"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:54 pm

TheMikado wrote:I'm not surprised at all by SSGs execution, consequently I'm not at all angry about it either. I gave up during the Trunks arc. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone reaches their breaking point eventually, mine just happened to be much earlier in the series than others. So this is not a big deal at all to me and I'm actually just happy it made an appearance at all in the first place.
Yeah, i'm getting to that point where i'm just not gonna care how little sense the show makes and become numb to the whole thing. Maybe then the show will actually be watchable to me.

So I haven't watched the episode yet, does Goku literally pull out Super Saiyan God out of nowhere and the show pretends that he's done it for quite some time now?
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:What's with Caulifla and Hit's relationship? They presumably never met before this tournament, yet Caulifla keeps treating him with respect.
Hit is the legendary assassin of Universe 6. She doesn't want to piss him off else he'll kill her even if they win the tournament.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:What's with Caulifla and Hit's relationship? They presumably never met before this tournament, yet Caulifla keeps treating him with respect.
We don't know how much time passed in-between ep 93(?) and when U6 arrived. It can be assumed they conversated at least somewhat since she also knows about his Timeskip. And plus, hes famous.
Feels over Reals.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm

He's the #1 assassin and fighter in her universe, that's why.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Wasn't Hit said to be a legendary figure in Universe 6 with his record? Being a gang leader I wouldn't be surprised if she's heard of him and respects his power and reputation.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm

RedHeat wrote:
We don't know how much time passed in-between ep 93(?) and when U6 arrived. It can be assumed they conversated at least somewhat since she also knows about his Timeskip. And plus, hes famous.
And that's the problem we've been harping about Super for months on end. We have to make assumptions and speculations about the relationship between notable characters. The interactions don't leave you fully answered, they have you asking more questions because nothing is really established regarding this, and this between Caulifla and Hit is just another example.

And Hit being the number one assasin doesn't fully explain to me why she respects him given her personality. A simple statement in the show would be good enough.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

omaro34 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
And that's the problem we've been harping about Super for months on end. We have to make assumptions and speculations about the relationship between notable characters. The interactions don't leave you fully answered, they have you asking more questions because nothing is really established regarding this, and this between Caulifla and Hit is just another example.

And Hit being the number one assasin doesn't fully explain to me why she respects him given her personality. A simple statement in the show would be good enough.
Bro Hit is U6's strongest fighter. Caulifla's respect for him should be self-explanatory.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
And he saved her from getting knocked out a few episodes back, as well as generally kicking ass for their team.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Dyspos initial appearance probably should have been a little better and showcased his speed. Or at least gone the Jiren route and kept his abilities a mystery. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see why people are shocked that Dyspo isn't as much a push over as they might have thought.
It's really inconsistent with the recruitment episodes and makes me feel like the show just wasted my time showing us these characters beforehand, which is really pissing me off. I mean, their has been quite a few characters that were showcased and made to look like we were supposed to see them as a big deal only for them to be fodder. This is the same situation but in reverse and its confusing the hell out me. At this point I have to wonder if they're doing it on purpose because it's happened so many times.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Dyspos initial appearance probably should have been a little better and showcased his speed. Or at least gone the Jiren route and kept his abilities a mystery. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see why people are shocked that Dyspo isn't as much a push over as they might have thought.
It's really inconsistent with the recruitment episodes and makes me feel like the show just wasted my time showing us these characters beforehand, which is really pissing me off. I mean, their has been quite a few characters that were showcased and made to look like we were supposed to see them as a big deal only for them to be fodder. This is the same situation but in reverse and its confusing the hell out me. At this point I have to wonder if they're doing it on purpose because it's happened so many times.
Ikr. It feels like one team in Toei worked on the recruitment episodes and another team in Toei worked on the ToP episodes, and the ToP team never told the recruitment team which fighters were going to be impressive.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
And he saved her from getting knocked out a few episodes back, as well as generally kicking ass for their team.
They problem is she hasn't shown any kind of respect for authority whatsoever, whys Hit different to her? I'd expect her to not care and be arrogant and cocky. She doesn't seem to be particularly respectful of Champa or Zeno that we've seen.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:16 pm

The episode was great, if we ignore how nonsensical SSG's use is by this point, but there was one part that was absolutely terrible. They give Kunshi an interesting ability, they even show Hit trying to get past it using long-ranged attacks, and then what does Goku do? He plows through it with his raw strength.

