"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am

Luke Groundwalker wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:D- dude, chill the fuck out. It's okay if people speculate. o_o;
Speculation and saying, "About the rumors" when those rumors don't really exist are two very different things. In a franchise that is plagued by false rumors, I completely get being angry. Those rumors from 2ch also haven't been confirmed to be fake either as that same poster suggested in another post (even though they probably are).
I get being angry. A profanity-laden shoutfest just seemed like a disproportionate response, is all. To me, anyway.

But, I'm not familiar with the history of emperior when it comes to rumors. So maybe Baggie_Saiyan hit a breaking point.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:About the rumors of Super possibly ending with episode 133, that wouldn't actually be bad at all if there's a new Dragon Ball show exactly after it.
Say, if the tournament ends around episode 120 (I think it will end sooner though) and Super ends at 133, that would be 13 weeks of fillers. They could make some fun filler about Goten and Trunks growing up, show more of Pan's relationship with Goku etc... to lead up to the end of Z. It would be a little weird if Super suddenly went after EoZ, considering it's been marketed as being set in the 10 years of gap.
Then they could either make a new brand or pick DBZ up again. I mean, wouldn't it be much better from a marketing point if they announced DBZ is returning? Though it's very unlikely because they would have to continue starting from episode 292 in that case, I think.
Anyways, a new show planned in advance would finally fix the schedule, and we would also get new designs (hopefully better ones). I would definitely endure another wave of fillers if it means they fix the show. Although it could be counter-productive if they suddenly dropped the Super brand considering it's doing well and there's also a manga under the same name.
Do you guys think there's a possibility we will be getting a new show to mark the beginning of stories set after Z and the manga, if it happens at all? Or would they continue with Super, even if it goes after the end of the manga?
There are NO F**king rumours about the show ending on episode 133, please stop with this f**king nonsense. The BD Box for 11 having ONE EXTRA EPISODE DOES NOT F**KING MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!
You guys have finally done it. You've managed to break someone mentally. :lol:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:20 am

Chuquita wrote:

9/9 at 6:45pm and 9/10 at 3:10pm Japan time.
Thanks, I hope Trunks and Goten dont get a short cameo. I heard that this special will be a 27 hours broadcast. Even if its not DB related, we could finally get to see Goten being developed, our buddy Lemmy should be happy Goten will get some spotlight. :D

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 am

perucho1990 wrote:Its kinda funny how the japanese fans were most interested in Roshi than Gohan/Piccolo and 18/Krillin based on the ratings, I believe that Piccolo is dragging down Gohan in all aspects, because his character got buried and rarely people care for him these days.
Kinda funny how you make your opinion sound like a fact. Time and time again, you've been told the characters and the plot have virtually no bearing on the ratings, yet you always come up with these ridiculous conclusions, coming up with correlations that don't even exist.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:About the rumors of Super possibly ending with episode 133, that wouldn't actually be bad at all if there's a new Dragon Ball show exactly after it.
Say, if the tournament ends around episode 120 (I think it will end sooner though) and Super ends at 133, that would be 13 weeks of fillers. They could make some fun filler about Goten and Trunks growing up, show more of Pan's relationship with Goku etc... to lead up to the end of Z. It would be a little weird if Super suddenly went after EoZ, considering it's been marketed as being set in the 10 years of gap.
Then they could either make a new brand or pick DBZ up again. I mean, wouldn't it be much better from a marketing point if they announced DBZ is returning? Though it's very unlikely because they would have to continue starting from episode 292 in that case, I think.
Anyways, a new show planned in advance would finally fix the schedule, and we would also get new designs (hopefully better ones). I would definitely endure another wave of fillers if it means they fix the show. Although it could be counter-productive if they suddenly dropped the Super brand considering it's doing well and there's also a manga under the same name.
Do you guys think there's a possibility we will be getting a new show to mark the beginning of stories set after Z and the manga, if it happens at all? Or would they continue with Super, even if it goes after the end of the manga?
There are NO F**king rumours about the show ending on episode 133, please stop with this f**king nonsense. The BD Box for 11 having ONE EXTRA EPISODE DOES NOT F**KING MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!
It's official, Kanzenshuu owes me a new pair of sides.
Feels over Reals.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 am

Xeztin wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Ken Xyro @KenXyro
Possible spoilers about new form:

It involves awakening the original "brutal and cruel" Saiyan genes.

