"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some good news it looks like it is the end of gashapon's giving "spoilers" away, UDM #29 been revealed and nothing out the ordinary. In case anyone is wondering #27 gave away SSG returning and DBS vs DB #04 gave Goku using Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb away. With #05 nothing out the ordinary.

A couple of holes, but I think so far they have done a good job of keeping major things fairly hush from leaking, of course some stuff is still out their control.
Don't see how that one figure gave away the Kaioken or the Spirit Bomb.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some good news it looks like it is the end of gashapon's giving "spoilers" away, UDM #29 been revealed and nothing out the ordinary. In case anyone is wondering #27 gave away SSG returning and DBS vs DB #04 gave Goku using Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb away. With #05 nothing out the ordinary.

A couple of holes, but I think so far they have done a good job of keeping major things fairly hush from leaking, of course some stuff is still out their control.
What is that figure on the bottom of the UDM 29 image? It kind of looks like Broly wearing Saiyan armor.
I think it is the Trunks & Vegeta fusion from Heroes.
Yep, it's Vegeeks: Xeno.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
vashter wrote:Can someone tell me if Jiren could be a league above merge zamasu? Since episode leak listed that goku use kaiokenx20 I don't know if it a regular kaioken or with ssb and Jiren literally tank it, merge zamasu got kick in face by goku non kaioken multiplyer and it erase halo on back of merge zamasu just with a fricking kaioken kick
Jiren is leagues above merged Zamasu..
Dude is supposed to be no selling Blue KK 20 and merged Zamasu was dusted by one KK attack..
If you wanna go by the manga, perfect blue can somewhat compete with merged Zamasu, and even in the manga Goku more than likely is gonna need to new form to beat Jiren..

I would not go that far, Merged Zamasu handled Vegito pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Vegito could Take Jiren. That one kick surprised Zamasu, I wouldn't say he "dusted" him.
Right. I took that kick as a last resort of trying to get free and it took him by surprise.

I doubt Jiren is Vegito level. With this new form, that would mean Goku would surpass Vegito within a year after fusing, which is just absurd.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 pm

HeroR wrote:

Don't see how that one figure gave away the Kaioken or the Spirit Bomb.
Goku's pose is exactly like that of the Buu arc where he fired against Buu:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Furthermore Goku's gi is coloured in Kaioken red colour, here is a comparison with another SSGSS Goku from the same line:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

At the time it meant nothing, but with hindsight after the summary it definitely "spoiled" us, luckily no-one caught on lol.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I doubt Gohan will get a new form to overshadow Goku's so soon.

Gohan might be the reason why he gets the form as Goku migh get beat up badly and while he lies on the floor he sees Frieza start his betrayal and tortures Gohan before knocking him and this makes Goku angry and he gets he new form.
I wouldn't mind this one bit lol.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:41 pm

HeroR wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
darzap wrote:
That's not what happened, though. You beat down the tiger, some other animal catches you off guard and it looks dangerous for a moment, but then your friend intervenes as well and you win in the end.

Frieza lost the straight fight AND the fight involving tricks. So no matter, which of those 2 definitions you chose, he lost by both of them.
Frieza blew up the planet Vegeta was on, ergo he won.

And Frieza did it with stamina issues, while having to fight two SSB opponents in a row.

He looks far more impressive than either Goku or Vegeta there, even with the "tricks" (aka Goku letting his guard down). And Frieza didn't have the benefit of being friends with a divine being.

In the end, he won the battle, but it was reversed due to circumstances outside of his control.
Freeza came out looking worse since he lost to Goku for the exact same reason he lost on Namek. He had poor stamina and it was even worse with his golden form.

Goku and Vegeta were careless. Freeza was just an impatient idiot.
And yet he blew up the planet all the same.

Says a lot about Goku and Vegeta to let that happen if Frieza somehow looked "worse" there, huh? :lol:

He did it literally right in front of Vegeta too, so don't say that was dirty either.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Nice observations!

Anyways, I think we can assume that in the manga, Goku would just use his perfected SSJB form instead of SSJB Kaioken, and almost everything else will be identical to the anime.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

What is that figure on the bottom of the UDM 29 image? It kind of looks like Broly wearing Saiyan armor.
I think it is the Trunks & Vegeta fusion from Heroes.
You're right. That's Xeno Vegeks! :thumbup:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
HeroR wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Frieza blew up the planet Vegeta was on, ergo he won.

And Frieza did it with stamina issues, while having to fight two SSB opponents in a row.

He looks far more impressive than either Goku or Vegeta there, even with the "tricks" (aka Goku letting his guard down). And Frieza didn't have the benefit of being friends with a divine being.

In the end, he won the battle, but it was reversed due to circumstances outside of his control.
Freeza came out looking worse since he lost to Goku for the exact same reason he lost on Namek. He had poor stamina and it was even worse with his golden form.

Goku and Vegeta were careless. Freeza was just an impatient idiot.
And yet he blew up the planet all the same.

Says a lot about Goku and Vegeta to let that happen if Frieza somehow looked "worse" there, huh? :lol:

He did it literally right in front of Vegeta too, so don't say that was dirty either.
And he would have completely killed Goku and not have Whis rewind time on him if he took the time to master his golden form instead of rushing to Earth and repeating the same mistake.

So yes, he came out looking worse in the end and went right back where he started.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Where can I find episode in japanese sub

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkj_fzaRzwA

Link to another segment of the History special

Korin VS Satan!

Also, is Whis using a fucking Time Scroll from Xenoverse? :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkj_fzaRzwA

Korin VS Satan!

I swear, I thought I heard Zamasu's theme playing for a moment.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkj_fzaRzwA

Korin VS Satan!

Vegeta can't even get a win on Frieza in a history special. :lol:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:37 pm

History adventure with Whis and Goku. How cute!
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Lupin879 wrote:Where can I find episode in japanese sub
Official streams:
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/contents/dragonball_s.html
http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Lmao Yajirobe was a caveman in the special :lol:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Totamo wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Totamo wrote: Wait, Kid Buu was pure of heart and was also overpowered so how did it work on him.
He's pure evil. The perfect candidate to be obliterated by the blast. IIRC, he used his own ki to deflect it (i.e. generated wind through his palms) and was far stronger than Goku until Goku got his energy back.
Pure of heart is pure evil. Thats why Vegeta got super saiyan remember?
But he also got hit by the spirit bomb...he clearly doesn't meet whatever requirements there were so it doesn't look like pure evil counts. I don't really understand what you're tying to do other than jumping through hoops to proactively justify something.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:57 pm

TheOne wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Jiren is leagues above merged Zamasu..
Dude is supposed to be no selling Blue KK 20 and merged Zamasu was dusted by one KK attack..
If you wanna go by the manga, perfect blue can somewhat compete with merged Zamasu, and even in the manga Goku more than likely is gonna need to new form to beat Jiren..

I would not go that far, Merged Zamasu handled Vegito pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Vegito could Take Jiren. That one kick surprised Zamasu, I wouldn't say he "dusted" him.
Right. I took that kick as a last resort of trying to get free and it took him by surprise.

I doubt Jiren is Vegito level. With this new form, that would mean Goku would surpass Vegito within a year after fusing, which is just absurd.
There's nothing absurd about it, if SSJ Blue Vegetto is 30x as strong as SSJ Blue Goku, then Limit Breaker Goku can still be stronger with an either 50x or even 100x multiplier over Goku's SSJ Blue Form.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I doubt Gohan will get a new form to overshadow Goku's so soon.

Gohan might be the reason why he gets the form as Goku migh get beat up badly and while he lies on the floor he sees Frieza start his betrayal and tortures Gohan before knocking him and this makes Goku angry and he gets he new form.

I actually really like this idea.... a lot. Mabye not exactly how you said it might go down( with Freeza) but in general with Gohan getting stomped and Goku is helpless in his own bout with Jiren.

We have seen Goku go into a berserk mode against Frieza when Krillin dies ( 1st SSJ transformation).

We see Goku get a massive rage boost against Goku Black when he imagines Chi-Chi and Goten getting killed.

But to see Gohan being beat to a pulp and helpless, that could be a really cool scene for the fans to see Goku actually take charge and have his love for his son be the catalyst. Gohan could be screaming out for his fathers help, and WHAMMIE, Papa Bear Goku just got pissed off! Goku could have a flash back of when Raditz stole Gohan, followed by how he sacraficed to save Gohan from Cell's explosion, and realize how serious this tournament is, and just rage out! Gives me goose bumps.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

There's nothing absurd about it, if SSJ Blue Vegetto is 30x as strong as SSJ Blue Goku, then Limit Breaker Goku can still be stronger with an either 50x or even 100x multiplier over Goku's SSJ Blue Form.
I get that you all like to look really deep into things. I really do, because I'm the same way. But dragon ball doesn't seem to be that kind of series.

What I'm trying to say is, do you guys really think they pay that much attention to detail with this show? Surely you don't think they sat down trying to measure precisely where they want to put Jiren power wise. They probably picked a ridiculously high number for kaioken without actually thinking about where that would put him. We saw that when they decided to say that Ssj2 Vegeta made Beerus use 10 percent of his power. I know that was only in the movie, but people still made a huge deal about it. Same thing with SSJ3 Gotenks and Copy Vegeta. That opened up another can of worms.

So yeah maybe a 50-100x multiplier would technically make Goku in the realm of Vegetto level, but those guys over there definitely don't look at the details that way. All they care about is showing the enemy is overwhelmingly strong and Goku needs a new transformation to handle the situation. It's that simple. They change things to fit the situation. And as it stands, Goku being Vegetto Blue right now is kinda out of the cards. They portrayed it as a power unattainable by them individually. And it doesn't help that the anime portrayed Vegetto and Zamasu to be too close in power than what they really were. All for the sake of drama.
How i predict the tournament will end: