"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm

I don't really like how "thick" Goku is in this poster. He looks way too bulked up in my opinion. His traps and neck are way too huge, if they just fixed those it would look much better.

Unfortunately most of the fans love to see the characters big and muscular.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm

alakazam^ wrote:The scan says that Universe 2's team not only has an Yardratian, but also a Tsufurian.
Is it the Baby looking creature. (Ignore this, thinking of U3)

On Goku's new form, does he has blue highlights in his hair or is that just lighting?
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:I don't know why Toyo made Gohan have Piccolo's attire. it's just visually inferior to him having the orange gi.
I honestly prefer it that way, I'm tired of the orange gi (yeah, even for Goku. The RoF outfit was better). Anyway it's just a cover, it may be different in the chapter themselves (I hope not)
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Noah wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:The scan says that Universe 2's team not only has an Yardratian, but also a Tsufurian.
WHAT!? HOW CAN THIS BE!? :shock: :o
Exactly! Isn't supposed the races for one particular universe to only inhabit in his twin counterpart? Yardratians and Tsufurian should be at U6 not U2 :wtf:
Yeah, that's sound like a bit of an inconsistency. But, to plays the devil advocate, the Tsufurian were not in the original story (the manga). It was a Toei concept introduced in a filler episode and was only further expanded in GT and the Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans OVA.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:55 pm

This is going to leave everyone way behind in terms of power apart from Jiren as the rest can't even really keep up with SSBKK Goku as it is.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:I don't know why Toyo made Gohan have Piccolo's attire. it's just visually inferior to him having the orange gi.
I honestly prefer it that way, I'm tired of the orange gi (yeah, even for Goku. The RoF outfit was better). Anyway it's just a cover, it may be different in the chapter themselves (I hope not)
I would've preferred if Goku kept his new outfit too and find it dumb Toei just shelved it. Same with Vegeta. I love Goku's normal gi, but the new one just felt like a natural progression to his EOS look. Gohan with Goku's gi just looks the best out of all his looks.
Last edited by Nero<>Akira on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Exactly! Isn't supposed the races for one particular universe to only inhabit in his twin counterpart? Yardratians and Tsufurian should be at U6 not U2 :wtf:
Yeah, that's sound like a bit of an inconsistency. But, to plays the devil advocate, the Tsufurian were not in the original story (the manga). It was a Toei concept introduced in a filler episode and was only further expanded in GT and the Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans OVA.
I don't think it's an inconsistency. I feel positive they will explain it. Maybe the Yardratian and the Tsufurian escaped together, somehow and for some reason.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:58 pm

emperior wrote:I don't really like how "thick" Goku is in this poster. He looks way too bulked up in my opinion. His traps and neck are way too huge, if they just fixed those it would look much better.

Totally agree. I was honestly hoping for the body type of SSG with Black SSJ or SSG hair.

The eyes...I wanted the red SSG eyes but I'm not sure it matters too much.

Though generally posters tend to exaggerate a bit on muscles, not sure if thats common in DB but I see it in other mediums.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
This is true. Even Episode of Bardock had the tuffle's but they were never introduced or even mentioned ever in the canon. so it makes sense if they're in U2. i think its a fine way to add them in there. i never had a particular problem with that race. hell, i honestly would not have an issue if there was a Baby looking character introduced. i'm fond of his design.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
I would've preferred if Goku kept his new outfit too and find it dumb Toei just shelved it. Same with Vegeta. I love Goku's normal gi, but the new one just felt like a natural progression to his EOS look. Gohan with Goku's gi just looks the best out of all his looks.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:00 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:This is going to leave everyone way behind in terms of power apart from Jiren as the rest can't even really keep up with SSBKK Goku as it is.
For what it's worth, this will make the battle between Goku and Jiren all the more spectacular and unpredictable. I also have a strong feeling this form will be a one time thing. But I really I hope that's not the case as I would love to see this form in action again at some point down the line. Make it Goku's new trump card since SSJB has been overplayed.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:01 pm

emperior wrote:I don't really like how "thick" Goku is in this poster. He looks way too bulked up in my opinion. His traps and neck are way too huge, if they just fixed those it would look much better.

He looks how he should be, if anything.

Can't stand skinny, overly-lean Goku from Dragon Ball Super.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
I would've preferred if Goku kept his new outfit too and find it dumb Toyo just shelved it. Same with Vegeta. I love Goku's normal gi, but the new one just felt like a natural progression to his EOS look. Gohan with Goku's gi just looks the best out of all his looks.
We don't know why the RoF outfits were shelved and who wanted that to happen.
I wouldn't want Gohan in Goku's gi. He's his own man and should have a personal gi to reflect that like the one time blue gi with orange armbands Toriyama drew him with on an early Buu Arc illustration. That or his Saiyaman gi without scarf.

As for the supposed Tsuruian, who is it? The guy with the mustache? Somebody said it's the guy, that looks like Baby, so the orange guy??

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

emperior wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Noah wrote:
I don't think it's an inconsistency. I feel positive they will explain it. Maybe the Yardratian and the Tsufurian escaped together, somehow and for some reason.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get no in universe reason why they are included but the out of universe reason is that they wanted them involved but there was no more room on team Universe 6 after adding 2 Namekians and 2 more Saiyans.
Lord Beerus wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:This is going to leave everyone way behind in terms of power apart from Jiren as the rest can't even really keep up with SSBKK Goku as it is.
For what it's worth, this will make the battle between Goku and Jiren all the more spectacular and unpredictable. I also have a strong feeling this form will be a one time thing. But I really I hope that's not the case as I would love to see this form in action again at some point down the line. Make it Goku's new trump card since SSJB has been overplayed.
It could work as a 1 time thing as otherwise it will basically make 8 Universes( if they are revived) redundant in any story going forward apart from Goku and Jiren.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:But, to plays the devil advocate, the Tsufurian were not in the original story (the manga). It was a Toei concept introduced in a filler episode and was only further expanded in GT and the Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans OVA.
Tsufurujins were actually Toriyama's concept introduced in a filler episode. They were mentioned in one of those 2014 interviews, becoming canon to the manga.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Delete, wrong post.
Last edited by HeroR on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:
MisteryOne wrote: I honestly prefer it that way, I'm tired of the orange gi (yeah, even for Goku. The RoF outfit was better). Anyway it's just a cover, it may be different in the chapter themselves (I hope not)
I would've preferred if Goku kept his new outfit too and find it dumb Toyo just shelved it. Same with Vegeta. I love Goku's normal gi, but the new one just felt like a natural progression to his EOS look. Gohan with Goku's gi just looks the best out of all his looks.
We don't know why the RoF outfits were shelved and who wanted that to happen.
I wouldn't want Gohan in Goku's gi. He's his own man and should have a personal gi to reflect that like the one time blue gi with orange armbands Toriyama drew him with on an early Buu Arc illustration. That or his Saiyaman gi without scarf.

As for the supposed Tsuruian, who is it? The guy with the mustache? Somebody said it's the guy, that looks like Baby, so the orange guy??
I forgot about his saiyaman outfit. I really love that one when he doesn't have anything covering his face or head. But I think him being in Goku's attire fits so well too cause he respects him more than anyone else (even piccolo).

As far as the tuffle, there is no visual confirmation of how he looks.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Totally agree. I was honestly hoping for the body type of SSG with Black SSJ or SSG hair.

The eyes...I wanted the red SSG eyes but I'm not sure it matters too much.

Though generally posters tend to exaggerate a bit on muscles, not sure if thats common in DB but I see it in other mediums.
I honestly like "beefed up" Goku. But only when it plays into forms and/or techniques that actually have an effect on the story that feels natural, much like how he got jacked when he cranked up the Kaioken several notches. Not stuff like ASSJ or USSJ, which even in-universe are acknowledged as transformations not worthwhile.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm

dbgtFO wrote: We don't know why the RoF outfits were shelved and who wanted that to happen.

I think the accepted theory is that Toriyama couldn't come up with a good look for Vegetto and so went back, and now with the return of SSG and this new form we stuck with them.

And yes I agree the Saiyaman outfit minus the scarf is his best look, even better all black!!

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm

I personally hope this new limit breaker will now officially retire Goku's need to use the gold in Super, but that may be asking for to much.