Take this with a grain of salt.
If this becomes true, then it would be a good chance to explain SSJ Ikari or Berserker form, could be related to it.
There is also a rumor about an elimination and [spoiler]Vegeta getting a new devlish form and tail? Vegeta eliminates Hit.[/spoiler]

Also about Kenxyro's statement would make sense, they did kinda for fore-shadow it with Vegeta saying that's possibly the original Super Saiyan or whatever referring to Kale.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Vegeta fanboys are still desperate that Hitto disciplined Vegeta. :lol:
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:16 am, edited 8 times in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 am

omaro34 wrote: Kinda funny how you make your opinion sound like a fact. Time and time again, you've been told the characters and the plot have virtually no bearing on the ratings, yet you always come up with these ridiculous conclusions, coming up with correlations that don't even exist.
SSJ Ikari Trunks and Trunks Arc Overall deny it.

The current arc ratings mostly have to do with the treatment of Jiren, who has been a complete borefest, he is shaping up to be one of the worst antagonists in Shounen history.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 am

perucho1990 wrote:
omaro34 wrote: Kinda funny how you make your opinion sound like a fact. Time and time again, you've been told the characters and the plot have virtually no bearing on the ratings, yet you always come up with these ridiculous conclusions, coming up with correlations that don't even exist.

The current arc ratings mostly have to do with the treatment of Jiren, who has been a complete borefest, he is shaping up to be one of the worst antagonists in Shounen history.
You are doing again as that is not a fact and there is no evidence saying he is affecting the ratings.
Shinda Forever wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
If this becomes true, then it would be a good chance to explain SSJ Ikari or Berserker form, could be related to it.
There is also a rumor about an elimination and [spoiler]Vegeta getting a new devlish form and tail? Vegeta eliminates Hit.[/spoiler]

Also about Kenxyro's statement would make sense, they did kinda for fore-shadow it with Vegeta saying that's possibly the original Super Saiyan or whatever referring to Kale.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it was any character apart from Vegeta it could actually be even a little believable.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am

perucho1990 wrote:

Well to play along with you, that's only because the writers decided to make Jiren a mute. He doesn't interact with anybody. Hasn't said a line since the episode before the ToP actually began. It can be an easy fix and get Jiren to have a personality a bit instead of standing on top of a rock mute with his arms crossed.

Goku centric episodes had low ratings this arc. In particular the episode where Goku and Vegeta taking out Universe 9 together had lower ratings than expected, and I'm sure the main guns had nothing to down with it. All the shows close to Super's time slot have been dropping, and that's due to external factors mainly. Over analyzing it doesn't accomplish much.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am

omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Well to play along with you, that's only because the writers decided to make Jiren a mute. He doesn't interact with anybody. Hasn't said a line since the episode before the ToP actually began. It can be an easy fix and get Jiren to have a personality a bit instead of standing on top of a rock mute with his arms crossed.

Goku centric episodes had low ratings this arc. In particular the episode where Goku and Vegeta taking out Universe 9 together had lower ratings than expected, and I'm sure the main guns had nothing to down with it. All the shows close to Super's time slot have been dropping, and that's due to external factors mainly. Over analyzing it doesn't accomplish much.
Jiren might not even be around much longer to do anything to the ratings after the special.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 am

omaro34 wrote: Well to play along with you, that's only because the writers decided to make Jiren a mute. He doesn't interact with anybody. Hasn't said a line since the episode before the ToP actually began. It can be an easy fix and get Jiren to have a personality a bit instead of standing on top of a rock mute with his arms crossed.

Goku centric episodes had low ratings this arc, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with Goku. All the shows close to Super's time slot have been dropping, and that's due to external factors mainly. Over analyzing it doesn't accomplish much.
The highest rated episode of the ToP(not overall Saga which would include Zeno exhibition matches and recruitments) were episode 97(makes sense because it was the beginning of the ToP), episode 101 and 104. All of those were 5.0 and above, after that it was episode 98 which was Goku and Vegeta vs U9.

You could assume that U6 was the reason DBS werent hitting the 4s.

Fans would rather see Caulifla and Kale than Piccolo,Krillin, etc :thumbup:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:09 am

I think everything's down because:
-fewer people watch shows live on TV
-there are no published ratings for streams
-there are no more published ratings for DVR
-fewer people in Japan are having kids
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Jiren might not even be around much longer to do anything to the ratings after the special.
Jiren could be a secondary antagonist, at least I hope so. I'm still hoping the angels have something wicked planned, but its getting more unlikely as we haven't really seen more clues in weeks now.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

Chuquita wrote:I think everything's down because:

I think I read an article somewhere once that stated that it is virtually impossible to get anywhere near the ratings DBZ used to get in the 90's, not even for shows like OP. Didn't it reach the 20's during Wednesdays ?

Would be really curious to find out what numbers it's generating through Crunchyroll and Daisuki.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 am

Chuquita wrote: -fewer people watch shows live on TV
This honestly might be the reason, most people probably prefer watching it in their free time after it has aired..
...I blame anime waifus.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am

Maybe Jiren will be a fraud like the other pride troopers, that's the reason he isn't talking too much. He will fight only in this arc to be forgotten forever.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:21 am

Shinda Forever wrote:Maybe Jiren will be a fraud like the other pride troopers, that's the reason he isn't talking too much. He will fight only in this arc to be forgotten forever.
He single handedly took out Kale..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

perucho1990 wrote:
omaro34 wrote: Well to play along with you, that's only because the writers decided to make Jiren a mute. He doesn't interact with anybody. Hasn't said a line since the episode before the ToP actually began. It can be an easy fix and get Jiren to have a personality a bit instead of standing on top of a rock mute with his arms crossed.

Goku centric episodes had low ratings this arc, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with Goku. All the shows close to Super's time slot have been dropping, and that's due to external factors mainly. Over analyzing it doesn't accomplish much.
Fans would rather see Caulifla and Kale than Piccolo,Krillin, etc :thumbup:
Wait, so you cherry-pick only the episodes that suit your narrative, despite the fact that there are pre-tournament episodes with higher ratings (didn't the Krillin episode have the highest)?

Looking at the ratings for 100 and 101, I'd call Kale and Caulifla ratings killers at best, if you don't ignore the episodes that came before 97.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

Michsi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I think everything's down because:

I think I read an article somewhere once that stated that it is virtually impossible to get anywhere near the ratings DBZ used to get in the 90's, not even for shows like OP. Didn't it reach the 20's during Wednesdays ?

Would be really curious to find out what numbers it's generating through Crunchyroll and Daisuki.
Yup. Same thing with TV shows in the US. The internet has made it impossible for TV to capture that many people's attention at the same time.

Also I think Wednesday evening is a lot better timeslot than Sunday morning. Not all kids are early risers, but everyone's awake at dinner.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote: -fewer people watch shows live on TV
This honestly might be the reason, most people probably prefer watching it in their free time after it has aired..
...I blame anime waifus.
I watch barely anything live. Super's only one of my exceptions because of my own time zone.

The culture in Japan probably is part of the contributors to why the birth rate is down.
Last edited by Chuquita on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
...I blame anime waifus.
I blame taxes, taxes and... yeah, more taxes.
Shinda Forever wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Vegeta fanboys are still desperate that Hitto disciplined Vegeta. :lol:
There's actually a source for that, Vegeta does beat Hit and gets a form earlier than Goku, his form consits of a long SSJ3 rainbow hair with no eyebrows and rainbow hairy eyes, the form is a throwback to the original saiyans so its a primitive type of gig where he only goes "uh uh ah ah aaaah" and beats everyone to a pulp including Jiren,Toppo, the GoDs, Grand Priest and Cell (yes he gets revived) and his long time rival Goku and finally kills him and gets his deserved only main character in the show as Goku gets retired from the beatdown he gets, I hear the main antagonist for the next arc is Yamcha so at ep 132-133 we get 2 eps of Yamcha V Vegeta as the final ep of DBS.