C'mon, you can nerf Goku if it means showcasing that he's an intelligent fighter, like he's supposed to be.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:
I get that it can be a little annoying. But it doesn't need to piss you off. We had one episode to show us other universes but we didn't see much of what they could actually do. Dyspo being the exception and the inconsistency, but we see what he is capable of now. Kind of dumb but not very confusing especially since the episode actually takes a lot of time to explain why he can do what he can do and the weakness that comes with it. The characters TOLD us Narrirama would be awesome. But that doesn't mean he is actually going to be awesome. In fact I kind of assumed he would be a joke with all the ridiculous "Features" he had. It's sad but it isn't confusing. All Ribrianne did was blow away two random dudes in the recruitment episodes.

If anything the recruitment episodes just didn't show us enough about the other universes and their capabilities. The only other thing was saw was the U6 Saiyans.
TheMikado wrote: They problem is she hasn't shown any kind of respect for authority whatsoever, whys Hit different to her? I'd expect her to not care and be arrogant and cocky. She doesn't seem to be particularly respectful of Champa or Zeno that we've seen.
She was really disrespectful to Goku until he proved he could actually fight. Then she changed her tune really quick. It's probably the same deal with Hit. She knows and has seen what he is capable of, there is no reason why she wouldn't treat him with respect.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:The episode was great, if we ignore how nonsensical SSG's use is by this point, but there was one part that was absolutely terrible. They give Kunshi an interesting ability, they even show Hit trying to get past it using long-ranged attacks, and then what does Goku do? He plows through it with his raw strength.

C'mon, you can nerf Goku if it means showcasing that he's an intelligent fighter, like he's supposed to be.
He was shown being smart with SSG to SSB thing. Even told Dyspo straight up that his attack patter is way to linear, so he'd just have to get the timing right, which explains why he went SSB as Dyspo put it, Goku "read his movements."

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Is it surprising that Caulifla wants to help someone on her team? Her wanting to help Hit means she shows a deep admiration and respect for him? I really don't understand the thought process here. You guys seem to be making a lot of extrapolations.
-
Edit:1
precita wrote:They mentioned Dyspo looks like Beerus and Champa in the ep...but they didn't explain why. I'm not sure why they didn't, they could have just said they all originate from the same planet or something.
I believe Toriyama just designed a purple bunny guy that resembles Beerus and thought nothing of it. I wouldn't expect some Purple Animal Planet related backstory from him anytime soon.
Last edited by Yomi on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clap:

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm just glad Dyspo wasn't knocked off; the writers can't help themselves when it comes to U6/U7. Still had to have that other guy get knocked off though.

Anything to wank them off, I suppose. That only makes me cheer harder for those two universes to lose if anything else.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:34 pm

They mentioned Dyspo looks like Beerus and Champa in the ep...but they didn't explain why. I'm not sure why they didn't, they could have just said they all originate from the same planet or something.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
TheMikado wrote: They problem is she hasn't shown any kind of respect for authority whatsoever, whys Hit different to her? I'd expect her to not care and be arrogant and cocky. She doesn't seem to be particularly respectful of Champa or Zeno that we've seen.
She was really disrespectful to Goku until he proved he could actually fight. Then she changed her tune really quick. It's probably the same deal with Hit. She knows and has seen what he is capable of, there is no reason why she wouldn't treat him with respect.
That is true, but I was thinking more in the context of how she's behaved towards Cabba. Even during the training episodes she kinda acted like Cabba wasn't worthy of her respect. Her initial interaction with Goku, while irksome was consistent with that.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Does it really matter why Beerus and Champa look similar though? If they acknowledged the similarities but didn't go any further then it probably doesn't matter. Out of universe it's just sloppy character design at worst.

For something I think is a similar case, Recoome looks 100% human. Though it wasn't important why that is.
TheMikado wrote:
That is true, but I was thinking more in the context of how she's behaved towards Cabba. Even during the training episodes she kinda acted like Cabba wasn't worthy of her respect. Her initial interaction with Goku, while irksome was consistent with that.
Cabba and Caulifla kind of give off the implication that they know each other. Caulifla probably just doesn't like Cabba. Cabba even says he isn't good with her. But even then she stopped being super hostile once he showed her Super Saiyan.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 pm

I seriously doubt they purposely designed Dyspo to look so similar to Beerus without a reason behind it. Because all the other Pride Troopers look completely different from one another and Dyspo's design could have been any other alien looking design.