"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:50 am

Basako wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: We never got a magazine listing for episode 106 and only one of those preview cards a week before which had Tien on it.

We know all 8 from Universe 6 and 7 are there in episode 109 and it would seem like this stuff is continuing into episode 109 so the special is probably going to end up being crazy.
We don't know that and I highly doubt it. Roshi is so screwed using the Mafuba again and that's on 108. Universe six doesn't have everyone secure either, I would keep an eye on Magetta.
The poster for the special said that all 8 from Universe 6 and 7 are still in.
Boo Machine wrote:If Gohan is like he was when he fought Obuni, then that would be Bad ass enough for me. I've always been into Dork Gohan anyway.

But if he has to deal with Freeza and Frost then things will probably get pretty intense regardless. Though I can't exactly see him winning that, so someone will probably jump in to help him. Luckily he has Piccolo on a leash so he is always near by.

I'm also pretty excited to see Roshi vs Magetta. Always up for more Magetta.
Episode 108 could be where Piccolo and Gohan split up.

User avatar
Basako
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:59 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: The poster for the special said that all 8 from Universe 6 and 7 are still in.
Oops, I missed that.
Heno heno kappa!

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:08 am

They killed the hype by saying all of the remaining fighters from U6 and 7 remain on the stage till ep 109. Thx Toei.

User avatar
Basako
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:10 am

Zamasu55 wrote:They killed the hype by saying all of the remaining fighters from U6 and 7 remain on the stage till ep 109. Thx Toei.
That's true man, that was unnecessary but very relevant information to give in a summary.
Heno heno kappa!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 am

*says he will leave the boards because of spoilers*

*returns half an hour later to discuss said spoilers*

Seriously, how does a 'betrayal' actually work on the Tournament of Power? Can a participant change allegiance in the middle of the freakin' event? Is Frieza's hatred for Goku so great he prefers it if both of them get erased rather than him being resurrected? And why should Frost change allegiance? Why go to another Universe when he's offered amnesty in his own? All this stuff doesn't add up. Frieza's betrayal back in his recruitment ep made sense (somewhat) since he was negotiating with U9. But what will happen here? Is the Arcosian duo so full of themselves they think the Universe they'll offer their services to will use the Super Dragon Balls to un-erase them and bring them to their side? And why wouldn't Beerus and Champa Hakai the crap out of them for doing such a dick move?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 am

Kanassa wrote: Gohan VS Lavender was the best fight Gohan's ever had, making Gohan look good without taking away personality or making him bland.

Though, the worst thing about this tournament as a whole is: Gohan isn't in Great Saiyaman Gear. I really hoped the Great Saiyaman two parter was foreshadowing for him embracing that persona for the tournament...
Agree on Gohan vs. Lavender. I personally think it's the best fight he has as an adult since he used his head and comes up with clever ways to get around being poisoned. Although he was an idiot for getting a beam struggle.

Not the biggest fan Great Saiyaman, but he is fun to watch.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 am

Nickolaidas wrote:And why wouldn't Beerus and Champa Hakai the crap out of them for doing such a dick move?
Welcome back :P
They can't interfere..
Hakai during the tournament is also an interference..

As for how the betrayal works, no idea..
I am here still stumped about the spirit bomb..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
Basako
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:23 am

Nickolaidas wrote:*says he will leave the boards because of spoilers*

*returns half an hour later to discuss said spoilers*

Seriously, how does a 'betrayal' actually work on the Tournament of Power? Can a participant change allegiance in the middle of the freakin' event? Is Frieza's hatred for Goku so great he prefers it if both of them get erased rather than him being resurrected? And why should Frost change allegiance? Why go to another Universe when he's offered amnesty in his own? All this stuff doesn't add up. Frieza's betrayal back in his recruitment ep made sense (somewhat) since he was negotiating with U9. But what will happen here? Is the Arcosian duo so full of themselves they think the Universe they'll offer their services to will use the Super Dragon Balls to un-erase them and bring them to their side? And why wouldn't Beerus and Champa Hakai the crap out of them for doing such a dick move?
This is bugging me too. Betray how? He is part of universe 7 and Frost of 6. They are killing themselves in the process. Freeza is already in Hell but Frost at least is alive. Switching universes now? To U4? Is that a good deal for them? I don't know...
Heno heno kappa!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:25 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:And why wouldn't Beerus and Champa Hakai the crap out of them for doing such a dick move?
Welcome back :P
They can't interfere..
Hakai during the tournament is also an interference..

As for how the betrayal works, no idea..
I am here still stumped about the spirit bomb..
Honestly, I can't tell if I'm pissed or ecstatic about this bit of info. I just hope Frieza won't end up being a WHAT-a-TWIST! moment which will last 10 seconds and then he'll be gone. Wasn't fun back then with Mirai Trunks and won't be fun now.

Though truth be told, this is FAR better than say, eliminating one more fodder guy only to be slapped away by Jiren and never be seen again. At least with this, the Arcosians are doing their own thing and bow to no rules. Could end up being amazing, could end up being disappointing. Super so far has handled Frieza pretty damn well, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 am

Freeza betraying them does sound pretty darn stupid, but I think that only applies to the saiyans, its not like all their teammates are saiyans, and they probably think there wont be anyone out there that can take em out once the saiyans are dealt with.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:And why wouldn't Beerus and Champa Hakai the crap out of them for doing such a dick move?
Welcome back :P
They can't interfere..
Hakai during the tournament is also an interference..

As for how the betrayal works, no idea..
I am here still stumped about the spirit bomb..
Honestly, I can't tell if I'm pissed or ecstatic about this bit of info. I just hope Frieza won't end up being a WHAT-a-TWIST! moment which will last 10 seconds and then he'll be gone. Wasn't fun back then with Mirai Trunks and won't be fun now.

Though truth be told, this is FAR better than say, eliminating one more fodder guy only to be slapped away by Jiren and never be seen again. At least with this, the Arcosians are doing their own thing and bow to no rules. Could end up being amazing, could end up being disappointing. Super so far has handled Frieza pretty damn well, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe if they are the only 2 left then both Universes survive but they get the wish.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6114
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 am

Zamasu55 wrote:They killed the hype by saying all of the remaining fighters from U6 and 7 remain on the stage till ep 109. Thx Toei.
If people don't want to be spoiled, I suggest they avoid the thread that's dedicated to spoilers.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MainJPW » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 am

At the very least it'd be interesting to see how Freeza and Frost will pull this off without getting their teeth kicked in....and I really want to see how Freeza will "manipulate" the Gods, he did say he would reign over Zeno after all.
Nickolaidas wrote:At least with this, the Arcosians are doing their own thing and bow to no rules.
...The what?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Freeza betraying them does sound pretty darn stupid, but I think that only applies to the saiyans, its not like all their teammates are saiyans, and they probably think there wont be anyone out there that can take em out once the saiyans are dealt with.
That is kind of Freeza's character. For all his cleverness, he's actually kind of stupid. I mean, just looked how he acted Namek. Even when he supposedly smarted up in Resurrection 'F', he still managed to screw himself.

Also, I don't think it's just the Saiyans. He dislikes Beerus for beating him that time, according to Toriyama, Piccolo one of those Namekians who stole his wish, and the humans who screwed him on Namek. Goku being his most hated person in the multiverse doesn't help.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
MisteryOne
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Spain

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:18 am

Zamasu55 wrote:They killed the hype by saying all of the remaining fighters from U6 and 7 remain on the stage till ep 109. Thx Toei.
This! Now I can only wonder how Frost manages to seal Vegeta yet he doesn't eliminate him or Roshi, or how Frieza betrays U7 without trying to eliminate Gohan or something... The F duo doesn't look too competent so far. In fact, is Frieza just betraying them for the saiyans? Really? Does he realize the situation? I was looking forward to see what those two could do more than the whole Goku vs Jiren thing (which also looks damn boring to be honest) but now that we know anyone is being eliminated I lost the hype.

Now I know we are the ones that decide to be spoilered or not, but there are some things that just should not be revealed beforehand.

There are so many things I don't like about the execution of this arc that I even doubt the manga can fix them, if it even tries at all.
Be warned: my opinions are usually shit and I write on mobile. Deadly combination.

English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 am

HeroR wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Freeza betraying them does sound pretty darn stupid, but I think that only applies to the saiyans, its not like all their teammates are saiyans, and they probably think there wont be anyone out there that can take em out once the saiyans are dealt with.
That is kind of Freeza's character. For all his cleverness, he's actually kind of stupid. I mean, just looked how he acted Namek. Even when he supposedly smarted up in Resurrection 'F', he still managed to screw himself.

Also, I don't think it's just the Saiyans. He dislikes Beerus for beating him that time, according to Toriyama, Piccolo one of those Namekians who stole his wish, and the humans who screwed him on Namek. Goku being his most hated person in the multiverse doesn't help.
When I said "stupid" its him prioritizing to throw out the saiyans when he himself knows he'll be screwed if they lose, especially when he knows that after they win Goku will resurrect him anyways and he can plan his next attack instead of being an idiot that chooses to get erased along with the people he hates rather than save it for another day when theres a chance he can kill them anyways while not getting erased in the process. I dont exactly see Freeza as the suicidal type.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:They killed the hype by saying all of the remaining fighters from U6 and 7 remain on the stage till ep 109. Thx Toei.
This! Now I can only wonder how Frost manages to seal Vegeta yet he doesn't eliminate him or Roshi, or how Frieza betrays U7 without trying to eliminate Gohan or something... The F duo doesn't look too competent so far. In fact, is Frieza just betraying them for the saiyans? Really? Does he realize the situation? I was looking forward to see what those two could do more than the whole Goku vs Jiren thing (which also looks damn boring to be honest) but now that we know anyone is being eliminated I lost the hype.

Now I know we are the ones that decide to be spoilered or not, but there are some things that just should not be revealed beforehand.

There are so many things I don't like about the execution of this arc that I even doubt the manga can fix them, if it even tries at all.
You should know by now that Japanese don't care about that kind of stuff like westerns do. They outright spoiled Black's identity in a summery for Episode 61, two days before Episode 60 aired. Heck, we knew Black and Zamasu were going to fused since they spoiled the episode title a whole month before it happened. To them, it isn't the information, it's the journey or seeing how things got that point. Not so much what is going to happen.
SansrivaaL wrote:
When I said "stupid" its him prioritizing to throw out the saiyans when he himself knows he'll be screwed if they lose, especially when he knows that after they win Goku will resurrect him anyways and he can plan his next attack instead of being an idiot that chooses to get erased along with the people he hates rather than save it for another day when theres a chance he can kill them anyways while not getting erased in the process. I dont exactly see Freeza as the suicidal type.
Given how it's worded, it looks like he defects to U6 or will at least try. Will Zen'o allow it, who knows. We know Champa wouldn't mind since it screws Beerus. And he probably figures that U6 have Dragon Balls since it's a twin of U7. So he can just used those. To him, he joins U6 and gets everyone he hates erased from existence. That may be worth it even if he isn't brought back, because Freeza is a petty asshole. Remember, he tried to jump ship to U9 after he tried to get Goku erased.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:31 am

MisteryOne wrote: Now I can only wonder how Frost manages to seal Vegeta yet he doesn't eliminate him or Roshi,
Maybe he simply took the bottle Vegeta is in and didn't throw it out, or the bottle got lost in rubble..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
Yomi
Regular
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yomi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:52 am

sintzu wrote: If it makes Vegeta look good then I'm all for it. :mrgreen: Isn't that what Toei did with Trunks ?
I don't mind, hadn't seen him in years, and it was his arc/fight respectively.
:clap:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 am

Yomi wrote:
sintzu wrote: If it makes Vegeta look good then I'm all for it. :mrgreen: Isn't that what Toei did with Trunks ?
I don't mind, hadn't seen him in years, and it was his arc/fight respectively.
That's how I feel. I am a Goku fan, and I didn't like how Goku took shine from Trunks in the Super manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Post Reply