would leave not much time.
I have to agree with this.

With how they're hyping up Jiren vs Goku, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 episodes were dedicated to nothing but Jiren and Goku. And heck, if Goku is getting a new form, then that's going to require buildup, so you could say that they'd be fighting for longer than 3 episodes. Maybe their fight takes place over 5 episodes, with the first two episodes interspersed with other major fights, and the last three episodes with nothing but Jiren vs Goku. And like you said, the last episode will probably not have any fighting, since it will be the resolution to this arc.

If it's really ending in November, then that doesn't leave a lot of breathing room for other fights. Things might get rushed.
Last edited by hardcorefakes on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm kinda hoping the 'universes getting merged" thing comes true. Everything will be complete chaos if that happens. I wanna see something like Planet Salada existing in a dumpster of a Universe, in which Cabba/Kale/Caulifla/ect. will have to join the Z Fighters in order to prevent total war.
Feels over Reals.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Lionel wrote:
I say give us some in-depth viewing of the Makai. We know next to nothing about them except for Dabura being the king and most powerful in the realm. I assume "most powerful" would be speaking in terms of ningen. Makai has its own anti variant of the Kaioshin. Offering up another Shinjin or Shinjin-esque villain after just one arc's worth of reprieve sounds like it would be excessive. Maybe if some other faction got involved like the angels then it would make for a more interesting arc. Again, I think some of us would prefer not to have another renegade celestial so soon after Zamasu.
The "most powerful" thing could be ignored by saying that in the time that Dabura was away others rose up and became more powerful than he ever was.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:If it's really ending in November, that doesn't leave a lot of breathing room for other fights. Things might get rushed.
It's going to be tough to find room for everyting. They have to build up Goku's new form like you said, his final battle will need at least 2 episodes, they have to give plenty of screen time to Freeza to justify his return, Gohan's been built up pretty well so fans are expecting major things form him, There's a lot that should be done with Piccolo and those 2 namakiens & Vegeta's expected to have a rematch with Cabba & Hit at least.
ArchedThunder wrote:The "most powerful" thing could be ignored by saying that in the time that Dabura was away others rose up and became more powerful than he ever was.
Heroes has been doing a lot with the demon relm if I'm not mistaking so they have enough material and ideas for an arc.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm in the same boat that wants something Makai related for the next arc. I think with all the gods and angel stuff that's come up, it's about time.

Especially as a group who oppose the gods, and wouldn't even be completely in the wrong, considering how Zeno destroys so freely.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:This seems to short to me. There will be hardly any big matches. There will be probably be a final episode with no fighting and the final fight will probably last 2 episodes. This would leave not much time.
I have to agree with this.

With how they're hyping up Jiren vs Goku, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 episodes were dedicated to nothing but Jiren and Goku. And heck, if Goku is getting a new form, then that's going to require buildup, so you could say that they'd be fighting for longer than 3 episodes. Maybe their fight takes place over 5 episodes, with the first two episodes interspersed with other major fights, and the last three episodes with nothing but Jiren vs Goku. And like you said, the last episode will probably not have any fighting, since it will be the resolution to this arc.

If it's really ending in November, then that doesn't leave a lot of breathing room for other fights. Things might get rushed.
Well I definitely don't see Goku VS Jiren being less than 3 episodes. I see it ranging from about 3-5 episodes tbh. This is also of course assuming it really does end in November. Assuming it does, I could legitimately see them having Jiren in like 4-5 episodes demolish a large portion of these fighters, which I believe is a fair possibility given that there are still several people in the arena, and they've clearly had to go out of their way to not use him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Wasn't Goku Vs. Hit in the U6 tournament only 3 episodes? So this will probably be the same.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:20 pm

precita wrote:Wasn't Goku Vs. Hit in the U6 tournament only 3 episodes? So this will probably be the same.
I thought many of the big fights in Super were 3 episodes long (though Goku VS Beerus was like 5 episodes long).

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Doing the math, The ToP should end at most in episode 117.

We are getting episode 104 this saturday.

Goku vs Jiren might as long as Goku vs Hit(3 episodes long).

Yeah it looks like most of the cast will be trashed, Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza and maybe 17 still be treated fine.

We could agree that Roshi is gone in episode 105...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: The Demon Realm
That would be a nice change considaring how long we've been dealing with things revolving around the universes.
The deamon realm? Not a very intreasting place to go really.

Demons have existed since the early days, hell they were used as filler and have been used as throw away villains ever since. Also vertually ever time they are used their entire nature is altered or changed.

The demons Goku met befor the 22nd Budokai, Piccolo, Lucifer, Garlic Jr, Slug (yes in the japanses dub his men refer to themselves as Mazoku), Dabura and now Towan, Mira and all those who followed in their wake.

Basically at this stage the title of "Demon" has less meaning then God dose in the dragon ball universe. The demons are just a bunch of random evil assholes who's only unifying trait is that they look evil and tend to use dark magic. Even the true nature of the demon realm is poorly defined, is it an alternate demenstion? A prison for evil doers get sent if they tick off enough boxes a check list, a lost universe? What?

Even Demon God is not that impressive anymore as, if Demgira's own words and what we have seen after that point are looked at closely, they dont have godly power. Their just powerful magic users with no ties the gods.

Demons have become the lowest hanging fruit for random dragon ball villain creation these days and theirs really not that much intreasting to explore about them save actually seeing the demon realm.

Edit: Which Heroes has already done.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:33 pm

sintzu wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:If it's really ending in November, that doesn't leave a lot of breathing room for other fights. Things might get rushed.
It's going to be tough to find room for everyting. They have to build up Goku's new form like you said, his final battle will need at least 2 episodes, they have to give plenty of screen time to Freeza to justify his return, Gohan's been built up pretty well so fans are expecting major things form him, There's a lot that should be done with Piccolo and those 2 namakiens & Vegeta's expected to have a rematch with Cabba & Hit at least.
I doubt Hit will face Vegeta. It think it could be Jiren who takes out Hit based on the way it is going . Goku vs Kale and Caulifla, Vegeta vs Cabba and Piccolo vs the Namekians will almost certainly happen towards the end of the tournament and these fights will probably last at least 1 episode each. Then there has to be a fight with Toppo and then Jiren which will be about e episodes. I definitely think Jiren is going to take out quite a few very quickly from Universe 2, 3 and 4.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 pm

precita wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
precita wrote:
They were fighters in EOZ, it's pretty obvious Toei is not going to use them till they're older. Trunks will be back in his popular adult form again and Goten will almost definitely be used in a similar support manner as the humans now.
They weren't fighters. Trunks was more of business man and Goten was busy with girls, they didn't even wanted to go to the tournament. They were literally forced by their parents.
Trunks and Goten will be fighters the same way Gohan is. Of course all the main characters have lives outside of training/fighting. This isn't Goku and Vegeta.
I already told you that bringing Goten and Trunks to the team would imply to use GT formula again and they won't do it, because, it doesn't work.
Obviously, the next arc will be about someone from the other universes that are not fighting in this tournament.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Noah wrote:
Well, I hope we get into EoZ by the next arc, but if not i twill probably be something related to the universes that were absent in the Tournament Of Power.
Draconic wrote:
Arg wrote:
A must watch for anyone who feels the tournament is not living up to an all round battle royale vibe.
Those videos are great, but they're edited a lot and there's a lot of freedom taken with the placing of the scenes. It's in no way relevant to how the show is actually handling things.
Not only that, but even though the edit is nicely done it doesn't feel like happens that fast in the anime and that's Toei fault for such a short limit like earthly 48 minutes
It doesnt happen that fast in the anime because you can only be watching one scene at a time.

Obviously its edited and not accurately depicting everything but as a viewer we can assume some events actually are happening simultaneously.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:00 pm

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:The "most powerful" thing could be ignored by saying that in the time that Dabura was away others rose up and became more powerful than he ever was.
Heroes has been doing a lot with the demon relm if I'm not mistaking so they have enough material and ideas for an arc.
So we have at least 12 - 13 episodes left. And if we shave off the last episode because that will probably contain almost no fighting, then that leaves us with maybe 11 - 12 episodes left of pure fighting.

All of those plot threads need some sort of resolution....and in 11 - 12 episodes, that's a lot to cram in. And that's ignoring the episodes which will probably only have Goku and Jiren fighting. If I shave off those episodes and it gets even more hectic.