"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:11 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
"Take a back seat", aka do what he's done for most of Z and Super then. :roll:
Because he sure wasn't a major character in the previous two arcs.

User avatar
perucho1990
I Live Here
Posts: 2347
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 am

Toei needs to break up Gohan and Piccolo for their own good, They basically had Piccolo being mangled in order to make Tien look good, thats funny and sad at the same time.

With the way it looks, Gohan will be motivated the moment Piccolo is gone.

About Gokus reaction in the preview, thats the same reaction he showed when Freeza was killing the U9 assasins...

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
"Take a back seat", aka do what he's done for most of Z and Super then. :roll:
Because he sure wasn't a major character in the previous two arcs.
He hasn't defeated any of the main villains in Super so far. Goku killed Frieza (with assistance, yes, but he killed him all the same). Goku was the first to unlock a god form to be able to contend with Beerus. And he was directly responsible for Zamasu's death by summoning Zeno.

Vegeta got his moments against Frieza, but died to him anyways. And he mostly existed as a jobber for Beerus and Zamasu (got some good hits in though).

So I do have to wonder why Vegeta has to take a "back seat" when he's objectively done less than Goku while Goku needs to be a main focus despite the fact that he's gotten more attention than Vegeta.....
Last edited by hardcorefakes on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:43 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
"Take a back seat", aka do what he's done for most of Z and Super then. :roll:
Because he sure wasn't a major character in the previous two arcs.
He hasn't defeated any of the main villains in Super so far. He lost to Beerus (fight was never close save for a couple of seconds). Goku killed Frieza (with assistance, yes, but he killed him all the same). Goku was the one to unlock a god form first to be able to contend with Beerus. And he was directly responsible for Zamasu's death by summoning Zeno.

Vegeta got his moments against Frieza, but died to him anyways. And he mostly existed as a jobber for Beerus and Zamasu (got some good hits in though).

So I do have to wonder why Vegeta has to take a "back seat" when he's objectively done less than Goku while Goku needs to be a main focus despite the fact that he's gotten more attention than Vegeta.....
Maybe because Goku is the main character and Vegeta isn't?

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:29 am

incarnati0n wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Because he sure wasn't a major character in the previous two arcs.
He hasn't defeated any of the main villains in Super so far. He lost to Beerus (fight was never close save for a couple of seconds). Goku killed Frieza (with assistance, yes, but he killed him all the same). Goku was the one to unlock a god form first to be able to contend with Beerus. And he was directly responsible for Zamasu's death by summoning Zeno.

Vegeta got his moments against Frieza, but died to him anyways. And he mostly existed as a jobber for Beerus and Zamasu (got some good hits in though).

So I do have to wonder why Vegeta has to take a "back seat" when he's objectively done less than Goku while Goku needs to be a main focus despite the fact that he's gotten more attention than Vegeta.....
Maybe because Goku is the main character and Vegeta isn't?
Ok? Being the main character doesn't invalidate or refute anything I said, just provides an excuse for why things are the way they are. :wtf:

My post was just pointing out how it's funny that Vegeta needs to take a "back seat" now when he was never really in the forefront of a lot of fights to begin with.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 am

Draconic wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I really really hope Vegeta gets eliminated next episode. It's about time he takes a back seat. Leave the climax to Goku, Gohan and Freeza.
He has already taken a backseat since he disappeared for three episodes and also wasn't in Episode 101. Krillin who has been out since Episode 99 has gotten more scene time than him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:38 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:No no no, TOEI.

DO NOT THINK TO DO THIS.

'' The revenge of F ''. Really? Will Frost eliminate Vegeta? What relevant struggle did the Saiyan have? He even used Blue to fight seriously.

It would make absolutely no sense.

I hope VERY that Vegeta is not the next eliminated and has some great fight in the tournament.
It's hard to believe that your biggest highlight will be to defeat some U9 warriors, without even needing to quit the SSJ
What big fight could Vegeta possibly have? He has Cabba and thay is about it.
What?

I do not know, maybe a killer who beat him in the last tournament ...

Or, a certain warrior who fights for justice ...

It would be ridiculous for Vegeta to be eliminated without using all her power. He is one of the most important warriors of the tournament.
He has to at least have a real fight

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:43 am

Not really a fan of Vegeta going out this early as well besides it being a supposed shock treatment because they lost one of their main guns, Vegeta is the next thing they'll have to rely on if Goku goes out and for some reason I feel Goku wont last long after his fight with Jiren, while Freeza is indeed still there he isnt exactly trustworthy nor a team player, or at the very least let him have a battle with Hit or Toppo before going out and hopefully he takes one of them with him.

User avatar
MisteryOne
Regular
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Spain

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:46 am

I'm more than fine with Frost taking out Vegeta early...but not without him battling (and even maybe defeating) Hit or Toppo before. He can't go out without a great battle.
Be warned: my opinions are usually shit and I write on mobile. Deadly combination.

English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:03 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:No no no, TOEI.

DO NOT THINK TO DO THIS.

'' The revenge of F ''. Really? Will Frost eliminate Vegeta? What relevant struggle did the Saiyan have? He even used Blue to fight seriously.

It would make absolutely no sense.

I hope VERY that Vegeta is not the next eliminated and has some great fight in the tournament.
It's hard to believe that your biggest highlight will be to defeat some U9 warriors, without even needing to quit the SSJ
What big fight could Vegeta possibly have? He has Cabba and thay is about it.
What?

I do not know, maybe a killer who beat him in the last tournament ...

Or, a certain warrior who fights for justice ...

It would be ridiculous for Vegeta to be eliminated without using all her power. He is one of the most important warriors of the tournament.
He has to at least have a real fight
Vegeta will probably lose to them based on what Goku has to do to fight them.

