"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 pm

The gr wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: If anything I see him doing all that and in the end the boulder which is supposed to crush Gokus head simply vaporizes after touching him.. And then he Mr Sherlock gets one shotted
Yup proving raw power>intelligence.
    om annoyed that goku is gonna bear hug & probaly let his guard down again,at this point ya a drinking game
      take one sip if you see a smug fighter take two if he is targeting u6/7
        take one sip if goku let his guard down take two if beerus & Co said He let his guard down
        You trying to overdose me or something? :lol:
        Why is Goku even struggling with these guys.. It would be more fun seeing them try out planned attacks and fail miserably
        The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MainJPW
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:34 pm

The gr wrote: Yup proving raw power>intelligence.
          om annoyed that goku is gonna bear hug & probaly let his guard down again,at this point ya a drinking game
              take one sip if goku let his guard down take two if beerus & Co said He let his guard down
                Take a drink when you see atatata
                  take a sip when you a recycled still images from the gods
                  This is potentially deadly.

SansrivaaL
                  I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
                  The gr wrote:
                  Ki Breaker wrote: If anything I see him doing all that and in the end the boulder which is supposed to crush Gokus head simply vaporizes after touching him.. And then he Mr Sherlock gets one shotted
                  Yup proving raw power>intelligence.
                        You trying to overdose me or something? :lol:
                        Why is Goku even struggling with these guys.. It would be more fun seeing them try out planned attacks and fail miserably
                        Goku's sadistic side is showing, he is mindfucking them, giving them a slim light of hope that they have an actual chance against him only to screw them up in the last mint.

The gr
                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:38 pm

MainJPW wrote: This is potentially deadly.
                        take the challenge if you're willing to,it could be fun
                        Ki Breaker wrote: You trying to overdose me or something? :lol:
                        ,he is struggling because he let his guard down or holding back maybe maji mayo ambushed goku or something's like that. goku at this point is doing this for the shit n giggles he is not taking this seriously & savings his power for jiren or he is doing this because he is gathering knowledge over all the fighter like Rozie,I won't be surprise if he use his previous knowledge to defeat jiren
                        Last edited by The gr on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
                        Mostly active on discord.

Totamo
                        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Boruto has already stepped out of Naruto's shadow. Both the character and the series. The fault is of the fans who keep comparing it to the previous series and don't accept it as its own thing. Also, yep Sarada is best character. More of her please.

On topic, Hokkaido marathon is quite the event from what I've heard. The article says DBS will air on 12 instead of 9 in the morning which it usually does due to the marathon. That's what Google translate gives me.
                        The fact are more excited for Sauske's return says a lot about the show.

All the next gen are just clones of the previous gen, which is one of the dumbest things you can ever do to avoid comparisons like that.

The buttom line is boruto is just bloody boring and feels like filler and not the good kind.

Ki Breaker
                        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm

The gr wrote:
                        MainJPW wrote: This is potentially deadly.
                        take the challenge if you're willing to,it could be fun
                        Ki Breaker wrote: You trying to overdose me or something? :lol:
                        ,he is struggling because he let his guard down or holding back maybe maji mayo ambushed goku or something's like that. goku at this point is doing this for the shit n giggles he is not taking this seriously & savings his power for jiren
                        Goku has already figured out who he is gonna fuck, others are simply there to drive him home and pay for his meals..

It makes sense he isn't taking them seriously, his standards are far higher, and rightfully so..
                        The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Goku has already figured out who he is gonna fuck, others are simply there to drive him home and pay for his meals..

It makes sense he isn't taking them seriously, his standards are far higher, and rightfully so..
                        That why I think goku is pretending to let his guard down just to have fun & analyzed their fighting style to use them for later fight for the big guys

Vegeta-Sama
                        Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Its not possible Goku fucks off for atleast one Episode in the ToP... :yawn:

Ki Breaker
                        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Its not possible Goku fucks off for atleast one Episode in the ToP... :yawn:
                        Nope..
                        Whether or not that's a bad thing, could be argued..
                        Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
                        Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Vegeta-Sama wrote:Its not possible Goku fucks off for atleast one Episode in the ToP... :yawn:
                        He did. It's called Epsoide 99. Unless you're going to count the three minutes he got at the beginning of the epsoide.
                        Kanassa wrote:
                        precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
                        Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The gr
                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:00 pm

he is like one of those slasher villain,appearing out nowhere,now he need to be like ,everytime he appear he start laughing & say Chi, chi, chi; ha, ha,catch that reference.Like heroR said,he did not have that much screentime in 99
                        Last edited by The gr on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
                        I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Goku has let his guard down too many times already and should more than likely be out as surely someone would have had at least one lucky shot to knock him out by now.

Shaqazooloo
                        Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:04 pm

He did for episode 99, but it's unlikely he'll do it again...

Seriously this is really annoying, I mean you would figure in a battle royale setting they would reduce Goku's screen-time to the bare minimum, but he still appears in every episode. I guess the bare minimum amount of screen-time for Goku is 80% or so...
                        Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
                        1. Waluigi
                        2. Whis
                        3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Chuquita
                        Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm

I think it's actually kind of comedic at this point, Toei making sure Goku pops in each episode. I can't blame them though; I wasn't looking forward to this weekend's when the episode preview made it look like a Roshi-only episode.

Also Goku getting attacked from behind is actually a trend this arc now; I think this is the 4th time it's happened.
                        My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
                        ---
                        フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
                        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:06 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Goku has let his guard down too many times already and should more than likely be out as surely someone would have had at least one lucky shot to knock him out by now.
                        That's why many are thinking he isn't taking this seriously, these guys are way too less of a concern for him to worry about..
                        And weapons aren't allowed so no laser this time around, if any energy blasts come his direction he will sense it..

namekiansaiyan
                        I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:

Seriously this is really annoying, I mean you would figure in a battle royale setting they would reduce Goku's screen-time to the bare minimum, but he still appears in every episode. I guess the bare minimum amount of screen-time for Goku is 80% or so...
                        Goku can't be involved in this many fights while others are doing nothing at all. It is just not that believable.
                        Ki Breaker wrote:
                        namekiansaiyan wrote:Goku has let his guard down too many times already and should more than likely be out as surely someone would have had at least one lucky shot to knock him out by now.
                        That's why many are thinking he isn't taking this seriously, these guys are way too less of a concern for him to worry about..
                        And weapons aren't allowed so no laser this time around, if any energy blasts come his direction he will sense it..
                        That is the point, he would have completely underestimated something by now and be either seriously damaged or out.

The gr
                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:I think it's actually kind of comedic at this point, Toei making sure Goku pops in each episode. I can't blame them though; I wasn't looking forward to this weekend's when the episode preview made it look like a Roshi-only episode.

Also Goku getting attacked from behind is actually a trend this arc now; I think this is the 4th time it's happened.
                        To complete the package, they need goku to have signature laugh when he appear that would be the icing in the cake,
                          this is the 3rd time he is getting hugged from behind with nink,tupper & maji kayo or 4th if you want to count the exhibition

Ki Breaker
                          Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: That is the point, he would have completely underestimated something by now and be either seriously damaged or out.
                          Can't underestimate something which has no estimate to being with..
                          That's what Goku is going with.. He has no expectations form them..
                          No need to be hyper alert or have no guard at all..
                          He can see what fighters are doing around him, he knows what direction he is talking..
                          And to seriously injure him one needs ti be god level at least, there aren't many here that can do that..
                          You can't use projectiles on Goku he will sense them, you can't do much when you grab him from behind either, he will simply go god and there's that..
                          Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaqazooloo
                          Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Goku let's his Guard down... again? Really? This is the problem with focusing on Goku so much and putting him up against fodder, the only way they can make it seem like Goku is in any kind of trouble is to have him drop his Guard, causing fake tension. They have plenty of other characters that can get into fights and have actual tension, but for whatever reason they don't...
                          Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
                          1. Waluigi
                          2. Whis
                          3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

perucho1990
                          I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Shaqazooloo wrote:

Ironically speaking episode 99 was the lowest rated episode in DBS.

You might skip tonights episode because it will air at the same time McGregor vs Mayweather will air