"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 am

Michsi wrote: Calling it now, Bra will end up adoring Freeza the same way Gohan came to adore Piccolo.
You know, that could actually work..
After all Vegeta parked at capsule Corp too, I don't see any other place for freeza to crash now that all of is army is gone as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:07 am

Woah everyone stop right there.Where is this gohan is smart so he is the leader coming from?The guy never showed anything about strategy and techniques till his fight with lavender.Throughtout his long history he defeated everyone with his hidden potential.He never showed any exceptional skill he was just a prodigy like everyone else on the show.The guy doesn't even has a original ki blast.Even vegeta the one associated with brute strength has shown more skill than him.His method of dealing with botamo was way less efficient than both goku and vegeta.His strategy against obuni was to tank his attacks with his superior power not a very good strategy if you ask me
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma. They introduced 2 Namekians to bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival.
Correction, Vegeta and Piccolo both are retiring after this arc, they brought Gohan back to be the one rivaling Goku, he always has surpassed everyone whenever he had the chance, and he is back now.. I suggest you say your goodbye to Piccolo this arc, he might not even be good enough as his meat shield job in a few years..
Do people seriously think that they are going to retire vegeta and piccolo?One of most popular and iconic characters when they are bringing back humans like Rossi and tenshinhan.Even if they have made gohan the team leader and they give piccolo a buff.Neither of them is going to replace vegeta as goku's rival freeza has the biggest chance but its a slim one.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Michsi wrote: Calling it now, Bra will end up adoring Freeza the same way Gohan came to adore Piccolo.
After all Vegeta parked at capsule Corp too, I don't see any other place for freeza to crash now that all of is army is gone as well..
I would love to see that especially vegeta's reaction.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Definitely! Assuming he ends up sticking around, I would love to see them forced to live under the same roof (albeit, a very spacious one) and drive each other crazy.
Imagine Vegeta wanting to use his training room only to find out Freeza beat him to it "Sorry, Vegeta. Occupied!"
Imagine Vegeta yelling Freeza's name in aggravation so often that it ends up being Bra's first word. Damn it, I hate it when my imagination takes off like this.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 am

Gohan hasn't really been put into many situations where skill and diligence were needed over sheer raw power. I mean of all his fights how many can you say were even-sided so that skill would become the determining factor in its outcome? Just one that was explored to any noticeable degree and that was Dabura; there's still mitigating factors that put this fight into question like Gohan's fighting senses having been dulled thanks to seven years worth of inactivity. I feel like Krillin's compliment for Gohan after their image training session during their voyage to Namek is a better piece to use as evidence.
Last edited by Lionel on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma.

Bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival.
Aren't you the one who said he was done after Black stabbed him ? :lol:

There's so much they could've and still can do with him. Being Namakien, there's a lot of different things he can bring to the table, same thing with Buu. It would've been a smart move to start this franchise revival with him alongside Goku & Vegeta as the main 3.
Ever since I have been a Dragon ball fan I have wanted Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo to always be main three and ot has happened at times.

Vegeta should have been done after being stabbed!
Hawk9211 wrote:Woah everyone stop right there.Where is this gohan is smart so he is the leader coming from?The guy never showed anything about strategy and techniques till his fight with lavender.Throughtout his long history he defeated everyone with his hidden potential.He never showed any exceptional skill he was just a prodigy like everyone else on the show.The guy doesn't even has a original ki blast.Even vegeta the one associated with brute strength has shown more skill than him.His method of dealing with botamo was way less efficient than both goku and vegeta.His strategy against obuni was to tank his attacks with his superior power not a very good strategy if you ask me
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma. They introduced 2 Namekians to bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival.
Correction, Vegeta and Piccolo both are retiring after this arc, they brought Gohan back to be the one rivaling Goku, he always has surpassed everyone whenever he had the chance, and he is back now.. I suggest you say your goodbye to Piccolo this arc, he might not even be good enough as his meat shield job in a few years..
Do people seriously think that they are going to retire vegeta and piccolo?One of most popular and iconic characters when they are bringing back humans like Rossi and tenshinhan.Even if they have made gohan the team leader and they give piccolo a buff.Neither of them is going to replace vegeta as goku's rival freeza has the biggest chance but its a slim one.
Gohan fans doing what they usually do is the answer to your first part and we are joking when talking about retiring characters. A good role for Piccolo and Frieza can be them on sides making the Saiyans look like idiots when they actually get to fight.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 am

Michsi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Definitely! Assuming he ends up sticking around, I would love to see them forced to live under the same roof (albeit, a very spacious one) and drive each other crazy.
Imagine Vegeta wanting to use his training room only to find out Freeza beat him to it "Sorry, Vegeta. Occupied!"
Imagine Vegeta yelling Freeza's name in aggravation so often that it ends up being Bra's first word. Damn it, I hate it when my imagination takes off like this.
Crap! Now I want an anime sitcom with this concept, with laughing track and everything, make it really corny.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma.

Bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival.
Aren't you the one who said he was done after Black stabbed him ? :lol:

There's so much they could've and still can do with him. Being Namakien, there's a lot of different things he can bring to the table, same thing with Buu. It would've been a smart move to start this franchise revival with him alongside Goku & Vegeta as the main 3.
Ever since I have been a Dragon ball fan I have wanted Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo to always be main three and ot has happened at times.

Vegeta should have been done after being stabbed!
Hawk9211 wrote:Woah everyone stop right there.Where is this gohan is smart so he is the leader coming from?The guy never showed anything about strategy and techniques till his fight with lavender.Throughtout his long history he defeated everyone with his hidden potential.He never showed any exceptional skill he was just a prodigy like everyone else on the show.The guy doesn't even has a original ki blast.Even vegeta the one associated with brute strength has shown more skill than him.His method of dealing with botamo was way less efficient than both goku and vegeta.His strategy against obuni was to tank his attacks with his superior power not a very good strategy if you ask me
Ki Breaker wrote: Correction, Vegeta and Piccolo both are retiring after this arc, they brought Gohan back to be the one rivaling Goku, he always has surpassed everyone whenever he had the chance, and he is back now.. I suggest you say your goodbye to Piccolo this arc, he might not even be good enough as his meat shield job in a few years..
Gohan fans doing what they usually do is the answer to your first part and we are joking when talking about retiring characters. A good role for Piccolo and Frieza can be them on sides making the Saiyans look like idiots when they actually get to fight.
It seems we both have a lot in common.I also wanted piccolo,vegeta and Goku to be the main three since I have been watching dbz.It would be awesome if we could have non saiyan characters in prominent roles.Freeza is one character I would not like to be reformed may be he gets in situations in which he has to help them.Saiyan hijacked the spot light from every one out of all characters Piccolo is the character I am sad about the most.I could actually have him not get a power up if it means to being stop gohan's hype man.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:41 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan fans doing what they usually do is the answer to your first part and we are joking when talking about retiring characters
You were a Gohan fan all along?!
Because you literally had the first contribution to this mess of chain :lol:
[spoiler]
namekiansaiyan wrote: Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma. They introduced 2 Namekians to bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival
[/spoiler]

As for characters retiring, I don't see anybody retiring anytime soon, even roshi came out of retirement, characters just won't be participating in arcs where they aren't needed to for some really off reasons..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan fans doing what they usually do is the answer to your first part and we are joking when talking about retiring characters
[spoiler]
namekiansaiyan wrote: Dont worry Vegeta will be retiring after this arc to help look after Bulla with Bulma. They introduced 2 Namekians to bring Piccolo back to be Goku's main rival
[/spoiler]

As for characters retiring, I don't see anybody retiring anytime soon, even roshi came out of retirement, characters just won't be participating in arcs where they aren't needed to for some really off reasons..
This is the one that started it and I think you will recognise the name :)

[spoiler]
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The preview for episode 105 said the tournament is entering its middle stage so what does that mean? Do they mean the number of fighters left or episodes?
That probably means tournament early stages are over and mid tier fighters are about to go next..
Surprisingly piccolo didn't go down with the low tiers, sticking with gohan really helped him survive..
[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The preview for episode 105 said the tournament is entering its middle stage so what does that mean? Do they mean the number of fighters left or episodes?
That probably means tournament early stages are over and mid tier fighters are about to go next..
Surprisingly piccolo didn't go down with the low tiers, sticking with gohan really helped him survive..
[/spoiler]
That's a different chain not talking about retiring characters..Which was broken down yesterday.. I can't possibly hog all the credit of your today's hardwork by myself.. :)

Moving on, What are the chances Vegeta or any saiyan for that matter gets the Neko Saiyan form?
The form suits Goku's hair well, but It's hard to imagine it will look good in anyone but him.. Kind of like SS3..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:06 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: You were a Gohan fan all along?!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Ki Breaker wrote: That probably means tournament early stages are over and mid tier fighters are about to go next..
[/spoiler]
That's a different chain not talking about retiring characters..Which was broken down yesterday.. I can't possibly hog all the credit of your today's hardwork by myself.. :)

Moving on, What are the chances Vegeta or any saiyan for that matter gets the Neko Saiyan form?
The form suits Goku's hair well, but It's hard to imagine it will look good in anyone but him.. Kind of like SS3..
Maybe that is the point, so they all have different forms. Vegeta's hairstyle does not change so it might be time for more creativity.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

Images for episode 104. Really not much new here. Though it does make me think that Dyspo is going to take on Hit by himself and the other Pride Trooper is only going to come in when Goku intervenes.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am

JazzMazz wrote:Images for episode 104. Really not much new here. Though it does make me think that Dyspo is going to take on Hit by himself and the other Pride Trooper is only going to come in when Goku intervenes.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I don't think Goku would interfer in a fair 1v1 battle.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 am

emperior wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Images for episode 104. Really not much new here. Though it does make me think that Dyspo is going to take on Hit by himself and the other Pride Trooper is only going to come in when Goku intervenes.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Well judging by the preview, thats exactly what's going to happen.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:40 am

JazzMazz wrote:
emperior wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Well judging by the preview, thats exactly what's going to happen.

It's a preview. They're pictures meant to get you excited. Don't over analyze it :roll:
How i predict the tournament will end:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am

Hit is completely doomed if Goku will remain busy fighting Dypo.

Kunsil calling them for backup is very smart on his part.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am

Toppo. :lol:

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 am

perucho1990 wrote:Hit is completely doomed if Goku will remain busy fighting Dypo.

Yet we already know he's getting eliminated. Thanks Toei.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:53 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Hit is completely doomed if Goku will remain busy fighting Dypo.

Yet we already know he's getting eliminated. Thanks Toei.
It is not Toei's fault as the magazine was not supposed to release until the 21st and the episode airs the 20th so blame the leakers.