Jiren will most likely beat Hit beaause of what Hit done to Dyspo.

Frieza seems like a fight for Frieza because of the Justice vs evil scenario.

User avatar
TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:30 am

Are we gonna get spoilers for the upcoming episodes next week?
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

User avatar
perucho1990
I Live Here
Posts: 2347
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:33 am

Frost using Mafuba would be interesting.

Frieza/Frost race are supposed to be prodigies, and we already saw Trunks learning Mafuba after watching a video.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:42 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Are we gonna get spoilers for the upcoming episodes next week?
They should be out some time this week, yeah. Probably 107, 108 and maybe a title/staff list for the special.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:55 am

hardcorefakes wrote:He hasn't defeated any of the main villains in Super so far. Goku killed Frieza (with assistance, yes, but he killed him all the same). Goku was the first to unlock a god form to be able to contend with Beerus. And he was directly responsible for Zamasu's death by summoning Zeno.

Vegeta got his moments against Frieza, but died to him anyways. And he mostly existed as a jobber for Beerus and Zamasu (got some good hits in though).

So I do have to wonder why Vegeta has to take a "back seat" when he's objectively done less than Goku while Goku needs to be a main focus despite the fact that he's gotten more attention than Vegeta.....
"Any of the main villains"? There's only even been the two of them in total, Frieza and Zamasu. That doesn't really have anything to do with anything anyway.

Aside from Goku, Vegeta has clearly been the main character of this entire series. Nobody else has nearly the amount of screentime as Goku and Vegeta.

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:57 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:Eh. Whether Vegeta goes out or next is up in the air. Sure the ending still could be right, but I also think it's possible that Roshi is going next. Good to see Frost again too.

As for Tenshinhan? Lol, just lol.
He was humiliated again as i predicted.
SansrivaaL wrote:Oh no‥ that ED‥ Vegeta may just be screwed :lol:
That will be fucking priceless specially, if it is Hitto doing the job. :lol:
MainJPW wrote:Uh oh....

Image
Vegeta is next. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Lol Tien got trolled AGAIN.

Also Dr. Rota is an idiot.
Tenshinhan is the new Yamcha, but, at least, Yamcha got a gaiden.
Dr. Rota is just a gag character nothing else.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Vegeta feels really inconsistent this arc. What I'm getting from it is there's several different visions higher ups have for Vegeta and none of them can agree so instead we get all of them and it results in a messy, almost split-personality thing going on depending on who gets the final say that particular week. I agree he isn't doing so well in the manga as of late either.

I think I'm just going to have to ultimately ride this arc out and hope the next one has a clearer vision or at least makes a decision on what to do with Vegeta.
And that is the problem with Vegeta, his character is already been exhausted and it is time to move on. It makes sense why Goku is ditching Vegeta has a rival hopefully after this arc he completely does.
I hope so, it is time for Hitto to take Vegeta's place as Goku rival. Frieza is another good option as well. Vegeta is finished.
To be fair, Tien tied with a sniper (whom he had on his knees and resorting to dirty tactics to avoid losing outright) who had half his team (especially Piccolo) on the ropes. Yamcha tied with a saibaman...It's not much of an equivalence.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:55 pm

I still wouldn't be so quick to believe Veggie is going next. I wills say though the possibility is there and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes next.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1665
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Bullza wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:He hasn't defeated any of the main villains in Super so far. Goku killed Frieza (with assistance, yes, but he killed him all the same). Goku was the first to unlock a god form to be able to contend with Beerus. And he was directly responsible for Zamasu's death by summoning Zeno.

Vegeta got his moments against Frieza, but died to him anyways. And he mostly existed as a jobber for Beerus and Zamasu (got some good hits in though).

So I do have to wonder why Vegeta has to take a "back seat" when he's objectively done less than Goku while Goku needs to be a main focus despite the fact that he's gotten more attention than Vegeta.....
"Any of the main villains"? There's only even been the two of them in total, Frieza and Zamasu. That doesn't really have anything to do with anything anyway.

Aside from Goku, Vegeta has clearly been the main character of this entire series. Nobody else has nearly the amount of screentime as Goku and Vegeta.
Vegeta had great screen time, yes, but what did he do relevant? He hit Golden Freeza (which was totally worn out) but soon after he died for him in the blast of the earth. He defeated 3 U6 warriors, but did not have to use more than the SSJ, and then was defeated by Hitto.

He was defeated by Black and Zamasu twice and only then managed to beat them. In the manga he is being much more relevant, forcing Black to merge and attaining the same power of Goku with the MSSB

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:58 pm

It is Official that the Next Episode is Next Week or is it On Break for 2 weeks, is their official Confirmation on this?! :eh:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:04 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:It is Official that the Next Episode is Next Week or is it On Break for 2 weeks, is their official Confirmation on this?! :eh:
On break this next week for a 27 hour history special, then episodes 107 and 108 as normal, then another week off for the One Piece special, followed by a one hour Super special the week after.

User avatar
CJStriker_CBR
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:It is Official that the Next Episode is Next Week or is it On Break for 2 weeks, is their official Confirmation on this?! :eh:
On break this next week for a 27 hour history special, then episodes 107 and 108 as normal, then another week off for the One Piece special, followed by a one hour Super special the week after.
Thanks for That, So Let me Get My Calendar Straight here:

Going by North American Dates when it is watchable 8 pm EST:

9/9 ~~~ BREAK!
9/16 ~~~~ 107!
9/23 ~~~~ 108!
9/30 ~~~BREAK, One Piece Special!
10/7 ~~ Dragon Ball Super Special!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Post Reply