"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Bullza wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:He needs to defeat someone of his level if it would not be a total waste.
He defeated Golden Frieza, made him cop out and blow the planet up like a coward when he knew he was about to be slaughtered.

The only one Goku has even beat on that level was Hit, the one time and you could consider than draw even. He lost against Beerus, lost against Hit, lost against Black (Vegeta had the better performance against him), drew with Toppo and drew with Golden Frieza.
I'm talking about ToP.

Vegeta needs to at least defeat someone of his level or have a standout fight.

A rematch against Hitto and a fight against Toppo are examples

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Vegeta needs to at least defeat someone of his level or have a standout fight. A rematch against Hitto and a fight against Toppo are examples
I'm all with that, I despise Vegeta attitude acting all cocky and shit like his pre Majin self, but I recognize it would be a waste to have him eliminated so soon.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:42 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:I'm talking about ToP.

Vegeta needs to at least defeat someone of his level or have a standout fight.

A rematch against Hitto and a fight against Toppo are examples
Didn't Toshio say that Vegeta and Hit were going to have another fight? That's what people have been saying around here.

If so Vegeta will probably beat Hit this time around. I can't see him having a rematch only to lose again. That'd seem a bit redundant.

There aren't many big names outside of Universe 7 so he'll probably only get the one. Frieza will probably get Toppo and Goku will get Jiren.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Bullza wrote:Didn't Toshio say that Vegeta and Hit were going to have another fight? That's what people have been saying around here.

If so Vegeta will probably beat Hit this time around. I can't see him having a rematch only to lose again. That'd seem a bit redundant.

There aren't many big names outside of Universe 7 so he'll probably only get the one. Frieza will probably get Toppo and Goku will get Jiren.
He said he was looking forward to the fight between them which people took took as a confirmation that they were, but later he said that he didn't write one but he'd like to see them fight again.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Bullza wrote: Didn't Toshio say that Vegeta and Hit were going to have another fight? That's what people have been saying around here.
Toshio said that people were making that up IIRC.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Bullza wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:He beat Goku in Z, a greater win than anything he's ever gotten since.
That was back when he was a main villain himself so that doesn't really count.
Why is Freeza counted as a win for Vegeta?
Well he beat him. That Frieza took everyone out with a suicide attack doesn't stop Vegeta from giving him a beat down. Gohan gave Cell a beat down before he went to blow himself up. When did Vegeta ever give a main villain in his strongest form a beat down in Z?
His beatdown on Black isn't any greater than his beatdown on Semi-Perfect Cell.
It is because he didn't get stomped a couple minutes afterward when Black powered up. If this was Z then upon Black obtaining the scythe he would have kicked the shit out of Vegeta and then Goku would have beaten him.
Him beating Cabba, Magetta, and Frost isn't any better than defeating Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon, or Jeice.
Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon and Jeice were nothing more than mere underlings. Vegeta beat a bunch of henchmen. Frost, Cabba and Magetta are at least supposed to be powerful warriors, amongst the strongest beings in that universe and he beat them all, back to back without any rest.
It's definitely his best string of victories, but he isn't exactly treated any better in Super than in Z.
He lost countless times in battle in Z so that someone else could then fight that person and beat him. It happened with Recoome, it happened with Frieza, it happened with Android 18, it happened with Cell and it happened with Buu.

In Super it's only happened with Beerus and Hit but at least there when Goku fought them he still lost as well. Aside from those two the only other fight he's lost was against Black but that's fine because everyone was getting knocked around by him.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:He needs to defeat someone of his level if it would not be a total waste.
He defeated Golden Frieza, made him cop out and blow the planet up like a coward when he knew he was about to be slaughtered.

The only one Goku has even beat on that level was Hit, the one time and you could consider than draw even. He lost against Beerus, lost against Hit, lost against Black (Vegeta had the better performance against him), drew with Toppo and drew with Golden Frieza.
It doesn't count cause he was a villain? Lol of course it counts. That's the best win he has in the entire series. He didn't beat Freeza though. That fight ended when Freeza blew up earth and killed Vegeta, thus scoring a second win on Vegeta. Even when they reversed time, Goku interrupted that fight and killed Freeza instead. After Vegeta stomped Black, Black proceeded to overwhelm both Vegeta and Goku with clones anyway and get a power up himself, hardly seems any better than Cell proving his superiority over Vegeta when Black himself held both Goku and Vegeta at bay regardless. So you mention them as mere underlings, but want to try and sell that Frost, Magetta and Cabba were powerful dudes? It doesn't work that way. The people he beat in the tournament were all second tier fighters same as it was on Namek. Devaluing the opponents on Namek to suit your argument doesn't work. Goku losing as well doesn't mean Vegeta was treated better. He lost to Beerus and had to watch Goku outperform him.

Goku did all the work against Freeza and the best Vegeta gets is beating up on Goku's sloppy seconds and he gets killed anyway and Goku has to save his ass anyway. Next saga has him clean house on second tier fighters and then gets demolished by Hitto only to watch Base Goku outperform him. Next saga, he's the first to fall to SSR Black, and Goku does put in a better performance there. Vegeta eventually puts in a better performance against Black, but gets overwhelmed by clones, then uses a Father-Son Galick Gun on M-Zamasu, only for Goku to shit on that and outperform that. Vegeta ended that saga getting outperformed watching both Goku and Trunks outperform him. You can call Freeza a coward, but that was a life or death fight. He killed and defeated Vegeta. Vegeta lost a fight he very well should have won. Not really sure how he gets treated any differently in Super than in Z.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am

Yeah....you'd have to be reaching hard (and I mean, really hard) to consider what Vegeta did against Frieza a "win".

That was a superficial bone thrown to him, nothing more, nothing less. He still ends up dying to Frieza, and Goku finishes Frieza off.

In no world is that a "victory" for Vegeta.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am

My mind is still blown that people still believe Vegeta will be knocked out soon :shock:
How i predict the tournament will end:

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 am

Will we be getting a new ending once the special airs?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 am

hardcorefakes wrote:Yeah....you'd have to be reaching hard (and I mean, really hard) to consider what Vegeta did against Frieza a "win".

That was a superficial bone thrown to him, nothing more, nothing less. He still ends up dying to Frieza, and Goku finishes Frieza off.

Vegeta fans need to cling to something, otherwise they have to accept that Vegeta basically got 'Yamach'd'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:50 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Will we be getting a new ending once the special airs?
Yep, the band and song will be announced some time this month.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:39 am

hardcorefakes wrote:Yeah....you'd have to be reaching hard (and I mean, really hard) to consider what Vegeta did against Frieza a "win".

It's incredibly reaching indeed. Makes no sense to call that a good moment for Vegeta. Goku endures the beating Freeza gives him and goes on to about to defeat him until Sorbet steps in. Vegeta beats down an already fatigued and battle-worn fighter but fails to get the job done and gets killed. So then time rewinds via Whis and Goku has to save Vegeta. Like I have no idea how that's a win for Veggie.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 am

Until episode 102 I didn't like this tournament. But I've really been enjoying it since and this one was no exception. Why don't some of you people enjoy episodes where strategy is used? Gohan and kame sennin's episodes have been my favorites.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:50 am

sangofe wrote:Until episode 102 I didn't like this tournament. But I've really been enjoying it since and this one was no exception. Why don't some of you people enjoy episodes where strategy is used? Gohan and kame sennin's episodes have been my favorites.
Because this strategy was a waste of screen time and didn't amount to anything, when Goku knows Instant Transmission and could just like, punch them both out.

What did Gohan and Piccolo even do in 106? It was more of an exposition of their opponents abilities than strategy.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 am

Vegeta is not confirmed to fight Hit at all and Toshio just said he would like to see the fight.

The are not many top tier fighters left for Vegeta to face and many do not have a connection to him.

Xeogran wrote:
sangofe wrote:Until episode 102 I didn't like this tournament. But I've really been enjoying it since and this one was no exception. Why don't some of you people enjoy episodes where strategy is used? Gohan and kame sennin's episodes have been my favorites.
Because this strategy was a waste of screen time and didn't amount to anything, when Goku knows Instant Transmission and could just like, punch them both out.

What did Gohan and Piccolo even do in 106? It was more of an exposition of their opponents abilities than strategy.
Piccolo saved Gohan and if Piccolo was ot there Gohan would have been finishsed by the snipers. They couldn't sense the sniper and cpupd only aee the reflector.

I think he is talking about episode 103 with Gohan but that was a bit of a crap strategy against Obuni since it was just seeing who could take the most punches.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:21 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I think he is talking about episode 103 with Gohan but that was a bit of a crap strategy against Obuni since it was just seeing who could take the most punches.
How is that a crap strategy? It worked. Because it required Gohan's attributes? That's how you make a strategy, by looking at what you have and planning out how it can be used against the problem.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 am

Could we stop twisting arguments? A strategy is a strategy, a win is a win and a battle is a battle.
SansrivaaL wrote:
Simere wrote:It wasn't "strongest" warrior, it was "best" warrior; the criteria of "best" having yet to be laid out.
I thought being the strongest would be the best criteria in a tournament literally called ''Tournament of Power'' oh well.
It won't be the strongest for sure, that could have been assessed from the beginning.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:41 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I think he is talking about episode 103 with Gohan but that was a bit of a crap strategy against Obuni since it was just seeing who could take the most punches.
How is that a crap strategy? It worked. Because it required Gohan's attributes? That's how you make a strategy, by looking at what you have and planning out how it can be used against the problem.
That is just like any plain fight where whoever has more strength wins. He will need more than that if he is going to beat anyone better and after his clueless performance defending against the sniper he is going to struggle.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 am

Xeogran wrote: What did Gohan and Piccolo even do in 106? It was more of an exposition of their opponents abilities than strategy.
I re-watched the episode and I'm actually pretty pleased with Piccolo's performance. Even if it didn't end up being his win, how he quickly analyzes the situation, how he comes up with the idea to find out where the sniper is, the smokescreen, figuring out it could locate it's targets using body heat and then how to counter it- the first half actually has a lot going for him despite the limb losing bit. If people looked past the sacrifice scene, you'll see he did fairly well for someone who wasn't supposed to be the highlight of the episode.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:41 am

Michsi wrote:
Xeogran wrote: What did Gohan and Piccolo even do in 106? It was more of an exposition of their opponents abilities than strategy.
I re-watched the episode and I'm actually pretty pleased with Piccolo's performance. Even if it didn't end up being his win, how he quickly analyzes the situation, how he comes up with the idea to find out where the sniper is, the smokescreen, figuring out it could locate it's targets using body heat and then how to counter it- the first half actually has a lot going for him despite the limb losing bit. If people looked past the sacrifice scene, you'll see he did fairly well for someone who wasn't supposed to be the highlight of the episode.
The sacrifice scene made whatever plans he had go to waste,him being carefull enough and analyzing the situation so he could not get hit does not mean anything when he ends up taking a hit anyways.
Worse thing is those hits he took were not even his fault,it was Gohan's.