"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

emi_b7 wrote:I actually liked that in the manga.
I do as well, the difference is that the manga went out of its way to establish it and other things it worked with later on, here it's just out of nowhere. For all we know we might never see it again after this and they'll go back to using Blue for everything like opening a jar.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Doctor. wrote:What's with Caulifla and Hit's relationship? They presumably never met before this tournament, yet Caulifla keeps treating him with respect.
Because Hit saved her in episode 101, who wouldnt treat with respect to the person that saved her life?(In Cauliflas case from being eliminated).

KuririnNoKotoKa

Post by KuririnNoKotoKa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 pm

sintzu wrote:
Yomi wrote:I understand that him using it 3 times during the recruitment arc completely nullifies this for some people but I really don't get that reasoning.

You really shouldn't assume the thought processes of other people.

It just seems like a way for you to project something onto someone that will add to how upset you are at them.
He used it a lot in the Zamasu arc as well and no one brought up this issue.

Then what was their thought ? why was it brought back out of nowhere ?

They've done it time and again so why would it be different now ? everything with Trunks was just them doing because they thought'd be cool or something, for all we know the same thing's happening with this.
That just means the fights didn't last long enough in-universe for the stamina issue to truly hinder them.

Remember that once Zamasu went universe, Goku didn't have enough gas in the tank to even transform into Blue for more than a second or so.

Still an inconsistency, but one to easily weave the story around.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:The episode was great, if we ignore how nonsensical SSG's use is by this point, but there was one part that was absolutely terrible. They give Kunshi an interesting ability, they even show Hit trying to get past it using long-ranged attacks, and then what does Goku do? He plows through it with his raw strength.

C'mon, you can nerf Goku if it means showcasing that he's an intelligent fighter, like he's supposed to be.
Thats Goku being Goku, acted like in original DB when he was such a madman.

I agree with the lack of explanation regarding SSJG though.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Jobbing.
Seeing Goku team up with Hit hurt the pride.
Imagine we get an offhand comment in like an episode or two of Vegeta saying he saw Goku teaming with Hitto
This should happen. Vegeta always wants to keep up with Goku, and seeing a stronger new fighter that Goku teams up with would easily make Vegeta angry. We've never seen Vegeta pull out the red form in the Anime, too, so seeing Goku do it would piss him off too. That's two good punches to that ego.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:01 am

Noah wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Jobbing.
Owning*

Respect the prince, mate
He's going to be kindling for Jiren (or Toppo, if the writers are feeling especially spiteful).

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 am

Kanassa wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I guess suddenly everyone will love the SSG - SSB switcheroo move, despite crapping on it for being an AF repeat in the manga
I mean, I actually liked it in the manga (It was one of the few times I applauded it), though it also didn't make sense with how the Manga treats Blue.
For me, didn't like it in the manga and certainly don't like it in the anime. It's really pointless.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:27 am

Anyone think that they are going to have Jiren knock out like 95% of Universe 6 and Universe 7?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:27 am

Am I the only one who is probably going to skip next weeks episode?
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Anyone think that they are going to have Jiren knock out like 95% of Universe 6 and Universe 7?
Pretty much. I could see Vegeta, Hit, Goku and Frieza all fighting him one on one.

Seems fair seeing as how he's done absolutely nothing this entire tournament while everyone else is draining energy.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:37 am

TheOne wrote:Am I the only one who is probably going to skip next weeks episode?
Why would you purposely skip an episode?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 am

precita wrote:
TheOne wrote:Am I the only one who is probably going to skip next weeks episode?
I personally have no desire to see an episode about Roshi. I'm in the group of people who don't think he belongs in the tournament. Unless I miss out on something crazy, I'm just going to read the summary. I'll gauge and see the reaction of everyone on here and see if it's worth watching. An entire episode dedicated to him doesn't sound too appealing to me.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 am

TheOne wrote:
precita wrote:
I personally have no desire to see an episode about Roshi. I'm in the group of people who don't think he belongs in the tournament. Unless I miss out on something crazy, I'm just going to read the summary. I'll gauge and see the reaction of everyone on here and see if it's worth watching. An entire episode dedicated to him doesn't sound too appealing to me.
I'm sure some aspect of the episode would be interesting, and either way I think purposely skipping new episodes you've never seen in an important arc to be rather strange. Every ep should be watched at least once, and then form your own opinions on it.

At this point Roshi has done far more than Tenshinhan...the latter which hasn't done anything on his own yet.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 am

Noah wrote:
Basako wrote:I'm not assuming it has changed, I witnessed how it went from a 10 page per month thing, to a complete 40 page story. It totally grew in front of our eyes.
I always thought the increasing number of pages was due the arc having much to tell, Champa arc was just a simple tournament and Future Trunks arc was all about another future crises, time travels, retreats and long battles.
Did he really had to tell the cart race, Trunks' flashback or this episodes fight? No man, he is telling his own thing in his own pace, zero rushing and totally apart from the anime. If it had to promote US arc, it would have started doing so in February, and here we are, in August.
Heno heno kappa!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:18 am

Why doesn't anybody ring out Cauliflowa and kale?
They are sitting ducks right now, the tournament stage is a circular space, and they are behind a wall, it's not like they even have a lot of cover, anybody can and should spot them from the other side..

We are talking about roshi getting disqualified because he will tire out after the Mafuba, Goku wanting to save stamina to fight till the end, but these girls are camping around like it's a goddam picnic spot..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:28 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Why doesn't anybody ring out Cauliflowa and kale?
They are sitting ducks right now, the tournament stage is a circular space, and they are behind a wall, it's not like they even have a lot of cover, anybody can and should spot them from the other side..
A better question is, why aren't they fighting ? I know they wanted to rest but the tournament isn't long enough for that. Can they really make up that much stamina in 5 or so minutes ?
omaro34 wrote:We've never seen Vegeta pull out the red form in the Anime, so seeing Goku do it would piss him off. That's a good punch to that ego.
It's an even bigger punch to the writers' credibility.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:31 am

sintzu wrote:
A better question is, why aren't they fighting ? I know they wanted to rest but the tournament isn't long enough for that. Can they really make up that much stamina in 5 or so minutes ?
It might be because she understood she isn't big shot after all, but the chances are slim because she just now wanted to challenge the guy beating hit..
So I will have to go with them being really badly damaged, enough to not be able to fight continuously..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:34 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It might be because she understood she isn't big shot after all, but the chances are slim because she just now wanted to challenge the guy beating hit..
So I will have to go with them being really badly damaged, enough to not be able to fight continuously..
It only been a few minutes in-universe since Kale and Cali fought and they probably haven't been ring out because they're suppressing themselves and are hidden among the other big powers in the tournament.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:36 am

sintzu wrote:
omaro34 wrote:We've never seen Vegeta pull out the red form in the Anime, so seeing Goku do it would piss him off. That's a good punch to that ego.
Kale and Caulifla should be finished and I said this after the Pride Troopers episode and they are literally laying on the floor now so they can't do anything. They better not give them a stupid boost in power later on as that would jusy be annoying. Can't someone just tell Frieza that there are 2 monkeys on the floor for him to torture and eventually knock out.
HeroR wrote:
It only been a few minutes in-universe since Kale and Cali fought and they probably haven't been ring out because they're suppressing themselves and are hidden among the other big powers in the tournament.
They are only in becuase they are Saiyans but they are obviously useless so what is the point.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Kale and Caulifla should be finished and I said this after the Pride Troopers episode and they are literally laying on the floor now so they can't do anything. They better not give them a stupid boost in power later on as that would jusy be annoying. Can't someone just tell Frieza that there are 2 monkeys on the floor for him to torture and eventually knock out.
HeroR wrote:
They are only in becuase they are Saiyans but they are obviously useless so what is the point.
Kale who tanked a Blue Kamehameha is useless....okay then.

And maybe someone can tell Freeza that there are two green slugs hiding in the tournament and he can give them a live reenactment of his visit to Namek.
Kanassa wrote: